Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... 16:27 - Sep 17 with 2515 viewsGluedtoBlue

Is a big part of the reason modern day football is the way it is.

Owners get slated when being 'trigger happy' yet a good number (not the majority though) are debating/calling for it.

ME will not sack PH anytime soon. And not should he.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:30 - Sep 17 with 2483 viewsBenters2

What about if we are in the bottom 3 at Christmas?
The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:31 - Sep 17 with 2483 viewsFrimleyBlue

You have to understand. Evans isn't happy. Goes alot deeper than just league table.

If. If. We are bottom 3 come November I wouldn't be surprised to see a change.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:31 - Sep 17 with 2483 viewsTractorJack

This reminds me of those email chains where people reply to all saying: Please don't reply all.
The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:32 - Sep 17 with 2475 viewsmathiemagic

100% Agree. We will win soon and then slowly climb the table I am sure of that. Time is not something you get a lot of in football these days but his CV is pretty decent and I expect PH and CD to get it right sooner rather than later.

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:33 - Sep 17 with 2469 viewsFrimleyBlue

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:32 - Sep 17 by mathiemagic

100% Agree. We will win soon and then slowly climb the table I am sure of that. Time is not something you get a lot of in football these days but his CV is pretty decent and I expect PH and CD to get it right sooner rather than later.

However. I hadn't noticed it until today. But something Pual has changed in his management has clearly had an effect. 2 league wins in 17 games....

Training. Coaching.. tactics? Style?

Waka waka eh eh

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:59 - Sep 17 with 2403 viewsJ2BLUE

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:31 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

You have to understand. Evans isn't happy. Goes alot deeper than just league table.

What do you mean and what is your evidence?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 18:06 - Sep 17 with 2343 viewsBerlinBlue

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:31 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

I guess you know ME personally in that case.

If you had it your way, PH would be sacked now, never mind in November.

Your posts on this subject are tedious.
The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 18:11 - Sep 17 with 2337 viewsTrequartista

Yes but Watford.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 18:30 - Sep 17 with 2304 viewsJ2BLUE

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 16:59 - Sep 17 by J2BLUE

What do you mean and what is your evidence?

???

Truly impaired.

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 18:33 - Sep 17 with 2292 viewsFrimleyBlue

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 18:30 - Sep 17 by J2BLUE

???

I'll DM you

Waka waka eh eh

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 18:40 - Sep 17 with 2279 viewsblueconscience

If he isn’t happy, then perhaps he needs to realise you need to spend in this league to add to your squad and not to replace players.

You only get what you pay for.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:08 - Sep 17 with 2213 viewsjjblue84

He should be given two years at least. Anything else is short sighted.
The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:11 - Sep 17 with 2205 viewsSpruceMoose

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 18:33 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

I'll DM you

Spill the beans J2

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:11 - Sep 17 with 2208 viewsReuser_is_God

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 18:33 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

I'll DM you

..... a load of bollox.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:16 - Sep 17 with 2193 viewsGluedtoBlue

Evans made the decision to let MM go (which was the right call), he also made the decision to hire PH (time will tell), he also made the decision, along with PH, that the squad changes were the right thing to do (again time will).

If that was the right thing then, then it's the right thing now. Noises from the camp are positive, things might click, they might not but they're less likely to if negative fans start showing their heads.

Its too soon to say PH was the right man, it's also too soon to say he's the wrong man.

A sacking in November is too soon unless we're looking awful game after game (We're not at the mo) especially when the man in charge only joined in the summer.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:20 - Sep 17 with 2186 viewsitfcjoe

Chicken and egg surely.

Fans are debating it because it isn't that unlikely, not because they will be the ones to force the change

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:36 - Sep 17 with 2154 viewspeterleeblue

Another take on Management sackings is the introduction of a transfer window ......There has been some comparisons to Bobby Robson's early games.
Perhaps in modern football with no transfer opportunities until January the only option to change things is to sack the manager.
Don't think we should though.
The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:40 - Sep 17 with 2144 viewspointofblue

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:20 - Sep 17 by itfcjoe

Chicken and egg surely.

Fans are debating it because it isn't that unlikely, not because they will be the ones to force the change

Is it really not unlikely at this stage? We may be beaten by Brentford and Bolton but I suspect Evans will still stand firm. Yes, if we're struggling a couple of months down the line then the trigger finger may get itchy but surely we're a long way from that?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:46 - Sep 17 with 2136 viewsPhilTWTD

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:40 - Sep 17 by pointofblue

Is it really not unlikely at this stage? We may be beaten by Brentford and Bolton but I suspect Evans will still stand firm. Yes, if we're struggling a couple of months down the line then the trigger finger may get itchy but surely we're a long way from that?

I think we're miles off a firing regardless of this week's results. Roy Keane went 15 games without a win at the start of his first full season even then and was under no immediate pressure.
The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 20:07 - Sep 17 with 2061 viewsitfcjoe

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:40 - Sep 17 by pointofblue

It's obviously a big IF but if we end up going into the next international break without a win then who is to say he won't be teetering on the edge

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 20:10 - Sep 17 with 2046 viewsMullet

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:46 - Sep 17 by PhilTWTD

I think we're miles off a firing regardless of this week's results. Roy Keane went 15 games without a win at the start of his first full season even then and was under no immediate pressure.

Quite. A bit like the sharp more certain end of this relegation talk. It baffles me people would suggest it's anything more than a possibility right now. Reasonably so, and maybe that muddies the water.

Interesting that those that dismissed PH as being "Mick-lite" or even "Mick-like" are silent on it. That we are hearing reminders of Keane and Jewell as well as seeing them too. The common thread? Evans.

Rightly or wrongly, to then not understand his MO or ignore it to pretend or wish for something else isn't going to make it so.

I'm really frustrated Hurst has made such a mess of things. He's had the best starting point on and off the pitch since Keane arguably. Seeing that utter shambles on Saturday drove home the reservations and imperfections that have been mounting and evident since the opening game.

He has time to change it, but the fear becomes he has painted himself into such a corner with his decisions, words and actions we might not see him manage it fully. I believe we should never be near a relegation scrap given what he's had, but the longer this goes in it's a question of how close we come and how big of a blow that is.

God forbid we actually do somehow contrive to go down, it'll be the biggest disaster since admin, if not worse. People already happy to sleepwalk to that end because it satisfies some weird argument only they've been having with themselves, are the danger right now. Yeah plenty of us will still turn up, will still support, but it won't be easy, it won't be fun and it won't be good enough even if it's for a season of slumming it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 21:04 - Sep 17 with 1953 viewsJ2BLUE

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 19:11 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

Spill the beans J2

I have been asked not to detail specifics. All I can say is that a lot of the info goes against logic and evidence and comes from what I would consider a highly questionable source.

Truly impaired.

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 21:13 - Sep 17 with 1930 viewsSuperblue95

The fact we're even talking about a sacking in September... on 21:04 - Sep 17 by J2BLUE

I have been asked not to detail specifics. All I can say is that a lot of the info goes against logic and evidence and comes from what I would consider a highly questionable source.

Is Frimley in cahoots with ITFC Steward?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024