Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison 09:36 - Sep 13 with 2671 viewsSteve_M

Oh.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/13/pussy-riot-activist-in-hospital-af

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 09:38 - Sep 13 with 2659 viewsbluewein

Not a creditable source. Read what Russia Today says.

Or something like that...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 09:49 - Sep 13 with 2638 viewsSteve_M

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 09:38 - Sep 13 by bluewein

Not a creditable source. Read what Russia Today says.

Or something like that...

I'm waiting for the Russian TV interview with the Skripal suspects coming very soon. Will probably look nothing like them and be two people who've never been outside Russia.

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:00 - Sep 13 with 2615 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 09:49 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

I'm waiting for the Russian TV interview with the Skripal suspects coming very soon. Will probably look nothing like them and be two people who've never been outside Russia.

Those suspect just tested the drugs on a Pussy - to prove it wasn't them.
Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:08 - Sep 13 with 2602 viewsGlebeTractor

It all seems rather convenient doesn't it.

2018 cold war, incoming. War of words.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:30 - Sep 13 with 2568 viewsWeWereZombies

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:08 - Sep 13 by GlebeTractor

It all seems rather convenient doesn't it.

2018 cold war, incoming. War of words.

Convenient for Trump? Convenient for Putin? Convenient for May? Convenient for Macron? Convenient for arms dealers? There are always strong words of dissent and support around autocratic administrations, who provides them and how they get reported is more illuminating. The Pussy Riot approach is nothing if not thought provoking.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:41 - Sep 13 with 2545 viewsGlebeTractor

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:30 - Sep 13 by WeWereZombies

Convenient for Trump? Convenient for Putin? Convenient for May? Convenient for Macron? Convenient for arms dealers? There are always strong words of dissent and support around autocratic administrations, who provides them and how they get reported is more illuminating. The Pussy Riot approach is nothing if not thought provoking.

I just feel our government is trying to provoke something.

Retention in armed forces is at an all time low, they need to keep their funding up somehow.. ;)

I know it's a wild accusation on my part, but I can't help but feel, on all sides, there is a bit of playing around the truth.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:44 - Sep 13 with 2538 viewschicoazul

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:41 - Sep 13 by GlebeTractor

I just feel our government is trying to provoke something.

Retention in armed forces is at an all time low, they need to keep their funding up somehow.. ;)

I know it's a wild accusation on my part, but I can't help but feel, on all sides, there is a bit of playing around the truth.

UK Gov does indeed have a very strange belligerent attitude toward Russia, a basket case country with an economy smaller than Italy's who we do not share a border with and are not threatened by in any real way. That's not to say Russia aren't a despotism run by a gangster of course.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:52 - Sep 13 with 2512 viewsWeWereZombies

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:44 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

UK Gov does indeed have a very strange belligerent attitude toward Russia, a basket case country with an economy smaller than Italy's who we do not share a border with and are not threatened by in any real way. That's not to say Russia aren't a despotism run by a gangster of course.

Britain may not share a land border with Russia but their Navy and Air Force do seem to be fond of ranging far and wide.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:52 - Sep 13 with 2512 viewsgiant_stow

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:44 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

I wouldn't blame our govt for feeling a bit grumpy about Russia spraying poison around one of our market towns - bit of a liberty.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:56 - Sep 13 with 2490 viewschicoazul

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:52 - Sep 13 by WeWereZombies

Britain may not share a land border with Russia but their Navy and Air Force do seem to be fond of ranging far and wide.

We literally sailed up to China's islands just the other day so we are hardly innocent ourselves. Contrary to popular opinion Russia have not entered our airspace or waters.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:59 - Sep 13 with 2480 viewsgiant_stow

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:56 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

We literally sailed up to China's islands just the other day so we are hardly innocent ourselves. Contrary to popular opinion Russia have not entered our airspace or waters.

They're not China's islands according to the other countries around there. Edit: or the Hague, for that matter.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 11:00]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:59 - Sep 13 with 2475 viewschicoazul

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:52 - Sep 13 by giant_stow

I wouldn't blame our govt for feeling a bit grumpy about Russia spraying poison around one of our market towns - bit of a liberty.

