Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going tonight then? 08:12 - Sep 18 with 4232 viewsSteve_M

It's been a while since an evening match and it's just starting to turn Autumnal so we'll have the nice feeling of PR under lights for the first time in a while.

There are, of course, two more important things tonight. Most importantly, to pay tribute to Kevin Beattie which I'm sure will be emotional. I did see some talk of something in the sixth minute as well as the minute of applause pre-match, it would be nice to do something fan-organised as well.

And then to support the team. Hopefully the crowd will be as positive as it's been in the three previous home matches and, whilst there are questions about Hurst so far, they can be put to one side for the duration of the match. We will need to press Brentford tonight, give them space and they'll pass round us. Do that and cut out the defensive sloppiness and we have a chance.

The sooner we can get a win, the happier everyone will be. COYFB.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who is going tonight then? on 08:56 - Sep 18 with 3866 viewsCOYBitfc

I'll be there and looking forward to it.

Re the Beat I expect in addition to the applause at the beginning we'll see another on 6 minutes and also on 64 minutes.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Who is going tonight then? on 09:07 - Sep 18 with 3845 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, I'll be there.

And annoyingly, for someone who lives half a mile from the ground, I have a meeting in London this afternoon, so I am trusting it runs to time and the trains are behaving.

I'm not confident about our chances tonight, I can see Brentford being too good for us and us to be on the wrong end of a 1-3 score-line.

The tribute to Beat will emotional, especially for those who can remember him as a player.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who is going tonight then? on 09:20 - Sep 18 with 3818 viewsLankHenners

Yes, I'm sure the tribute(s) will be very well supported and in a funny sort of way may help lift the crowd and the players.

Looking at Brentford and watching some highlights I'm having slight flashbacks to that Boxing Day match vs Fulham where they had about 98% possession and could have won about 7-0 if they'd remembered their shooting boots. If there's a time for Hurst's fabled high press game to come together it's tonight. Will be a tough game with one team very high on confidence vs one desperate for any sort of win. Did see something on Twitter earlier pointing out that we've used the most amount of players (25) and them the least (17) - certainly suggests one team knows exactly what they're doing and the other is still trying to get to grips with things.

Was thinking about the two sides yesterday and their approaches to building a squad and, in a simplistic way, Brentford seem to have essentially done over 4 or 5 years what we've tried to do in one window, i.e. sell off most profitable assets and reinvest it directly into younger players to steadily improve the squad. It does look they could finally be seeing the ultimate reward for putting together such a plan but a long way to go of course.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Who is going tonight then? on 09:26 - Sep 18 with 3787 viewsJakeITFC

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it.

Hopefully it’s one of those nights where a smaller crowd are there all for the same reason and we really get behind the boys.

Brentford are a really good side at this level but they can be got at, so hopefully we see a couple of periods of high energy and sustained pressure like the start of the second half against Norwich.
Who is going tonight then? on 09:27 - Sep 18 with 3777 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm fearful for us tonight.

Hopefully the Beattie tributes can be used as inspiration & we at least get a performance. I feel we need to come away from these 2 games with 4 points & a settled side to ease worries amongst supporters.

I've not seen us win since the Reading game at home just before Christmas & tonight would be a brilliant time to get that.

COYB

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who is going tonight then? on 09:29 - Sep 18 with 3761 viewsitfcjoe

I'll be there, think it is a game that could go one of 2 ways.

if we concede an early goal we are in big trouble, ideally we can deny them space and opportunity around the box and look to hit them on the break with pace.

I'm sure the Beat will get a great send off, and hope that this inspires us to play well and more importantly win.

We have a good record under the floodlights at PR, especially when the crowd aren't against a manager and still seem to be fully behind in the ground and crerate a decent atmosphere which I'm sure we will tonight

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who is going tonight then? on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 3749 viewsartsbossbeard

Looking forward to it.

Meeting up with a couple of mates for a drink and bite to eat and then make sure we're there for KO to pay our respects.

Fearful about the footy but you never know, we could pull something out of nowhere tonight.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who is going tonight then? on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 3746 viewsnorth_stand77

I will be there with my son.

As a teenager I used to work at a building overlooking the practice pitch. I was always being told off for looking out of the window to watch Bobby and the boys train. Kevin Beattie was and always be my favourite Town player, he was like a a cross between a Tank and a Formula 1 racing car.

Will feel very emotional this evening.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is going tonight then? on 09:36 - Sep 18 with 3701 viewsbracknell_blue

I'll be there. The minute's applause will be emotional and I a,m sure I will shed tears. Let's hope the emotion of the evening gets to the players and they go out and nail it.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Who is going tonight then? on 09:41 - Sep 18 with 3670 viewsSteve_M

Who is going tonight then? on 09:20 - Sep 18 by LankHenners

Yes, I'm sure the tribute(s) will be very well supported and in a funny sort of way may help lift the crowd and the players.

Looking at Brentford and watching some highlights I'm having slight flashbacks to that Boxing Day match vs Fulham where they had about 98% possession and could have won about 7-0 if they'd remembered their shooting boots. If there's a time for Hurst's fabled high press game to come together it's tonight. Will be a tough game with one team very high on confidence vs one desperate for any sort of win. Did see something on Twitter earlier pointing out that we've used the most amount of players (25) and them the least (17) - certainly suggests one team knows exactly what they're doing and the other is still trying to get to grips with things.

