Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist 20:23 - Sep 17 with 1737 viewsWeWereZombies

It's been a few years since I mentioned this article but it seems like the time to unearth it:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/brian-viner-i

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:29 - Sep 17 with 1666 viewsSpruceMoose

That last paragraph... It breaks my heart to think about the unfairness that old pros must feel when they see the money in the game now.

It would be good if there was some kind of fund where the current pro's could acknowledge the difference nowadays, and kick back some dosh so when old pros like KB find themselves struggling financially. Like a kind of well funded hardship fund or something.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 20:31]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

£275 a week.... on 20:37 - Sep 17 with 1595 viewsBloots

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:29 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

That last paragraph... It breaks my heart to think about the unfairness that old pros must feel when they see the money in the game now.

It would be good if there was some kind of fund where the current pro's could acknowledge the difference nowadays, and kick back some dosh so when old pros like KB find themselves struggling financially. Like a kind of well funded hardship fund or something.

....not sure if this has been posted yet, I've not been around for a few days.

It's another piece by Brian Viner:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070908004516/ http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/news/article2426196.ece

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:41 - Sep 17 with 1558 viewsCoco

Good read, thanks.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:44 - Sep 17 with 1529 viewsfactual_blue

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:29 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

Presumably there's a PFA Benevolent Fund or similar?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:52 - Sep 17 with 1473 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe they could increase ticket prices so fans could give some money to the old pros
From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:59 - Sep 17 with 1421 viewsMelford

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:52 - Sep 17 by BloomBlue

Maybe they could increase ticket prices so fans could give some money to the old pros

Spurs have a trust to look after their ex-players
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-club/spurs-cares/tottenham-tribute-trust/
I'd pay £4 a month DD like I do with my other charities for something like that.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 22:41 - Sep 17 with 1167 viewsSpruceMoose

From a well respected, and Everton supporting, journalist on 20:52 - Sep 17 by BloomBlue

Is there nothing you won’t troll on?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024