That is of course a fair comment. Similarly one could say they can feel a bit grumpy about NATO moving into Macedonia. this doesnt excuse what they did btw, nor should we stand for it (although realistically there isnt much we can do about it outside of economic pain).
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 11:02]

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:01 - Sep 13 with 2472 viewsSwansea_Blue

Obviously this is all our fault as Putin is becoming a hero over here. We'll no doubt have masterminded a genius plot to enter Russian secure facilities and slipped some poison into his vodka.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 11:07]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:01 - Sep 13 with 2469 viewschicoazul

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:59 - Sep 13 by giant_stow

They're not China's islands according to the other countries around there. Edit: or the Hague, for that matter.

But the point remains that we can be as aggressive/provocative as the Russkies when we want to be.

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:01 - Sep 13 with 2468 viewsgiant_stow

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:59 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

That is of course a fair comment. Similarly one could say they can feel a bit grumpy about NATO moving into Macedonia. this doesnt excuse what they did btw, nor should we stand for it (although realistically there isnt much we can do about it outside of economic pain).

That's also fair (isn't this civilised?!)

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:03 - Sep 13 with 2462 viewsfooters

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:59 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

Or the dozens of NATO bases dotted around the Russian border!

Again, not excusing the Russians but this Cold War rhetoric is getting a bit out of hand. Still, keeps the UK military 'relevant' and puts some pounds in the pockets of BAE execs.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:04 - Sep 13 with 2458 viewsgiant_stow

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:01 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

But the point remains that we can be as aggressive/provocative as the Russkies when we want to be.

I think the west would view these 'freedom' cruises as defensive - the moment they stop, they've basically accepted Chinese ownership.

Having said that, I guess raw regional power talks and they will eventually be undisputed.

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:13 - Sep 13 with 2425 viewsSteve_M

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:56 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

No, this is China's massively expanded territorial claim which, to use a technical term, pisses all over the claims of any other country in the vicinity.

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:15 - Sep 13 with 2414 viewschicoazul

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:13 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

No, this is China's massively expanded territorial claim which, to use a technical term, pisses all over the claims of any other country in the vicinity.

As I said earlier that isnt the point. The point is that we can be as sabre-rattly as Russia when we feel like it.

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:17 - Sep 13 with 2407 viewsSteve_M

And since when do we define a country's sphere of influence by what their proxies occupied at the end of WWII. The idea that NATO expansion was an aggressive victimisation of Russia, rather than a response to the countries in question is Putin's revisionism becoming normalised.

Of course, it would be far more effective to stop Western banks laundering millions of dodgy Russian money and bring in a European Magnitsky Act. If anyone wants to know why Putin is so angry at the West, it's that.

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:23 - Sep 13 with 2391 viewsgiant_stow

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:15 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

As I said earlier that isnt the point. The point is that we can be as sabre-rattly as Russia when we feel like it.

Have you got any other examples of our aggression towards Russia or China? Genuine question...

I just don't like that one - backing weaker countries (or international norms and rules) in the face of a much larger aggressor isn't saber-rattling

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:39 - Sep 13 with 2359 viewschicoazul

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:23 - Sep 13 by giant_stow

Have you got any other examples of our aggression towards Russia or China? Genuine question...

I just don't like that one - backing weaker countries (or international norms and rules) in the face of a much larger aggressor isn't saber-rattling

China, no. Nobody plays with them really apart from the odd sail-by. Our aggressive posturing towards Russia is done at the NATO level.
EDIT; You may not like it, I may not like it. It is simply an example of being knowingly-provocative toward a foreign power along similar lines of Russia buzzing our air/water (without ever actually crossing into it)
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 11:42]

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:40 - Sep 13 with 2352 viewschicoazul

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:17 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

And since when do we define a country's sphere of influence by what their proxies occupied at the end of WWII. The idea that NATO expansion was an aggressive victimisation of Russia, rather than a response to the countries in question is Putin's revisionism becoming normalised.

Of course, it would be far more effective to stop Western banks laundering millions of dodgy Russian money and bring in a European Magnitsky Act. If anyone wants to know why Putin is so angry at the West, it's that.

I dont know about "normalised". I simply use it as an example of something they could get the hump about. Rightly or wrongly is a question for debate.

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:42 - Sep 13 with 2344 viewsconnorscontract

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 10:59 - Sep 13 by giant_stow

No-one cares what that twot thinks. He's not even Foreign Secretary any more.
Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 11:54 - Sep 13 with 2324 viewsSteve_M

Pussy Riot member seriously ill in Russian prison on 09:49 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

Ah, here we go:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024