Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium 22:28 - Sep 13 with 28869 viewsJ2BLUE

First of all...I know, I know...I too am a sceptic.

My mum went to an event this evening where he appeared. She just phoned me and told me everything he told her. Apparently there were roughly 150 people there and he picked about 8 out, of which she was one. The information he gave her was very specific. None of this 'has anyone lost a John?' stuff. It's going to take more than one incident to change my mind on things like this but the information was about things he simply couldn't have known.

Does anyone have any experience of seeing him or able to explain any tricks etc? Apparently he was talking to people and naming their deceased relatives. Where they died etc.

Any info/opinions/outright piss taking is welcome.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:31 - Sep 13 with 7958 viewsStokieBlue

It's all lead by the person being read, loads of info available about how is done.

I'll maybe dig some out tomorrow, Moonraker is on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:35 - Sep 13 with 7935 viewsRadlett_blue

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:31 - Sep 13 by StokieBlue

It's all lead by the person being read, loads of info available about how is done.

SB

Exactly. No-one has been able to demonstrate "psychic powers" under controlled conditions & IMO these so called "psychics" or "mediums" are clever fraudsters who prey on the vulnerable and the unwary.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:35 - Sep 13 with 7934 viewsSarge

I too am a sceptic but I know the guy and lots of people have said things very similar to you/your mum which makes me soften my view.
Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:37 - Sep 13 with 7936 viewsJ2BLUE

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:31 - Sep 13 by StokieBlue

SB

I thought the same but he mentioned a box, the style of the box, what was in the box, how many times a specific person (who wasn't in attendance) had got this box out and looked through it recently etc etc.

This was all related to my mum's dad. He also mentioned her mother in law and was quite specific with the information.

Truly impaired.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:39 - Sep 13 with 7909 viewsBrixtonBlue

Derren Brown did a whole show just like these mediums do, which was apparently very convincing (including stuff "he simply couldn't have known"), but he showed how everything was a trick.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:40 - Sep 13 with 7889 viewsJakeITFC

Confidence tricksters playing with peoples emotions.

I actually think it’s quite disturbing that they are allowed to perform.
Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:40 - Sep 13 with 7888 viewsStokieBlue

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:37 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

I thought the same but he mentioned a box, the style of the box, what was in the box, how many times a specific person (who wasn't in attendance) had got this box out and looked through it recently etc etc.

This was all related to my mum's dad. He also mentioned her mother in law and was quite specific with the information.

I'll find some stuff tomorrow.

Think about what you are saying though. The only other option was that he was communicating with your grandad. To take that leap means you would need to believe in the afterlife, communication with the afterlife and eternal life.

I think when you consider that you'll conclude a trick is the more likely answer.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:40 - Sep 13 with 7885 viewsjeera

I hate these people.

They extract all sorts of info in all sorts of ways. They're good at what they do, that's why they're there.

Their clientele are susceptible, which is why they are there.

Grr.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:41 - Sep 13 with 7879 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evening J2

I find the whole psychic thing abit uncomfortable if I’m honest. It feels to me like they are praying on vulnerable people who desperately want to take any shred of comfort of hearing info about a deceased relative. I feel abit uneasy at the idea of someone pretending to know all this information for effect for their trick.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:43 - Sep 13 with 7860 viewsJakeITFC

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:41 - Sep 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Evening J2

I find the whole psychic thing abit uncomfortable if I’m honest. It feels to me like they are praying on vulnerable people who desperately want to take any shred of comfort of hearing info about a deceased relative. I feel abit uneasy at the idea of someone pretending to know all this information for effect for their trick.

He’s brought Rommy back from the dead!
Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:45 - Sep 13 with 7847 viewsjeera

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:43 - Sep 13 by JakeITFC

He’s brought Rommy back from the dead!

You didn't see it coming?

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:45 - Sep 13 with 7841 viewsjaykay

Evening J2

nice to see you about again young rommers

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:45 - Sep 13 with 7844 viewsJ2BLUE

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:40 - Sep 13 by StokieBlue

I'll find some stuff tomorrow.

Think about what you are saying though. The only other option was that he was communicating with your grandad. To take that leap means you would need to believe in the afterlife, communication with the afterlife and eternal life.

I think when you consider that you'll conclude a trick is the more likely answer.

SB

Oh I completely agree. It's far easier for me to believe it's a trick but I need someone to explain how he knew there was a specific item or a specific colour in a specific coloured box with a specific design.

