Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) 10:53 - Sep 12 with 3847 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:00 - Sep 12 with 3840 viewsclive_baker

Bit early to asses that I would say, but we do need a result. I feel like the break came at a good time and hopefully it's allowed Dozzell and Huws to kick on their recoveries. We really need those 2 and Bishop fit to give us more midfield options.

Just decided I'm going to go. Sod it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:05 - Sep 12 with 3818 viewsbluewein

Funny way to spell "first 3 points of the season"...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:11 - Sep 12 with 3796 viewsitfcjoe

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:00 - Sep 12 by clive_baker

Bit early to asses that I would say, but we do need a result. I feel like the break came at a good time and hopefully it's allowed Dozzell and Huws to kick on their recoveries. We really need those 2 and Bishop fit to give us more midfield options.

Just decided I'm going to go. Sod it.

I'm heading up there too, really think we should win it but have more questions than answers at the moment following the Norwich game - hopefully the 2 weeks has given Hurst a chance to clear his head.

Hull (a)
Brentford (h)
Bolton (h)

We'll know a lot more about where we are come 5pm next Saturday

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:16 - Sep 12 with 3770 viewsCurrie10

2 sides for me that will be bottom 8 and struggle all season.
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:37 - Sep 12 with 3730 viewsclive_baker

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:11 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

I'm heading up there too, really think we should win it but have more questions than answers at the moment following the Norwich game - hopefully the 2 weeks has given Hurst a chance to clear his head.

Hull (a)
Brentford (h)
Bolton (h)

We'll know a lot more about where we are come 5pm next Saturday

Agree, these are 3 games that really could shape our season. A nice 6 point haul or more would be lovely. I wasn't at all impressed with the performance against Norwich tbh. Hurst has some big calls to make - Does Bart come back in for Gerken? Who are his preferred central defenders given how well Pennington played against Norwich? Does Chalobah come back in? I thought he looked bright off the bench. Nolan hasn't really got going yet. Graham looked miles off the pace. Rowe has impressed for the U23's. Is Walters fit? If so where does he fit in and who partners him?

I'm nervous that we're no nearer to knowing our starting XI than we were in pre season. Arguably we're further away.

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:39 - Sep 12 with 3713 viewsitfcjoe

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:37 - Sep 12 by clive_baker

Agree, these are 3 games that really could shape our season. A nice 6 point haul or more would be lovely. I wasn't at all impressed with the performance against Norwich tbh. Hurst has some big calls to make - Does Bart come back in for Gerken? Who are his preferred central defenders given how well Pennington played against Norwich? Does Chalobah come back in? I thought he looked bright off the bench. Nolan hasn't really got going yet. Graham looked miles off the pace. Rowe has impressed for the U23's. Is Walters fit? If so where does he fit in and who partners him?

I'm nervous that we're no nearer to knowing our starting XI than we were in pre season. Arguably we're further away.

I felt like we were getting there but 6 changes against Norwich totally threw that up in the air and now I haven't a clue.

I couldn't with any confidence predict more than the following players to start - Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen, Nolan and Edwards.

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:44 - Sep 12 with 3691 viewsSuperfrans

First win of the season.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:46 - Sep 12 with 3685 viewsSomethingBlue

Ha, not quite but this is one I expect us to win — and think we need to.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:47 - Sep 12 with 3685 viewsclive_baker

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:39 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

I felt like we were getting there but 6 changes against Norwich totally threw that up in the air and now I haven't a clue.

I couldn't with any confidence predict more than the following players to start - Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen, Nolan and Edwards.

I think he'll go with 4-5-1:

Bialkowski, Donacien, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen, Nolan, Skuse, Chalobah, Edwards, Walters, Harrison.

With Walters & Harrison switching between wide right / target man.

I wouldn't be adverse to this. It's anybody's guess though.

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:53 - Sep 12 with 3656 viewsitfcjoe

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:47 - Sep 12 by clive_baker

Bialkowski, Donacien, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen, Nolan, Skuse, Chalobah, Edwards, Walters, Harrison.

