Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... 20:11 - Sep 11 with 6590 viewsSitfcB

...celebrating our goal v Norwich been discussed yet?

Well that’s what I heard was happening anyway.

Pathetic.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:16 - Sep 11 with 5309 viewsPinewoodblue

Pathetic as in too lenient or, as in too severe?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:19 - Sep 11 with 5297 viewsgainsboroughblue

As much as it is pathetic and I disagree with it, it is simply what happens when you invade.

No allowance is made for the passion and being caught up in the emotion and the theatre of it all.

I'd have served half a decades worth of bans if pitch invasion punishments occured when I partook in them.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:23 - Sep 11 with 5271 viewsJ2BLUE

One of them looked like he just fell over in the chaos. Seems harsh.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:24 - Sep 11 with 5266 viewsSitfcB

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:16 - Sep 11 by Pinewoodblue

Pathetic as in too lenient or, as in too severe?

Too severe. Shouldn’t take any action.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:35 - Sep 11 with 5227 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:23 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

One of them looked like he just fell over in the chaos. Seems harsh.

I would imagine if there are mitigating circumstances such as falling over in amongst others deliberately going over the hoardings, it would be reasonable to appeal and get a favourable hearing.

As for the original bans, the whole point is that by punishing those who do it, it reduces the likelihood of it becoming so many that it does become an actual problem and a serious incident. I am sure there are some clubs that take a more lenient view on it. I also suspect they would generally be the same clubs that have a problem with more problematic pitch invasions.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:46 - Sep 11 with 5174 viewsPinewoodblue

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:35 - Sep 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would imagine if there are mitigating circumstances such as falling over in amongst others deliberately going over the hoardings, it would be reasonable to appeal and get a favourable hearing.

As for the original bans, the whole point is that by punishing those who do it, it reduces the likelihood of it becoming so many that it does become an actual problem and a serious incident. I am sure there are some clubs that take a more lenient view on it. I also suspect they would generally be the same clubs that have a problem with more problematic pitch invasions.

The club has been fair. The miscreants could easily have found themselves in front of Magistrates and face similar punishment to RKD or Lucan.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 21:13 - Sep 11 with 5100 viewsReuser_is_God

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:19 - Sep 11 by gainsboroughblue

As much as it is pathetic and I disagree with it, it is simply what happens when you invade.

No allowance is made for the passion and being caught up in the emotion and the theatre of it all.

I'd have served half a decades worth of bans if pitch invasion punishments occured when I partook in them.

The stupid thing is that the club plastered a video over all their social media applauding the celebrations which clearly showed those on the pitch then the next day they’re calling people up saying they’re banned.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 21:23 - Sep 11 with 5069 viewsThe_Major

So will there be any sanction against the Norwich fan who ran along the roof of the executive boxes when they scored?
Login to get fewer ads

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 21:33 - Sep 11 with 5021 viewsJohnny_Boy

Just the 3 games? They got off lightly.

Considering most clubs dish out harsher punishments.

No sympathy at all.
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 21:38 - Sep 11 with 4995 viewsJohnny_Boy

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 20:24 - Sep 11 by SitfcB

Too severe. Shouldn’t take any action.

Those fans were well aware of possible retributions by the club by invading the pitch. Like anyone that's done something foolish & got caught.

They should count themselves lucky it's just 3 games.
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 22:33 - Sep 11 with 4816 viewsBluefish

How do they know who they are?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 22:38 - Sep 11 with 4809 viewsstonojnr

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 21:23 - Sep 11 by The_Major

So will there be any sanction against the Norwich fan who ran along the roof of the executive boxes when they scored?

thats fans, there was more than one this time, considering Mr Portsmouth received a life ban from Portman Rd for doing the same thing way back, though you could argue he stayed a bit longer milking the applause for it.
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 22:51 - Sep 11 with 4772 viewsMelford

Lucan and RKD did literally the same thing as that at carrot road, probably didn't get that far to doing that as Lucan knackered his leg and got hauled up in court and got banned for years. So did why norfolk OB think one was a criminal case, Suffolk OB do nothing but the club gives them a 3 match ban. Nothing for the scum fan who ran all over the top of the boxes in the Cobbold when they scored.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 23:30 - Sep 11 with 4702 viewsMenton

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 22:38 - Sep 11 by stonojnr

thats fans, there was more than one this time, considering Mr Portsmouth received a life ban from Portman Rd for doing the same thing way back, though you could argue he stayed a bit longer milking the applause for it.