Truly impaired.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:46 - Sep 13 with 7833 viewsJ2BLUE

Evening J2

Rommers?!?! Can it really be?!?!

Truly impaired.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:47 - Sep 13 with 7824 viewsHerbivore

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:45 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

Oh I completely agree. It's far easier for me to believe it's a trick but I need someone to explain how he knew there was a specific item or a specific colour in a specific coloured box with a specific design.

He didn't.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:47 - Sep 13 with 7831 viewsjeera

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:37 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

"I thought the same but he mentioned a box, the style of the box, what was in the box, how many times a specific person (who wasn't in attendance) had got this box out and looked through it recently etc etc. "

Now that is spooky.

Stokie is watching Moonraker on a box.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:47 - Sep 13 with 7833 viewsxrayspecs

Not sure if helpful.

Hypnotists "scan the room" to identify those who are more likely to be responsive to their suggestions. Not literally, but in terms of filtering those they bring on stage.

Charlatans, the lot of them.

Sorry, I have a very low threshold with what I would describe as professional fraudsters.
Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:49 - Sep 13 with 7815 viewsJ2BLUE

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:47 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

He didn't.

It would have been a hell of a guess.

Truly impaired.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:51 - Sep 13 with 7798 viewsjeera

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:47 - Sep 13 by xrayspecs

Not sure if helpful.

Hypnotists "scan the room" to identify those who are more likely to be responsive to their suggestions. Not literally, but in terms of filtering those they bring on stage.

Charlatans, the lot of them.

Sorry, I have a very low threshold with what I would describe as professional fraudsters.

I can tell you have a threshold in your home don't you? A low one.

You have rooms too. Literally.

You like to be helpful in your life. It makes you fulfilled. You like coffee; filtered.

You are either a professional or you know a professional.

I need a wee. Brb.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:55 - Sep 13 with 7784 viewsJakeITFC

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:49 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

It’s an impressive feat of showmanship and confidence, for sure.

He knew nothing before your mother unwillingly gave him the clues to formulate his tale, and he knows nothing now.
Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:56 - Sep 13 with 7763 viewsHerbivore

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:49 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

It's not guessing, it's reading people.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 23:00 - Sep 13 with 7751 viewsJ2BLUE

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 22:56 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

It's not guessing, it's reading people.

Describing the style of a box and being very specific about what's in it is reading people? I'm not convinced. Sadly I wasn't there to watch how this all unfolded so I can't be sure. I'm watching him on Youtube and again it's hard to know how the footage has been edited. He's being specific but obviously I don't know if he's asking probing questions which have been cut out.

Truly impaired.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 23:08 - Sep 13 with 7728 viewsjeera

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 23:00 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

Describing the style of a box and being very specific about what's in it is reading people? I'm not convinced. Sadly I wasn't there to watch how this all unfolded so I can't be sure. I'm watching him on Youtube and again it's hard to know how the footage has been edited. He's being specific but obviously I don't know if he's asking probing questions which have been cut out.

First of all, 'knowing' you a bit, I don't doubt for a moment that your mum is anything but a lovely lady.

Our galaxy is some 100,000 light years across.
A quick Googly says the universe could be something like 46 billion light years [in radius?].

There is no such thing as a god/gods.

There is no such thing as ghosts or any other thing that may give us some hope we're going to live beyond what we are; living organisms kicking around for a few years, with a will to survive. That's it. We fill the time with eating, drinking, doing whatever it is we do; watching TV, football, insulting each other... and ultimately trying to put off the inevitable.

The guy is a fraud and deserves a good hiding, frankly. Unless he isn't well and believes it himself of course. Then he needs help.

And a job.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 23:08]

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 23:10 - Sep 13 with 7711 viewsHerbivore

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 23:00 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

There's lots of techniques they use, he's not genuinely psychic though. There's no such thing.

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 23:16 - Sep 13 with 7691 viewsJ2BLUE

Ryan Gooding - Psychic Medium on 23:10 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

There's lots of techniques they use, he's not genuinely psychic though. There's no such thing.

I'm not looking for people saying it's fake. I'm looking for how it's done. I'm now watching the Derren Brown thing. By the looks of the preview he makes some even bolder claims which turn out to be true.

It's odd, the thought of an afterlife has always scared me to be honest. Now though, I can see how this will go and i'm a bit disappointed. I have to be honest and admit I won't be telling my mum if this programmes goes the way I now expect and explains it.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024