Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back from the game 20:20 - Sep 15 with 5331 viewsclive_baker

Seriously unimpressed with that. Absolute crap.

I have to say I’m really not happy with Hurst thus far. He’s really ballsed up what was a good opportunity here by overseeing so much unnecessary charge. Our squad is significantly weaker than the one he inherited. What’s annoyed me is his desire to ‘make his mark’ and make the team his own. He’s made no secret of this in press conferences, but I don’t think we needed so much change, just a few tweaks here and there. The likes of Bart, Nydam, Dozzell have been the victim of it as much as anyone. PH has been far too desperate to make it his team and install change for the sake of change.

We look terrible and completely toothless going forward. Happy to give him time as I know how hard a role it is but really I’m so unimpressed and disappointed thus far. I made no secret of it on here 6 months back but I wanted Burley. I know George personally and know what he wanted to do with the squad and boy am I more aligned with that that what we’ve seen. Today was absolute crap and so was the Norwich match. The worrying thing is it’s not through a lack of effort or fight, I genuinely think we’re desperately short of quality and that’s what makes me nervous. It’s going to be a long season I fear.

Spence, Sears, Harrison, Rowe, Downes. Not good enough at this level I’m sorry. Absolutely livid.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Back from the game on 20:26 - Sep 15 with 5234 viewsjas0999

Edun, Chalobah, Graham - no better than our own players or youngsters. Donacien also has impressed (although now not playing). Nolan is the biggest worry.
Back from the game on 20:37 - Sep 15 with 5142 viewsSuperblue95

Harsh on Downes I'd have said (although I didn't see the match today). I also don't agree with the viewpoint that the changes made this summer were unnecessary.

However, if I'd been today I'd probably be livid too so I don't blame you for the rant

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Back from the game on 20:59 - Sep 15 with 5027 viewsStourbridgeblue

Back from the game on 20:26 - Sep 15 by jas0999

Edun, Chalobah, Graham - no better than our own players or youngsters. Donacien also has impressed (although now not playing). Nolan is the biggest worry.

Nolan is very frustrating. He's a talented player but seems a bit lightweight. Too easy to knock him off the ball. He makes good late runs into dangerous areas but his finishing is a danger to pigeons and low flying aircraft.

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

on 21:11 - Sep 15 with 4911 views_

Back from the game on 20:59 - Sep 15 by Stourbridgeblue

Nolan is very frustrating. He's a talented player but seems a bit lightweight. Too easy to knock him off the ball. He makes good late runs into dangerous areas but his finishing is a danger to pigeons and low flying aircraft.

Back from the game on 21:35 - Sep 15 with 4810 viewsITFCBlues

Back from the game on 20:37 - Sep 15 by Superblue95

Harsh on Downes I'd have said (although I didn't see the match today). I also don't agree with the viewpoint that the changes made this summer were unnecessary.

However, if I'd been today I'd probably be livid too so I don't blame you for the rant

Why is it harsh on Downes but not Nolan or anyone else? Because he’s one of our youngsters that we want to believe is good?

He was awful today. His error at the start of the game set the tone for what was to follow and ripped the game plan up.

This is why we have Chalobah and Edun - they’re both better players than Downes I’m afraid.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Back from the game on 21:54 - Sep 15 with 4715 viewsGarv

Can't argue with today's game as I wasn't there but;

Bart - has contributed to our bad start.
Nydam - do rate him, not convinced he would solve creativity issues, Edun is better - he should be playing in my view.
Dozzell - being protected by professionals from suffering more injuries, may be over cautious but look at Bishop. We have no reason not to trust the people in charge of him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Back from the game (n/t) on 23:01 - Sep 15 with 4515 viewsrevdrb

Back from the game on 23:08 - Sep 15 with 4467 viewsBloomBlue

George Burley a complete moron. How any manager can take a team from top 6 to relegation is beyond me, he ruined this club
Login to get fewer ads

Back from the game (n/t) on 23:09 - Sep 15 with 4458 viewsrevdrb

Back from the game (n/t) on 23:01 - Sep 15 by revdrb

I would have really liked to have had Burley as the vision he shared for the post really resonated with me. I think he would have reconnected the club with the fans, really developed our best youngsters into first team players and re-introduced the values of the club. I am sad that this didn't even seem to be seriously considered by ME. I feel it right to support PH as I did MM but if Burley was reappointed here I would have genuine hope.
Back from the game on 23:13 - Sep 15 with 4440 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Back from the game on 23:08 - Sep 15 by BloomBlue

George Burley a complete moron. How any manager can take a team from top 6 to relegation is beyond me, he ruined this club

I cherish the European trips George gave me. TWTD.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Back from the game on 00:46 - Sep 16 with 4201 viewspointofblue

Back from the game on 21:35 - Sep 15 by ITFCBlues

Why is it harsh on Downes but not Nolan or anyone else? Because he’s one of our youngsters that we want to believe is good?

He was awful today. His error at the start of the game set the tone for what was to follow and ripped the game plan up.