He was up there for ages that day though.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 23:40 - Sep 11 with 4683 viewsjjblue84

It’s not the 70s. Remember today, the players are gods and the fans are scum, and must not be encouraged to mix together unless there is controlled security in place!!
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 23:45 - Sep 11 with 4669 viewsMelford

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 23:30 - Sep 11 by Menton

He was up there for ages that day though.

Do you remember the Leicester Hare Krishnas running all over the top of those boxes?

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 05:51 - Sep 12 with 4452 viewsbrogansnose

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 21:23 - Sep 11 by The_Major

I don't suppose anything happened about them letting off a flare either.
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 06:27 - Sep 12 with 4423 viewsBenters2

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 22:33 - Sep 11 by Bluefish

Its not hard they can pick out individual fans in their seats,they did me at PR, took me down gave me a b0llocking for having a spat with a club official at Brighton.
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 07:36 - Sep 12 with 4273 viewsColin_Viljoen

The guy in the old striped Greene King away shirt must have been the easiest to spot.
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 07:51 - Sep 12 with 4240 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wondered at the time whether that would happen. Banned for celebrating with the players - absolutely pathetic if that’s the case. And people saying it’s justified .

Modern football really is sh*t at times.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 07:54 - Sep 12 with 4237 viewsmaccyd9

Another reason why modern football is rapidly losing it's appeal to me.

Sterile load of all bollox.
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 07:58 - Sep 12 with 4229 viewsartsbossbeard

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 22:33 - Sep 11 by Bluefish

If you do the stadium tour, you get to look around the security box area just above the players entrance.

Cameras everywhere and the ability to zoom in on seats and individuals. It's not all draconian though as we were told that a few years back one of the people in the room spotted a fan with a medical issue and were able to get steward/first aid to him v quick.

In terms of the ban, you know the rules as a fan (well most do). 3 matches seems v lenient considering Lucan's and RKD's 4 & 3yr term for exactly the same.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 08:29 - Sep 12 with 4172 viewsGarv

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 21:38 - Sep 11 by Johnny_Boy

Those fans were well aware of possible retributions by the club by invading the pitch. Like anyone that's done something foolish & got caught.

They should count themselves lucky it's just 3 games.

I didn't even know that sort of 'pitch invading' would result in a ban of any sort. I always assumed one was only likely to be reprimanded if you entered the field during live play.

Seems a bit over the top don't you think. Was it a health and safety issue or bringing the game into 'disrepute'?

As someone mentioned, it's funny that the club lauded the goal celebrations. Those cameras they've installed were a great idea to be fair.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 08:31 - Sep 12 with 4150 viewsBenters2

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 08:29 - Sep 12 by Garv

I didn't even know that sort of 'pitch invading' would result in a ban of any sort. I always assumed one was only likely to be reprimanded if you entered the field during live play.

Seems a bit over the top don't you think. Was it a health and safety issue or bringing the game into 'disrepute'?

As someone mentioned, it's funny that the club lauded the goal celebrations. Those cameras they've installed were a great idea to be fair.

Kick up the arse get pushed back into the crowd,jobs a good un.
Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 08:41 - Sep 12 with 4117 viewsBluebell

Has the three match ban for the people who ‘ran’ onto the ‘pitch’... on 07:51 - Sep 12 by Swansea_Blue

I wondered at the time whether that would happen. Banned for celebrating with the players - absolutely pathetic if that’s the case. And people saying it’s justified .

Modern football really is sh*t at times.

This!

Absolutely ridiculous. No-one was harmed and I am sure the players loved the passion of the fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024