Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few are calling for a new manager already? 08:01 - Sep 16 with 6740 viewsHerbivore

My word, get a hold of yourselves you melts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:05 - Sep 16 with 3330 viewsstewartm

Really? have you watched a game this season? We are very poor and some one mentioned that 'our lack of goals will get us relegated'. Not a truer word spoken but contemplate this, a lack of goals a poor midfield (ph selections do not help) and a very poor defence (how the hell Spence is playing is beyond me), we will not just get relegated, we will not win a game all season!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:07 - Sep 16 with 3308 viewsHerbivore

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:05 - Sep 16 by stewartm

Really? have you watched a game this season? We are very poor and some one mentioned that 'our lack of goals will get us relegated'. Not a truer word spoken but contemplate this, a lack of goals a poor midfield (ph selections do not help) and a very poor defence (how the hell Spence is playing is beyond me), we will not just get relegated, we will not win a game all season!

I'm a season ticket holder, mate. You seem to be some sort of troll.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:09 - Sep 16 with 3292 viewsstewartm

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:07 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

and you seem to be blind or maybe confused and you have a ticket for Colchester?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 9:42]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:18 - Sep 16 with 3243 viewsHarry_Palmer

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:05 - Sep 16 by stewartm

How much would you like to wager that we will not win a game all season?

£100 says we will.
A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:21 - Sep 16 with 3225 viewsWestSussexBlue

For once I totally agree with you Herbivore.
A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:22 - Sep 16 with 3223 viewsimsureazzure

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:07 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

It is really rather precious that any person who fields a different opinion to that of yours is automatically a troll.
A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:24 - Sep 16 with 3211 viewsHerbivore

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:22 - Sep 16 by imsureazzure

It is really rather precious that any person who fields a different opinion to that of yours is automatically a troll.

I base it on wider posting history as opposed to responses to me. Get back under your bridge, young man.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:27 - Sep 16 with 3185 viewsCurrie10

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:22 - Sep 16 by imsureazzure

That's Herbivore.
Login to get fewer ads

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:29 - Sep 16 with 3178 viewstiptreeblue

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:24 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

I base it on wider posting history as opposed to responses to me. Get back under your bridge, young man.

I totally agree, I really would hate to be in a tricky situation with some on here, they would be running around waving their hands in the air, saying were doomed, were doomed lol
A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:30 - Sep 16 with 3171 viewsHerbivore

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:27 - Sep 16 by Currie10

That's Herbivore.

I've not called you a troll. I think you're misguided, repetitive and rather boring, but not a troll.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:31 - Sep 16 with 3162 viewstextbackup

I get have concerns, and even the top managers/players can be questioned, but to suggest he’s sacked after 6/7 games is typical new age football fan behaviour.

Personally I’ve only seen Blackburn at scum so far this season (holiday for villa) and I’ve seen 3 decent halves of football, 1st half vs them was poor (both teams)

After this week I’m hoping to have 4/6 points more to our name, and once the wins come everyone (hurst included) will all calm down a bit.

Big step up for him and some of these players, it was going to take a while, I just hope he sticks to his original plan and doesn’t resort to ‘get it up to Walters quickly as he’s better than the rest’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:31 - Sep 16 with 3159 viewsimsureazzure

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:27 - Sep 16 by Currie10

That's Herbivore.

Certainly seems to have built up a considerable reputation for that fact, it is a shame really as very occasionally he offers a decent view.
A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:33 - Sep 16 with 3151 viewsHerbivore

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:29 - Sep 16 by tiptreeblue

I totally agree, I really would hate to be in a tricky situation with some on here, they would be running around waving their hands in the air, saying were doomed, were doomed lol

Quite. How many times last season did we hear people say they'd be happy to go backwards to move forwards? How many of us were saying at the start of the season that it would take time for the team to gel and we might not see results straight away? A bad performance at Hull and that's all gone out of the window. Sure there's room to criticise some of the decisions, and it's fine to be a bit worried, but my word flouncing that the manager needs to go and that we should bring in Burley is beyond the pale. I'd hate to see how some of these people deal with genuine hardship.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:34 - Sep 16 with 3143 viewsFrimleyBlue

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:24 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

Wider posting history. You mean another person who hasn't just taken everything in and accepted crapness since hurst was given the job?