Was thinking about the two sides yesterday and their approaches to building a squad and, in a simplistic way, Brentford seem to have essentially done over 4 or 5 years what we've tried to do in one window, i.e. sell off most profitable assets and reinvest it directly into younger players to steadily improve the squad. It does look they could finally be seeing the ultimate reward for putting together such a plan but a long way to go of course.

The thing about that Fulham game, and the return fixture in April that season, was how we let them play and made few attempts to close the space down. Very un-Mick like in some respects.

That said, the April 2017 fixture and that the following August were both matches where we had chances at important points so maybe he felt we could get something that way. That Boxing Day match there wasn't much positive.

Yes, Brentford's systematic approach to maximising a small budget has much to admire and certainly what we should be looking at doing. We may have made a start on that but need wins to allow it time to work.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who is going tonight then? on 10:11 - Sep 18 with 3548 viewsBent_double

Just booked my ticket, so I'll be there for my first game of the season.

Hopeful - but not expecting a win, tbh - but just being there in light of KB's passing is more important for me.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Who is going tonight then? on 12:16 - Sep 18 with 3417 viewsSomethingBlue

Who is going tonight then? on 09:20 - Sep 18 by LankHenners

I'd start Harrison in this one. He's the best suited to the high press out of our forwards and, as you say, this is a night for that. And it's something we need to get back to in general.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Who is going tonight then? on 12:20 - Sep 18 with 3392 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nope sadly not, but I'd love to be there for the Beat's send off. I can't think of a time in recent years when I was more disappointed to miss a game.

Hopefully everyone going will do us proud and it will be rousing send off and a 3-0 win too.

COYB

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who is going tonight then? on 12:39 - Sep 18 with 3351 viewsHarryfromBath

I'm heading over, Steve, and wouldn't miss this for the world as I just want to say goodbye to the great man. Strangely, I am both terrified and ambivalent about playing Brentford as they could really hurt us, but tonight is really about more than a football game.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Who is going tonight then? on 12:40 - Sep 18 with 3335 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm running the bar this evening in a last minute friendly, will be listening in tho hoping to hear us on our way to 3 points!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who is going tonight then? on 12:43 - Sep 18 with 3328 viewsPJH

Who is going tonight then? on 12:39 - Sep 18 by HarryfromBath

I'm heading over, Steve, and wouldn't miss this for the world as I just want to say goodbye to the great man. Strangely, I am both terrified and ambivalent about playing Brentford as they could really hurt us, but tonight is really about more than a football game.

Spot on Harry.
I will be there in my Kevin Beattie Ipswich Legend T shirt and the only 60 seconds that really matter to me are the 60 seconds of honouring the great man.
I expect to be very emotional.
Who is going tonight then? on 12:44 - Sep 18 with 3318 viewsthebooks

Yes, will be there with my 2 kids. Been a long time since we've been to a midweek game.

Glad to be able to pay tribute to the Beat.

We'll win, which will set us on a 26 game unbeaten run.
Who is going tonight then? on 12:51 - Sep 18 with 3295 views3_5_2

I'm going on my own for the first time in ages as Mrs and Daughter can't make it.

I know the tribute for the Beat will be fitting, I hope it inspires the team / crowd to get a result.

We are all hurting for various reasons on and of the pitch, let's stick together and make some noise

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Who is going tonight then? on 13:15 - Sep 18 with 3222 viewsPiercingBlue

Beattie Is Back on six minutes?
Who is going tonight then? on 16:24 - Sep 18 with 3068 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I wasn’t going...

But I’ve just decided that I will now.

COYB

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Who is going tonight then? on 16:34 - Sep 18 with 3034 viewsThe_Major

Ignore. Clumsy fat thumbs mean I end up posting on the wrong topic.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 16:37]
Who is going tonight then? on 16:48 - Sep 18 with 2984 viewshoppy

I will be there with Yasmin.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Who is going tonight then? on 16:52 - Sep 18 with 2971 viewsjaykay

definitely be there . the wife has decided to come as well, she normanly not bothered about the football but as she says he's been part of my life since 1972 and we married in 1972. so she wants to say goodbye to my second love as well

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Who is going tonight then? on 17:00 - Sep 18 with 2952 viewsPhoenixBlue

My other half won't be going as laid up in plaster caste and on crutches having ruptured achilles tendon on Sunday. Under strict instructions to keep leg elevated. Much groaning and moaning and gnashing of teeth but will leave the radio tuned to the game and a nice bottle of red to toast and give thanks for the Beat.

My son are I are going tho, usual ST seats upper SBR, we wouldn't miss it for the world. Have to be there to join in the tributes to The Beat and support our beloved Ipswich Town, no matter what, just like he always did.

As the Big Man always used to say, "3 - 1 to the Town!"
Who is going tonight then? on 18:26 - Sep 18 with 2855 viewsHerbivore

I'll be there. Not expecting much tonight but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024