Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of creativity and chances 19:43 - Sep 15 with 1538 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Seriously though... we missed a creative influence today. The void left by Waggy certainly isn’t being filled by Nolan.

The lack of creativity has to be a concern. Genuinely at no stage today did we have a decent chance.

I’m seriously underwhelmed by Nolan. He looked very very poor if I’m honest.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lack of creativity and chances on 19:52 - Sep 15 with 1509 viewsITFC1977

Your comparing a 6m player and a 1m player and expecting them to perform the same.

If you write Nolan off so early it’s the same rangers did to waghorn.

Finding diamonds in the dirt isn’t easy, it takes time.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:26 - Sep 15 with 1442 viewspistonbroke

Lack of creativity and chances on 19:52 - Sep 15 by ITFC1977

Your comparing a 6m player and a 1m player and expecting them to perform the same.

If you write Nolan off so early it’s the same rangers did to waghorn.

Finding diamonds in the dirt isn’t easy, it takes time.

Lack of creativity and chances on 20:35 - Sep 15 with 1406 viewspistonbroke

Nolan is poor and should be dropped , but he won't be , he is hursts baby
Lack of creativity and chances on 21:16 - Sep 15 with 1359 viewsgmanrom

Lets flip that and say you expect a 1m Nolan to be up to the standard of a 300k Waghorn do you?

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Lack of creativity and chances on 21:21 - Sep 15 with 1340 viewsMullet

Good to see you today young man. There was little else good about today though was there?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lack of creativity and chances on 21:28 - Sep 15 with 1314 viewschristiand

Problem is Rommers this appears a general rule of thumb with all our games so far this season, which is depressing. But apparently nothing to worry about say some on here...Completely delusional!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Lack of creativity and chances on 21:44 - Sep 15 with 1270 viewsBonchosBicycle

I think we had enough chances to win it, we're just not taking them. We always either want to take one step too many, or just fire it into the stands.
I actually think the best taken goal of ours this year was Chalobah's against Villa which doesn't speak well of our strikers.
I expected a probable tough start to the season and got it. What worries me the most is I expected us to look better each week. The first half hour today was the worst I've seen us. We seemed to revert to the long ball which so many of us had wanted to see less of. It was only when we remembered we could actually pass that we started making Hull look as ordinary as they were. Positives? We looked a little better with set pieces at both ends. Whatever you think about Bart being dropped, Gerken had a good game. Pennington continues to impress me, I wish he wasn't just a loan. But overall we were poor today. I still think there's a solid mid-table team here at worst but heads are down and that's obviously not helping. We need a win.
Lack of creativity and chances on 23:31 - Sep 15 with 1203 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lack of creativity and chances on 21:21 - Sep 15 by Mullet

Good to see you today young man. There was little else good about today though was there?

Yes was good to see your good self too.

My Indian was a positive. I’ve had a nice few ciders today. I’m home before midnight.

Other than that, I’m out of positives.

Very very poor on the pitch today

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Lack of creativity and chances on 23:41 - Sep 15 with 1175 viewsAnewHop

Lack of creativity and chances on 21:44 - Sep 15 by BonchosBicycle

I think we had enough chances to win it, we're just not taking them. We always either want to take one step too many, or just fire it into the stands.
I actually think the best taken goal of ours this year was Chalobah's against Villa which doesn't speak well of our strikers.
I expected a probable tough start to the season and got it. What worries me the most is I expected us to look better each week. The first half hour today was the worst I've seen us. We seemed to revert to the long ball which so many of us had wanted to see less of. It was only when we remembered we could actually pass that we started making Hull look as ordinary as they were. Positives? We looked a little better with set pieces at both ends. Whatever you think about Bart being dropped, Gerken had a good game. Pennington continues to impress me, I wish he wasn't just a loan. But overall we were poor today. I still think there's a solid mid-table team here at worst but heads are down and that's obviously not helping. We need a win.

Half chances at best, nothing clear cut and very little that was the result of a cohesive move. Much of this season we’ve seemed a final ball or bit of luck away from creating some decent chances. Today, we were pretty hopeless as an attacking force and seemingly boycotted midfield apart from two very decent, yet all too brief spells, either side of half time. Today felt like a big step in the wrong direction.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024