Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UEFA to introduce third European club competition 12:32 - Sep 11 with 1717 viewsJ2BLUE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45483586

Seriously, what is the point? Unless this comes with radical reform, which it won't because the top clubs will never accept being in the second tournament, then it's utterly pointless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 12:39 - Sep 11 with 1668 viewsFtnfwest

I know, lets call it the Cup Winners Cup
UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 13:12 - Sep 11 with 1597 viewsAce_High1

Fantastic, really hope its exclusive on Sky as well so I can see every game.
UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 13:16 - Sep 11 with 1587 viewsSpruceMoose

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 12:39 - Sep 11 by Ftnfwest

I know, lets call it the Cup Winners Cup

Or the Intertoto!

Let me guess... the Champions League is about to get a whole more exclusive, can't be having these small fry involved in it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 13:18]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 13:42 - Sep 11 with 1501 viewsBasuco

How about making the champions league just for champions, runners up go into the europa league and cup winners go into the new competition? That might work quite well.
UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 13:50 - Sep 11 with 1481 viewsJimmyJazz

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 13:16 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

Or the Intertoto!

Let me guess... the Champions League is about to get a whole more exclusive, can't be having these small fry involved in it.

It's halfway to being exclusive already and stuck in a middle ground position. Ideally it needs to be less exclusive, less teams from the top leagues would be a start - i.e. nearer to the 1 team per country setup.

But as it is there are too many pointless games, due to the small fry teams. So i think it does need to go either more or less exclusive than it currently is

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 14:21 - Sep 11 with 1451 viewsSomethingBlue

The point is entirely "let them eat cake" for the smaller clubs & countries and to make sure that those from England, Germany, Spain, Italy and France don't have to dirty their hands with them ever again.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 14:30 - Sep 11 with 1425 viewsJakeITFC

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 14:21 - Sep 11 by SomethingBlue

The point is entirely "let them eat cake" for the smaller clubs & countries and to make sure that those from England, Germany, Spain, Italy and France don't have to dirty their hands with them ever again.

Other than the awful closed shop nature of the top tier clubs that will come from this, a general restructure of what's going on below should be of benefit for the vast majority of those clubs competing, shouldn't it?

The Europa League in its current form is an absolute mess.
UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 14:33 - Sep 11 with 1415 viewsSomethingBlue

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 14:30 - Sep 11 by JakeITFC

Other than the awful closed shop nature of the top tier clubs that will come from this, a general restructure of what's going on below should be of benefit for the vast majority of those clubs competing, shouldn't it?

The Europa League in its current form is an absolute mess.

More games and perhaps more money (though there won't be much of a global audience), and perhaps for the ex-Yugoslavia and USSR clubs it will resurrect a few famous old fixtures. So there's that. But that's not why this has been done.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 14:49 - Sep 11 with 1379 viewsWeWereZombies

UEFA to introduce third European club competition on 13:16 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

Or the Intertoto!

And who can forget the glory days of the Anglo-Italian tournament? Even though Town were in it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024