Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. 14:25 - Sep 13 with 4059 viewsitfcjoe

...and in fairness goes into great detail on it - how on earth did Jordan Graham start against Norwich?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:28 - Sep 13 with 3424 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's exactly why people wonder why I don't just believe everything he says.

Good to also know that we haven't really spent a lot of time on set pieces, even though we've conceded that way.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:30 - Sep 13 with 3396 viewsSomethingBlue

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:28 - Sep 13 by FrimleyBlue

Good to also know that we haven't really spent a lot of time on set pieces, even though we've conceded that way.

Yeah nobody's talking about you though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:32 - Sep 13 with 3384 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

We lack so much quality right no. We could well be the fittest team in league, but technically we are so far away from competiting.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:35 - Sep 13 with 3351 viewsfooters

Watching that presser it really hit home how maniacal PH is about fitness. Wouldn't really consider signing anyone now as they haven't had his proper pre-season etc.

I know this is football and fitness is obviously key but is PH taking it too far in terms of who he'd be willing to select?

And yeah, Graham...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:46 - Sep 13 with 3274 viewsLankHenners

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:35 - Sep 13 by footers

Watching that presser it really hit home how maniacal PH is about fitness. Wouldn't really consider signing anyone now as they haven't had his proper pre-season etc.

I know this is football and fitness is obviously key but is PH taking it too far in terms of who he'd be willing to select?

And yeah, Graham...

There is a small part of me wondering if Hurst's 'fitness' is actually going to be what the divs thought Mick's 'proper blokes' was.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:48 - Sep 13 with 3244 viewsFrimleyBlue

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:46 - Sep 13 by LankHenners

There is a small part of me wondering if Hurst's 'fitness' is actually going to be what the divs thought Mick's 'proper blokes' was.

Keanes ' Big Arms'

Waka waka eh eh

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:52 - Sep 13 with 3210 viewspointofblue

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:32 - Sep 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

We lack so much quality right no. We could well be the fittest team in league, but technically we are so far away from competiting.

Personally I think this is the answer to the Graham question - we’re so lacking in quality on the ball, especially when Edwards is marked out of the game, that Hurst was hoping Graham would give an extra dimension. It does say a lot about his opinion of Roberts but free transfers can be gambles.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:00 - Sep 13 with 3152 viewsITFCBlues

Because the other options in the squad are that poor he felt that a half fit Graham was the better option.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:01 - Sep 13 with 3137 viewsitfcjoe

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:52 - Sep 13 by pointofblue

Personally I think this is the answer to the Graham question - we’re so lacking in quality on the ball, especially when Edwards is marked out of the game, that Hurst was hoping Graham would give an extra dimension. It does say a lot about his opinion of Roberts but free transfers can be gambles.

Doesn't bode well for Sears and Ward either

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:01 - Sep 13 with 3135 viewsclive_baker

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:52 - Sep 13 by pointofblue

He hadn't seen Graham before he put him in for that Norwich match, so he was clearly unaware how unfit he was. It was a big gamble really and one that didn't pay off. It's easy in hindsight but you do wonder what impact someone like Ward might've had out there instead.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:03 - Sep 13 with 3113 viewsfooters

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:01 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

Has Ward played at all under PH? Can't seem to recall if he has...

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:04 - Sep 13 with 3107 viewsReuser_is_God

I think he started purely on the basis that he was a new signing making his debut in a derby game & hoped it would lift him to do something special, which he is capable of.

It won’t be the first time a manager has spoken about something for one player & then down the complete opposite for another & it won’t be the last.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:05 - Sep 13 with 3090 viewsFrimleyBlue

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:01 - Sep 13 by clive_baker

He hadn't seen Graham before he put him in for that Norwich match, so he was clearly unaware how unfit he was. It was a big gamble really and one that didn't pay off. It's easy in hindsight but you do wonder what impact someone like Ward might've had out there instead.

He hadn't seen him??

Waka waka eh eh

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:07 - Sep 13 with 3072 viewsitfcjoe

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:03 - Sep 13 by footers

Has Ward played at all under PH? Can't seem to recall if he has...

A little bit - Rotherham and Derby off the top of my head, possibly Exeter too.

Think he has verything required to be a success under Hurst apart from what is between the ears.....which tends to be quite important!

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:11 - Sep 13 with 3043 viewspointofblue

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:01 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

My sympathy is somewhat lacking when it comes to Sears and Ward - both have been given ample opportunities and neither have really fulfilled requirements. Admittedly Sears isn’t really a winger.

