Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich 20:30 - Sep 16 with 1572 viewsLord_Lucan

Strange one this.

I was going to name it The Beattie Burger but it wasn't worthy in the end.

Burger Burger; Scum in law noticed it on Deliveroo yesterday but we couldn't find a web presence - except that the google map arrow had it pointing to Frankie and Bennys.

So after a mornings work we drove down to Cardinal Park with RKD (Big mistake today of all days) but couldn't see Burger Burger so I went into Frankie and Bennys to ask if they knew about it.

The girl said that Burger Burger is theirs but only available on Deliveroo and Uber Eats, cannot be eaten in the restaurant and in fact cannot be ordered in the restaurant to take away - it has to be ordered through Deliveroo or Uber Eats.

I asked her to clarify this information as the pictures look a lot tastier than the stuff Frankie and Bennys churn out and she advised that yes, it was certainly different to their standard menu.

So we went back and ordered. 4 x Double burgers and 4 x Rosemary fries - tad expensive at £60 I thought.

Anyhoo, it was a nice burger but was a bit cold and here's the big problem - if it had been served up and eaten on site I think it would have been a cracker but as it continued to cook in its packaging whilst being delivered it was a bit overdone.

Overall 6.5/10 - could have been an 8.5

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 21:07 - Sep 16 with 1499 views_

Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich on 21:35 - Sep 16 with 1446 viewsLamp

on 21:07 - Sep 16 by _

Probably operating as F&B under a franchise and using the kitchen for the side business
Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich on 22:05 - Sep 16 with 1397 viewsLord_Lucan

Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich on 21:35 - Sep 16 by Lamp

Probably operating as F&B under a franchise and using the kitchen for the side business

A brief look on Deliveroo seems to show that they've rolled it out all over.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

on 22:11 - Sep 16 with 1384 views_

Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich on 22:05 - Sep 16 by Lord_Lucan

Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich on 23:07 - Sep 16 with 1343 viewsbournemouthblue

Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich on 22:05 - Sep 16 by Lord_Lucan

The fact it is Frankie and Benny's put me off to be quite honest

How does it compare to Love Thy Burger?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich on 23:16 - Sep 16 with 1329 viewsLord_Lucan

Burger review - Burger Burger, Ipswich on 23:07 - Sep 16 by bournemouthblue

The fact it is Frankie and Benny's put me off to be quite honest

How does it compare to Love Thy Burger?

Put it this way, I would not dream of dining in Frankie and Bennys but the burger was ok.

If it had been served as soon as it was cooked and not be allowed to overcook in its wrapping it would have been right up there - on par with LTB anyway.

Unfortunately because of the delivery module I won't be ordering again.

It makes you wonder why they don't just serve it in store over their regular sh1te

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024