Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it right... 13:23 - Sep 17 with 729 viewsmattrolow

Is it right to judge a player on the money that a club paid for him?

He didn't ask to get bought for however million, whether that's Pogba, Ronaldo or Jon Nolan.

I know it's all hypothetical, but if we had brought in Nolan, Jackson, Harrison etc. on frees then would they be criticised as highly as they are being now?

Or does the price just heighten expectations of bringing a player from a lower league?
Is it right... on 13:30 - Sep 17 with 704 viewsReuser_is_God

'Is it right to judge a player on the money that a club paid for him?'

No, absolutely not.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Is it right... on 13:34 - Sep 17 with 686 viewsBinner

Is it right... on 13:30 - Sep 17 by Reuser_is_God

'Is it right to judge a player on the money that a club paid for him?'

No, absolutely not.

...but you might judge the club on it!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 13:37]

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Is it right... on 13:36 - Sep 17 with 672 viewsgmanrom

In the grand scheme of things, what we have paid for these players is naff all in today's market. These guys are just not ready to step up, Jackson has pace to burn and will get goals once we start turning the opposition defence, the rest of his game needs working on. Harrison seems to do the other part of the game better, winning headers etc but will he get goals, i'm not so sure. Nolan is not a number 10 which everyone thought he was so they are expecting far to much from him going forward.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Is it right... on 13:37 - Sep 17 with 664 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

No it's not.

You can make a judgement on how good the investment is but a player doesn't pick his price tag. The market is the market.
Is it right... on 13:44 - Sep 17 with 641 viewsKropotkin123

I believe it is. Basic economics should dictate that we should expect everyone to meet and grow their value whilst at the club.

With that being said, it takes time for people to settle. Our purchases aren't like a shop bought washing machine, where all the setting should be perfect from day one.

I don't think the issue is with judging them to their purchase value, more judging them to their purchase value after a handful of games.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024