Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon dash button 16:11 - Sep 10 with 951 viewsStokieBlue

So I was taking a look at the turmeric tea recommended by connor on the drinks thread and this thing came up on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Dash-Button/b/ref=sn_gfs_pr_325dash_promo_325das

Has there ever been a more pointless invention?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Amazon dash button on 16:16 - Sep 10 with 935 viewsconnorscontract

No. Absolutely ridiculous. Especially as you could do the same by voice if you had an Alexa device, or on your phone/tablet quick enough anyway.
Amazon dash button on 16:16 - Sep 10 with 935 viewsJ2BLUE

Not pointless for Amazon.

Great idea for elderly people in certain cases. For most other people it's just pure laziness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Amazon dash button on 16:22 - Sep 10 with 904 viewsfooters

Aside from it being very creepy, not sure many people have a go-to brand for most things? Personally, I like to try different products (like the coffee button) and in some cases just don't care (washing up liquid, washing powder). Some buttons, like the condom button, would be used once every decade so there's no point.

This may be a stopgap before more intelligent IoT systems become commonplace. Although your fridge ordering milk for you is, again, creepy and one of the least exciting things about IoT.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Amazon dash button on 16:24 - Sep 10 with 890 viewsconnorscontract

Amazon dash button on 16:16 - Sep 10 by J2BLUE

Not pointless for Amazon.

Great idea for elderly people in certain cases. For most other people it's just pure laziness.

But you have to have different buttons for each item. Alexa makes it redundant, except in the case of people with speech disabilities, of course.
Amazon dash button on 16:24 - Sep 10 with 890 viewsSpruceMoose

I'd probably forget I'd pushed it and over the course of a day order seven times as many of the product than I needed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Amazon dash button on 16:26 - Sep 10 with 874 viewsfooters

Amazon dash button on 16:24 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

I'd probably forget I'd pushed it and over the course of a day order seven times as many of the product than I needed.

So, isn't that the answer here? Just buy in bulk. Some of us have been stockpiling since Y2K. Then it was 2012, now it's bloody Brexit.

Amazon dash button on 16:30 - Sep 10 with 865 viewsSpruceMoose

Amazon dash button on 16:26 - Sep 10 by footers

So, isn't that the answer here? Just buy in bulk. Some of us have been stockpiling since Y2K. Then it was 2012, now it's bloody Brexit.

Is that how you ended up with 15,000 Durex in your lock up?

You're planning on having a fun apocalypse.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Amazon dash button on 16:32 - Sep 10 with 858 viewsfooters

Amazon dash button on 16:30 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

Is that how you ended up with 15,000 Durex in your lock up?

You're planning on having a fun apocalypse.

Us Catholics play a dangerous game, my friend ;)

And one day my luck's gonna run out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024