This is why we have Chalobah and Edun - they’re both better players than Downes I’m afraid.

Just because Downes was crap today doesn't necessarily mean he's out of his depth? He's just had an awful game which can happen to a player of his age - especially early on in his career? Or should we just give up on him after one bad performance?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Back from the game on 01:12 - Sep 16 with 4149 viewsmanchego

One of those is Hurst's players.
You child.
Back from the game on 02:03 - Sep 16 with 4084 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Back from the game on 01:12 - Sep 16 by manchego

One of those is Hurst's players.
You child.

They’re all Hurst’s players

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Back from the game on 03:04 - Sep 16 with 4043 viewsharlingblue

What was Graham like today? he was a passenger against Norwich. Spence is in his own world, trots around and is never worthy of a place, unless used at centreback where he does quite well.
Perhaps Paul Hurst needs to revamp his ideas regarding team formation to compete in The Championship?
One up front will never do, always allows the opposition the chance to attack what is our weaker link from the onset. Attack is the best form of defence is what I was taught, just a thought!
Back from the game on 05:48 - Sep 16 with 3971 viewsBenters2

I wanted Neil Warnock but I was shot down in flames.
Back from the game on 06:19 - Sep 16 with 3926 viewsHarry_Palmer

Back from the game on 05:48 - Sep 16 by Benters2

Yes because he would definitely have left newly promoted Cardiff to come here wouldn't he.
Back from the game on 06:28 - Sep 16 with 3905 viewsBenters2

Back from the game on 06:19 - Sep 16 by Harry_Palmer

Yes because he would definitely have left newly promoted Cardiff to come here wouldn't he.

Why not we are a big club loads of history and all that.

He would have loved it here.
Back from the game on 08:02 - Sep 16 with 3738 viewsstewartm

Back from the game on 21:35 - Sep 15 by ITFCBlues

I cannot believe people are still pinning for Downes? he is poor, every time I have watched him I have been very unimpressed.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Back from the game on 08:17 - Sep 16 with 3671 viewsRadlett_blue

Plenty of us were desperate to get rid of McCarthy & his often tedious football. I agreed with that & that we needed a new, more long term approach and a real pattern of play. Appointing a successful lower league manager was therefore the most likely option, although it represented a risk. However, change is always a risk - both Jim & Keane also started their first seasons very poorly.
The issue seems that most of Hurst's signings, with the notable exception of Edwards, either don't seem up to the mark or need time to adjust to a higher level. Some are crying out for a settled team, but that's hard to do when you can't and, quite frankly, don't look like winning a game.
The last ditch signing of Walters & the benching of Harrison & Jackson shows that Hurst recognises that we have a problem up front & that letting Garner go on the back of the understandable Waghorn sale was probably a mistake. Same as having Collins on trial indicated that he still feels we are light at the back.
2 home games coming up and if we don't win either of those, I feel a real crisis is on our hands. No new players to be brought in until January, excepting free agents like Collins.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Back from the game on 08:39 - Sep 16 with 3563 viewsclive_baker

Back from the game on 00:46 - Sep 16 by pointofblue

Just because Downes was crap today doesn't necessarily mean he's out of his depth? He's just had an awful game which can happen to a player of his age - especially early on in his career? Or should we just give up on him after one bad performance?

It’s not one bad performance though is it? I’m not disputing that there might be a player there in time but he’s a long way off being ready to start Championship matches IMO. Last season he was struggling to command a place in the Luton side in league 2 after an impressive start there. Chalobah seems head and shoulders ahead of him, such a strange decision to start Downes IMO. More often than not when I’ve seen him he’s looked out of his depth.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Back from the game on 08:43 - Sep 16 with 3544 viewsAce_High1

Back from the game on 08:39 - Sep 16 by clive_baker

It’s not one bad performance though is it? I’m not disputing that there might be a player there in time but he’s a long way off being ready to start Championship matches IMO. Last season he was struggling to command a place in the Luton side in league 2 after an impressive start there. Chalobah seems head and shoulders ahead of him, such a strange decision to start Downes IMO. More often than not when I’ve seen him he’s looked out of his depth.

Agreed, for me he was the one that needed a loan out and Nydam should be here in the team.

The loan of Edun (regardless how he has played) for me offers no value at all when we have players like this already at the club.
Back from the game on 08:44 - Sep 16 with 3539 viewsBenno1960

Back from the game on 21:54 - Sep 15 by Garv

Can't argue with today's game as I wasn't there but;

Bart - has contributed to our bad start.
Nydam - do rate him, not convinced he would solve creativity issues, Edun is better - he should be playing in my view.
Dozzell - being protected by professionals from suffering more injuries, may be over cautious but look at Bishop. We have no reason not to trust the people in charge of him.

this
Back from the game on 08:48 - Sep 16 with 3515 viewsChiefXL

Back from the game on 05:48 - Sep 16 by Benters2

You missed out the word 'rightly'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024