Surely I have to say on behalf of everyone accused of being trolls that perhaps you and all other regular posters continuing to accept everything he does are trolls yourselves?

Maybe I find every positive thing u say just an attempt to bait those who don't agree?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 8:37]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:35 - Sep 16 with 3144 viewshomer_123

We all knew patience was going to be needed Herbs.

However, I think it's fair to say not one of expected either such a poor start results wise or, more worryingly at this point, no real improvement in the approach or style of football on offer.

We need to still be patient and support Hurst and the team, give him time and the opportunity to get what he wants from his team.

That becomes ever more difficult without a win. Also the signing of Walters seems to have muddied the approach Hurst was trying to take, with both the Norwich and Hull games see us revert to a much more direct approach. I'm all for pragmatism and needing to be able to play different ways. The issue at the moment is that we seem to fall between styles, we seem neither fit enough to play the high pressing tempo game, technically good enough to play the ball about nor solid enough to keep it tight and nick a win, or physical enough to play a more direct game. We appear somewhat less than the sum of our parts.

Hurst needs much longer, but he needs a win. Anyway possible. Otherwise it becomes ever more difficult for him and the players. There will be doubts internally from players and staff way before the fans have any effect.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:35 - Sep 16 with 3142 viewsJohnny_Boy

I have not seen such a poor performance in a long while.

Gone was the passing philosophy of earlier games, replaced by ineffectual hoofball.

Unsure if those were the managers instructions or players reverting to type.

Players looked hopelessly out of their depth.

A blip I hope.
A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:36 - Sep 16 with 3128 viewsHerbivore

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:31 - Sep 16 by textbackup

I get have concerns, and even the top managers/players can be questioned, but to suggest he’s sacked after 6/7 games is typical new age football fan behaviour.

Personally I’ve only seen Blackburn at scum so far this season (holiday for villa) and I’ve seen 3 decent halves of football, 1st half vs them was poor (both teams)

After this week I’m hoping to have 4/6 points more to our name, and once the wins come everyone (hurst included) will all calm down a bit.

Big step up for him and some of these players, it was going to take a while, I just hope he sticks to his original plan and doesn’t resort to ‘get it up to Walters quickly as he’s better than the rest’

Thankfully the fans at PR have shown a bit of patience (bar half hour or so against Blackburn when I thought the support was very poor) so hopefully we can get a win this week. Genuinely, some of the stuff on here is staggering. We're 7 games in to a new project, one that pretty much everyone recognised would see us go backwards before going forwards. Too many fans lack the patience or the stomach for it.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:37 - Sep 16 with 3116 viewshomer_123

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:31 - Sep 16 by textbackup

Norwich and Hull have seen us revert Texty. No two ways about it.

His conviction in his approach, is it wavering or just that he's being pragmatic in trying to get a win?

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:38 - Sep 16 with 3103 viewshomer_123

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:36 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

Thankfully the fans at PR have shown a bit of patience (bar half hour or so against Blackburn when I thought the support was very poor) so hopefully we can get a win this week. Genuinely, some of the stuff on here is staggering. We're 7 games in to a new project, one that pretty much everyone recognised would see us go backwards before going forwards. Too many fans lack the patience or the stomach for it.

I really don't think the fans are an issue Herbs, at this stage.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:39 - Sep 16 with 3085 viewsHerbivore

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:35 - Sep 16 by homer_123

However, I think it's fair to say not one of expected either such a poor start results wise or, more worryingly at this point, no real improvement in the approach or style of football on offer.

