Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team News 14:01 - Sep 15 with 4364 viewsLankHenners

[Post edited 15 Sep 2018 14:03]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Team News on 14:02 - Sep 15 with 3503 viewspointofblue

Downes for Jackson with, presumably, a switch back to 4-3-3? Yet again Donacien excluded from the squad.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team News on 14:03 - Sep 15 with 3495 viewschristiand

Looks 4-2-3-1 then

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Team News on 14:03 - Sep 15 with 3468 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't know the characters of the players but dropping Harrison and Jackson completely isn't a good move on paper IMO. Same with dropping Donacien altogether. He's going to be our player, UNLESS it's a move designed to hurry the process up for him to finally get clearance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Team News on 14:05 - Sep 15 with 3384 viewsLankHenners

Team News on 14:03 - Sep 15 by J2BLUE

I don't know the characters of the players but dropping Harrison and Jackson completely isn't a good move on paper IMO. Same with dropping Donacien altogether. He's going to be our player, UNLESS it's a move designed to hurry the process up for him to finally get clearance.

Unless there's an injury it's unlikely that both Chalobah and Edun come off the bench so seems a waste to not have Donacien playing as he'd been steadily improving and didn't really deserve getting dropped in the first place.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Team News on 14:05 - Sep 15 with 3370 viewsDublinBlue84

Lets hope no defender gets injured, with the lack of defenders on the bench, all of which could have been avoided if Graham wasn't in there, which he shouldn't be.

Laughable that Hurst moans about people who are not match fit but continues to play the most match unfit player I've seen play for us in recent times.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2018 14:06]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Team News on 14:07 - Sep 15 with 3307 viewsAce_High1

Only following from afar but that 11 reads like a league 1 lineup - such a lack of quality. First time I have really noticed this in last few years.

Would prefer to see much less loans and more of our own players to be honest.

Hope they prove me wrong and get a win.
Team News on 14:09 - Sep 15 with 3242 viewsSuffolktractor

Team News on 14:05 - Sep 15 by DublinBlue84

Lets hope no defender gets injured, with the lack of defenders on the bench, all of which could have been avoided if Graham wasn't in there, which he shouldn't be.

Laughable that Hurst moans about people who are not match fit but continues to play the most match unfit player I've seen play for us in recent times.

Fair point. Not happy about Graham diving to get a penalty in the last game either. Would rather have Jackson or Harrison in his place, then get Donacien back in as right back.
Team News on 14:11 - Sep 15 with 3180 viewspointofblue

Team News on 14:05 - Sep 15 by DublinBlue84

A fully fit Graham would be an excellent addition on paper but is he there yet? Has the international break helped him? We'll see today I guess.

Login to get fewer ads

Team News on 14:12 - Sep 15 with 3146 viewspointofblue

Team News on 14:07 - Sep 15 by Ace_High1

Only following from afar but that 11 reads like a league 1 lineup - such a lack of quality. First time I have really noticed this in last few years.

Only two of our first XI played at League One level last year - Nolan and Edwards. Everyone else was at Championship level or higher.

Team News on 14:17 - Sep 15 with 3057 viewsCurrie10

Graham starts / Donacien not in the squad.

Brave Hurst.

If we don't win, questions will need to be asked re this decision.
Team News on 14:17 - Sep 15 with 3035 viewsTrumptonBlue

I don't disagree with you about loans, and it doesn't in any way invalidate your point, but it did make me chuckle that your avatar is a loan player.
Team News on 14:18 - Sep 15 with 3011 viewsstrikalite

Hate the way the line-up is presented this season, rubbish, can't see the bloody names without squinting either ..
Team News on 14:19 - Sep 15 with 2985 viewsSomethingBlue

I love Walters but starting with a player who turns 35 next week as the lone striker suggests a slightly concerning deviation from the high-pressing approach Hurst hoped to bring in.

Also Donacien's individual situation is obviously not our fault or his but the knock-on effect is totally avoidable. We do tend to find ourselves in these muddled situations.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Team News on 14:21 - Sep 15 with 2941 viewsTractorWood

Agree, a league one team.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Team News on 14:22 - Sep 15 with 2908 viewsTrumptonBlue

Team News on 14:21 - Sep 15 by TractorWood

Agree, a league one team.

It's got three players contracted to Premier League clubs in it.
Team News on 14:23 - Sep 15 with 2866 viewspointofblue

Team News on 14:22 - Sep 15 by TrumptonBlue

And only two players who played at League One levels last season in the starting line up.

Team News on 14:24 - Sep 15 with 2835 viewsunstableblue

Team News on 14:12 - Sep 15 by pointofblue

Only two of our first XI played at League One level last year - Nolan and Edwards. Everyone else was at Championship level or higher.

And both Edwards and Nolan are certainly Championship quality.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Team News on 14:25 - Sep 15 with 2800 viewsElderGrizzly

Disagree.

Good but difficult management decision from Hurst. Keeps them out of firing line and uses experience of Walters until we get a win?

Probably Hurst admitting too many inexperienced changes too soon as well.
Team News on 14:25 - Sep 15 with 2795 viewsTractorWood

Team News on 14:22 - Sep 15 by TrumptonBlue

Correct but if they were up to the Premier league, they'd be playing in the Premier league.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Team News on 14:29 - Sep 15 with 2700 viewspointofblue

Team News on 14:25 - Sep 15 by TractorWood

Correct but if they were up to the Premier league, they'd be playing in the Premier league.

I fear being whooshed here but surely that counts for every Championship side???

Team News on 14:29 - Sep 15 with 2698 viewsOsborneOneNil

Nice moan. Well done by also adding the 'but I hope they prove me wrong and get a win', in case they do.

Win win eh
Team News on 14:31 - Sep 15 with 2654 viewshomer_123

Team News on 14:19 - Sep 15 by SomethingBlue

I love Walters but starting with a player who turns 35 next week as the lone striker suggests a slightly concerning deviation from the high-pressing approach Hurst hoped to bring in.

Also Donacien's individual situation is obviously not our fault or his but the knock-on effect is totally avoidable. We do tend to find ourselves in these muddled situations.

Depends, purely, on how we play the ball upto Walters.

As a lone striker he should only be working the space that is the width of the box. He should not be going wide or working the channels.

If we play balls to him in that space he should be working, even at 35, he will be OK for 60 to 70 mins (assuming his knee holds up). The wide areas needs to be worked by our wide players supporting Walters.

However, on the evidence of the last match, we played a very high percentage of long balls out wide, so we need to change this for Walters up top to work.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Team News on 14:32 - Sep 15 with 2636 viewshomer_123

Team News on 14:02 - Sep 15 by pointofblue

Downes for Jackson with, presumably, a switch back to 4-3-3? Yet again Donacien excluded from the squad.

Downes in a 5 makes sense though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Team News on 14:39 - Sep 15 with 2550 viewssparks

Team News on 14:25 - Sep 15 by ElderGrizzly

Disagree.

Good but difficult management decision from Hurst. Keeps them out of firing line and uses experience of Walters until we get a win?

Probably Hurst admitting too many inexperienced changes too soon as well.

How are they going to get up to speed if, at the first sign of pressure, they are dropped?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Team News on 14:39 - Sep 15 with 2554 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm starting to think he draws names out of a hat. Rowe not Graham for starters. Still several games away from being close to knowing his best eleven regardless of today's result.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024