Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we have a mentality issue? 17:31 - Sep 15 with 874 viewsJ2BLUE

There are endless examples of teams needing a result in the last few years and we happily give it to them. Four that come to mind straight away:

Forest away - they need a result to stay up. We roll over without a fight and they get a comfortable 3-0 win

Rotherham away - they are predicted to struggle. Their early games will set the tone for their season. We give them three points and a clean sheet.

Derby away - Lampard had a mixed start, early results set the mood again. We give them three points and a clean sheet.

Hull away - Lost 6/6 of their last home games, conceded a goal for 12 games straight. We give them three points and a clean sheet.

We are everyone's dream opponent when they are struggling. It's getting really tedious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do we have a mentality issue? on 17:32 - Sep 15 with 862 viewsCurrie10

We've won 2 in 19.

I'd say we've got bucket tonnes of issues, but that's just me.

Just want this monkey off our back now it's getting silly then we can see whether this squad Hurst's assembled is capable/ or not.
Do we have a mentality issue? on 17:34 - Sep 15 with 840 viewsBenters2

No i just think we are crap.
Do we have a mentality issue? on 17:36 - Sep 15 with 819 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

no, we have a quality issue. Goals win games and we don't look like scoring and the two strikers bought are not in the same class as McGoaldrick and Waggy.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Do we have a mentality issue? on 17:37 - Sep 15 with 811 viewsLankHenners

We've struggled with real leaders on the pitch for a while. The best we've had it in that regard in recent years is when Chambers, Berra and Murphy were all starters and the Hunt brothers added that on-pitch motivation and leadership when they played.

Now it's pretty much just Chambers. Skuse is a very calming figure and clearly highly respected by his teammates but isn't the same sort of voice. We don't seem to really have enough about us on the pitch mentality-wise to pull us out of situations when we go behind or get a collective belief going that we're capable of beating the opposition.

A lot of these players are stepping up to this division for the first time and need guidance around them on the pitch. In short spells we've looked like we've got some good footballers but can't seem to keep up any decent level of performance for more than a 15 minute spell

Agree as far as the rest of the league is concerned we're currently the most winnable fixture.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Do we have a mentality issue? on 17:40 - Sep 15 with 786 viewsHARRY10

Be grateful it is only something issued to us - so maybe it's not our fault

It's when it becomes a problem.......

................. that we have

...... a problem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024