We need to still be patient and support Hurst and the team, give him time and the opportunity to get what he wants from his team.

That becomes ever more difficult without a win. Also the signing of Walters seems to have muddied the approach Hurst was trying to take, with both the Norwich and Hull games see us revert to a much more direct approach. I'm all for pragmatism and needing to be able to play different ways. The issue at the moment is that we seem to fall between styles, we seem neither fit enough to play the high pressing tempo game, technically good enough to play the ball about nor solid enough to keep it tight and nick a win, or physical enough to play a more direct game. We appear somewhat less than the sum of our parts.

Hurst needs much longer, but he needs a win. Anyway possible. Otherwise it becomes ever more difficult for him and the players. There will be doubts internally from players and staff way before the fans have any effect.

I don't disagree with any of that. There's plenty of room for legitimate concern though without calling for a new manager or declaring that Hurst is out of his depth. We're 7 games in.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:40 - Sep 16 with 3066 viewsHerbivore

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:34 - Sep 16 by FrimleyBlue

Wider posting history. You mean another person who hasn't just taken everything in and accepted crapness since hurst was given the job?

Surely I have to say on behalf of everyone accused of being trolls that perhaps you and all other regular posters continuing to accept everything he does are trolls yourselves?

Maybe I find every positive thing u say just an attempt to bait those who don't agree?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 8:37]

I don't think you're a troll either, more of a div.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:41 - Sep 16 with 3067 viewshomer_123

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:39 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

I don't disagree with any of that. There's plenty of room for legitimate concern though without calling for a new manager or declaring that Hurst is out of his depth. We're 7 games in.

I've not seen many call for his head, to be fair.

Certainly a few have questioned his ability to step up and you are right...still very early days.

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:41 - Sep 16 with 3059 viewsAce_High1

I am not calling for him to go yet but the account of himself he has given so far has been extremely poor.

The fundamental aspect we all want to see is a plan - a way of playing and therefore tactics and an approach to recruitment to achieve this. This is what we signed up for by moving on from the experienced, steady McCarthy.

What concerns me is that about half way through the window he seemed to change approach and towards the end of it it was like Jewell trying to snap up any loanee available, regardless if we actually needed them or if they were any better than what he had (Graham???). And now this approach is being seen in his lineups - the big lump up front and no style of play in complete contrast to start of pre-season.

He needs to get back to basics and for the next 8 games have a core of his 11 that plays in a formation that he wants to play. From reading the reports of the games so far we seem to carry zero goal threat so we needs to get some creativity in the side. I appreciate the need to be cautious with fitness, but he really needs to take a gamble on a Huws, Bishop or Dozzell and get them in the team. They may not be 100% but a half fit Teddy Bishop will offer more than a midfield three of Skuse, Downes and Nolan who by the sound of it seems to be anonymous in most games.
A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:43 - Sep 16 with 3034 viewstextbackup

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:37 - Sep 16 by homer_123

Norwich and Hull have seen us revert Texty. No two ways about it.

His conviction in his approach, is it wavering or just that he's being pragmatic in trying to get a win?

Yeah, I agree on Norwich (as didn’t see yesterday) really frustrated me at the amount of balls to Walters. When we played PHs way in second half I really enjoyed what I saw.

As someone posted last night - he needs to keep courage in his convictions

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:45 - Sep 16 with 3014 viewsJohnny_Boy

A few are calling for a new manager already? on 08:35 - Sep 16 by homer_123

Yesterday was baffling. Like he'd ripped-up his revision book of the previous 6 games & started afresh. I'm fully expecting him to contradict himself & start playing two upfront if results continue to be desperate. Not that I'd be against that.

Still of the belief that for all the best intentions in the world, having a philosophy is important, but sometimes you stumble onto a winning squad selection by accident (and due to injuries) & formation.

I'd have Josh in that squad immediately - I don't think he'd contribute anything less than what's been seen so far.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 8:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024