I'd guess

------------------Gerken---------------------
Donacien--Chambers--Pennington--Knudsen
----------------------Skuse--------------
Edwards-----------Nolan------------Graham
---------------------Walters--------------
---------------------Harrison---------------

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 12:37 - Sep 12 with 3531 viewsSuperfrans

I'd hope Donacien will come back in, but I also hope we persevere with Walters and Jackson, who looked to be building some decent understanding together vs Norwich.

I'll go with:

Gerken
Donacien Pennington Chambers Knudsen
Skuse Chalobah
Edwards Nolan Jackson
Walters

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 12:52 - Sep 12 with 3484 viewsBadgerBajner

Last season, next to bottom Brentford lost their 7th game of the season to Sheff Wed. This secured Sheff Wed a play off place and Brentford relegation.
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 13:03 - Sep 12 with 3448 viewsitfcjoe

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 12:52 - Sep 12 by BadgerBajner

Last season, next to bottom Brentford lost their 7th game of the season to Sheff Wed. This secured Sheff Wed a play off place and Brentford relegation.

Whilst I'm being tongue in cheek with it being a relegation 6 pointer, I dion't really understand why people keep looking at Brentford last year and expecting our form to turn round like theirs did.

What about all the other teams that have been in the bottom 3 at this time of year, I'd be more worried about that

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 13:11 - Sep 12 with 3421 viewsKeaneish

Edun will be in Skuse but other than that, agreed.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 15:31 - Sep 12 with 3256 viewsCurrie10

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 11:16 - Sep 12 by Currie10

2 sides for me that will be bottom 8 and struggle all season.

Down arrow me by all points Sergio and Pickles - however I assume you feel we will finish 16th or higher.

In that case, before your lazy and pointless down arrow, please name me 8 sides that will finish below us this season.

Thanks in advance.
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 15:32 - Sep 12 with 3254 viewsbluewein

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 15:31 - Sep 12 by Currie10

Down arrow me by all points Sergio and Pickles - however I assume you feel we will finish 16th or higher.

In that case, before your lazy and pointless down arrow, please name me 8 sides that will finish below us this season.

Thanks in advance.

Glad to see you're not taking this to heart...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 15:35 - Sep 12 with 3244 viewsCurrie10

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 15:32 - Sep 12 by bluewein

Glad to see you're not taking this to heart...

Welllll the arrow feature is an interesting one!

Many just lazily press a down arrow, yet don't bother justifying anything.

Not really sure the arrow system achieves anything.

I will see however if they can come up with a good point, or are just arrow people!
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 02:53 - Sep 13 with 3077 viewsharlingblue

Get your gist itfcjoe. It would be great to get our first win of the season away to Hull, our U23 team beat them 8-0...what does Paul Hurst need to say, beat them, or you will be all playing for, or be subs for our next U23 game.
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 05:24 - Sep 13 with 3050 viewsBenters2

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 15:31 - Sep 12 by Currie10

Thanks in advance.

Anything out of the bottom 3 must be seen as a ok season the way things are going so
far.
I very much doubt we will finish as high as 16th!
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 05:26 - Sep 13 with 3049 viewsBenters2

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 15:35 - Sep 12 by Currie10

Welllll the arrow feature is an interesting one!

Many just lazily press a down arrow, yet don't bother justifying anything.

Not really sure the arrow system achieves anything.

I will see however if they can come up with a good point, or are just arrow people!

There have a couple back.

Hugs sent 😀👍
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 08:16 - Sep 13 with 2939 viewsITFC_Forever

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 13:03 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

Whilst I'm being tongue in cheek with it being a relegation 6 pointer, I dion't really understand why people keep looking at Brentford last year and expecting our form to turn round like theirs did.

What about all the other teams that have been in the bottom 3 at this time of year, I'd be more worried about that

Bolton were rock-bottom this time last year and recovered enough to avoid relegation.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 16:33 - Sep 13 with 2815 viewsCurrie10

Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday then (n/t) on 08:16 - Sep 13 by ITFC_Forever

Bolton were rock-bottom this time last year and recovered enough to avoid relegation.

Well if we're basing us on Bolton last year I'm looking forward to this exciting dogfight, coming 21st and avoiding the drop by 2 points on the final day when 2-1 down on 80 minutes at H to Forest I think.

Somehow won 3-2 in the end, but I'd rather not be 10 minutes or so from relegation.

I happen to think Hull are realistic contenders to go down. They look a mess externally looking in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024