Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning all... 09:12 - Sep 16 with 716 viewsbluewein

So, after that me and the bro decided to get stupidly drunk on the train back. Easily one of the best worst decisions I’ve made in a while. Got back to Reading around 10:30 (I think).

God. That was spineless. Totally pathetic. There’s nothing good I can take from that. At half time, I was positive it could only get better. How wrong can one person be? Won’t go as far as to say it’s one of the lowest feelings I’ve had watching Town, but Christ I was miserable after that.

Too many changes innit? When the influx of signings came in over the summer, I was hopeful. The players Hurst was bringing in was what I wanted to see. Strikers with pace, big units in defence, midfield playmakers who weren’t scared to want the bal, willing to run at players. All there to buy into the footballing philosophy Hurst wants to install. I saw none of that yesterday. Seriously, not one player can come out with their head held high after that.

Gerks- Nothing he could really do about the goals. Came out for both, spread himself and made himself look big but two decent (ish) finishes got the better of him.

Spence - That second goal. Jesus wept. At least put some effort into knocking the guy off the ball. Bang average at this level.

Chambers and Pennington - Nothing of note. A little worried that they both got caught out easily by simple balls over the top a couple of times (especially for the second goal again.)

Knudsen - you can’t fault the guys passion, but you can see why he’s so marmite with fans at times. Thought the Hull winger got the better of him far too many times.

Edwards- What is it about him and away matches? Never seems to put in those marauding old fashioned winger performances we’ve seen at PR so far this year.

Nolan - The one hurst signing who looks seriously out of his depth so far. One lashed shot over the bar aside, he offered very little. Not the creative central midfielder I was hoping for. Seriously needs to step up. Fast.

Skuse - Does what he has to do I guess. Not one to take the game by the scruff of the neck, just sits and does his job. It’s all we can expect of him.

Downes - I was waxing lyrical about him to a couple of Palace fans on the way up. If they’d watched him yesterday they probably would have thought I’d been drinking a lot earlier than I started. Never got in the game or looked like the confident kid I saw at the beginning of last season wanting the ball or trying to get play going.

Graham - Powderpuff. Unfit. Offered nothing. I’m being generous here too...

Walters - Not sure what he’s supposed to do when the balls being chucked over his head instead of having in played to him. He showed in the second half against Nodge how well he can make the call stick to him, so why change it up? A trick seriously missed by Hurst in tactics and in line up.

Jackson - Should have started. I said after Nodge how he and Walters linked up so well together. I’m baffled by that decision. Need him back in the side.

Rowe - Think he’s in Hursts plans. If he’s fit, start him against Brentford ahead of Graham. He can’t do any worse.

Harrison - Not much time to get involved (bit like the other subs really.) Chasing a lost cause.

Positives from yesterday? Spending the day with my brother, seeing Rommers and Mullet, meeting Newcy, bumping into a couple who I’d met in the same pub last November and the lads on the train back from Doncaster. Great company.

Negatives? Everything on the pitch. There’s not one single part of that which I thought “We’ll give Brentford a game on Tuesday”. Ironically, despite starting this off with saying there’s too many changes it’s exactly what we need on Tuesday night. Donacien must start ahead of Spence. Jackson has to start with Walters. Anyone has to get in ahead of Graham.

And yet I still got tickets for the Brum game on the way back.

Right. Looking back on that has made me angry again and made my hangover worse. I’m off back to bed. Peace out you lovely peeps...
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 9:31]

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Morning all... on 09:17 - Sep 16 with 673 viewsHerbivore

You definitely drank too much, Roberts didn't play yesterday.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Morning all... on 09:22 - Sep 16 with 646 viewsbluewein

Morning all... on 09:17 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

You definitely drank too much, Roberts didn't play yesterday.

Jesus. What a maistakea to makea...

Ammended

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024