Ward is right-sided (and Edwards left-sided according to Peterborough fans) so possibly playing him instead of Graham would have made sense but I think Hurst has lost patience with him already; he started against Rotherham, Exeter and Derby but didn’t do much in any of the games.

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:14 - Sep 13 with 3020 viewsfooters

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:07 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

Think he has verything required to be a success under Hurst apart from what is between the ears.....which tends to be quite important!

Cheers.

Maybe pointofblue's last sentence explains why I didn't notice him playing those games!

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:31 - Sep 13 with 2913 viewsElderGrizzly

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 14:28 - Sep 13 by FrimleyBlue

Sssssh Micknose....
When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:32 - Sep 13 with 2898 viewsGeoffSentence

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:07 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

Came on for the last few minutes against the nodgers too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:41 - Sep 13 with 2851 viewstextbackup

but graham was actually crap on the ball too. poor fitness poor touch

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:46 - Sep 13 with 2826 viewspointofblue

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:41 - Sep 13 by textbackup

but graham was actually crap on the ball too. poor fitness poor touch

I guess Hurst decided he'd prefer to give Graham time to get up to match fitness on the pitch than Ward (who has had chances and failed to take them), Sears (who has proved time and time again that he isn't up to playing as a winger), Roberts (who was a free transfer gamble who seemingly hasn't worked out) and Rowe (apparently not fit).

He must have known Graham wouldn't hit the ground running but hoped he'd show a spark of quality he has shown before to score or provide an assist. It didn't quite work out like that.

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:48 - Sep 13 with 2809 viewsFrimleyBlue

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:46 - Sep 13 by pointofblue

I guess Hurst decided he'd prefer to give Graham time to get up to match fitness on the pitch than Ward (who has had chances and failed to take them), Sears (who has proved time and time again that he isn't up to playing as a winger), Roberts (who was a free transfer gamble who seemingly hasn't worked out) and Rowe (apparently not fit).

He must have known Graham wouldn't hit the ground running but hoped he'd show a spark of quality he has shown before to score or provide an assist. It didn't quite work out like that.

So it's ok that it 'just didn't work out that way'?

Roberts, Hurst had been scouting for a couple of years, so it's a very bad 'gamble' on his part.

Rowe and Ward are realistically the 2 to fight it out at the moment, or stick Edun on the left. No need for Graham to be involved until he reaches the Hurst Fitness level requirement imo

Waka waka eh eh

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 16:08 - Sep 13 with 2742 viewsblueislander

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:11 - Sep 13 by pointofblue

My sympathy is somewhat lacking when it comes to Sears and Ward - both have been given ample opportunities and neither have really fulfilled requirements. Admittedly Sears isn’t really a winger.

Ward is right-sided (and Edwards left-sided according to Peterborough fans) so possibly playing him instead of Graham would have made sense but I think Hurst has lost patience with him already; he started against Rotherham, Exeter and Derby but didn’t do much in any of the games.

Edwards left sided? You are joking. He plays on the right , and invariably takes people on on the outside.
When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 16:10 - Sep 13 with 2734 viewsITFCBlues

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 16:08 - Sep 13 by blueislander

Edwards left sided? You are joking. He plays on the right , and invariably takes people on on the outside.

He played for Posh as a left sided winger...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 16:10 - Sep 13 with 2733 viewspointofblue

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 15:48 - Sep 13 by FrimleyBlue

So it's ok that it 'just didn't work out that way'?

Roberts, Hurst had been scouting for a couple of years, so it's a very bad 'gamble' on his part.

Rowe and Ward are realistically the 2 to fight it out at the moment, or stick Edun on the left. No need for Graham to be involved until he reaches the Hurst Fitness level requirement imo

It would have been better if it had worked but what do you propose should happen as it didn't? I can see what he was trying to do; possibly Hurst himself sat there as the match unfolded thinking "I've made a mistake here" but he obviously thought Graham was up for the rigours of a Championship match or would show enough to be a component of our attacking play.

Rowe is coming back from injury whilst a fully fit Ward hasn't done anything more than a semi-fit Graham and he's had three starts and a substitutes appearance under Hurst to prove himself. Edun is far more defensive than Graham and Hurst obviously wanted an attacking outlet on that side to balance Edwards on the right.

I have to admit I don't get the point of signing Roberts at this stage, even on a free.

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 16:15 - Sep 13 with 2722 viewsblueislander

When Hurst talks about importance of fitness and being up to speed.. on 16:10 - Sep 13 by ITFCBlues

He played for Posh as a left sided winger...

That really does surprise me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024