Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. 15:06 - Sep 18 with 10963 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 18:39 - Sep 18 with 2320 viewsBlueBadger

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 16:25 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

Said it before, say it again; Brexit has upset all the right people.

Business people, hospital staff recruiters, manufacturers, travel firms, those sort of people?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 19:11 - Sep 18 with 2281 viewsDarth_Koont

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 15:32 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

London might have 9m and Londoners might well think it's a utopia but it's vastly different from most areas in the UK. Everything is very London-centric. I'm sure London is seen as a bubble for most outsiders.

To be fair if London is a bubble, it's at least bigger than the pipsqueak bubbles that most people find themselves in.

Nevertheless, I'd like to think people instinctively look outside their own narrow environment for information, ideas and perspectives. But they don't.

Pronouns: He/Him

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 19:16 - Sep 18 with 2272 viewsTrequartista

Awful tweet. Would be called racist if it was the other way around.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Possibly TWTD Post of the Year right here. (n/t) on 19:17 - Sep 18 with 2270 viewsTrequartista

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 15:27 - Sep 18 by Reuser_is_God

You moved to London about 2 months ago & all of a sudden you're fcuking Chas n Dave.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 19:32 - Sep 18 with 2246 viewsSuperblue95

You moved to London about 2 months ago & all of a sudden you're fcuking Chas n Dave.

I think you're my new favourite poster on here

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

on 22:15 - Sep 18 with 2212 views_

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 22:17 - Sep 18 with 2198 viewsjeera

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 15:42 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

I sometimes wonder if you really are a bit thick.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 22:24 - Sep 18 with 2190 viewsmrshallisfit

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 15:36 - Sep 18 by Reuser_is_God

Portsmouth isn't a city, it's Felixstowe with warships.

That's a great name for a band. Felixstowe with warships.
Login to get fewer ads

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 22:24 - Sep 18 with 2192 viewsRyorry

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 16:12 - Sep 18 by GlasgowBlue

It was a joke Callis.

With regards to the op. Why couldn’t this person celebrate how wonderfully diverse London is without resorting to insulting people from the shires?

Because the OP (in the tweet) is him/herself so arrogantl & thick that s/he is unwittingly revealing his/her own prejudice. Oh the irony!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 23:41 - Sep 18 with 2162 viewsBlueBadger

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 19:16 - Sep 18 by Trequartista

Awful tweet. Would be called racist if it was the other way around.

...and you were an idiot.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 09:40 - Sep 22 with 2046 viewsjaseitfc

London doesnt have enough Latinos but dont worry Callis im back in London now and my Latin wife and daughter will embolden the diversity
Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 09:45 - Sep 22 with 2037 viewsjaseitfc

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 16:13 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

Probably because they are from the shires themselves. Nothing more tedious than some yokel in the big city for the first time

Indeed, i find the most arrogant "Londoners" are those from other parts of Britain- i was one of them in my first stint here 2008-2014, but i then got out of london and lived overseas - im back in london now, its great but I may prefer living in Spain or South America - its something i need to ponder
Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 15:04 - Dec 28 with 1621 viewsPecker

Absolutely brilliant. Pure TWTD gold right there.
Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 15:40 - Dec 28 with 1584 viewsTendring_Blue

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 16:51 - Sep 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Presumably not as thick though as taking something that was obviously a joke so literally?

Looks like a massive Sense of humour failure to me!

Felixstowe with warships, Brilliant.
Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 16:09 - Dec 28 with 1563 viewsCoastalblue

Half dead?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 23:00 - Dec 28 with 1514 viewsRyorry

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 15:37 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

Lots of people wouldn't want to live in multicultural London. While it's a point of pride for Londoners many others would rather not live in that kind of society.

I say the above as a point of order, not in defence of people scared of immigrants.

And some people particularly enjoy London's diversity, theatres, live music, employment opportunities etc etc etc., but wouldn't want to live there because it's overcrowded, stressful, expensive etc etc.

Lived in north Leeds for 15 years - has all the same positives (albeit in less quantity) without the negatives, and with glorious open countryside just 15 mins away by car, or 20-30 by public transport. The West Indian/Polish/Greek/Sikh etc communities up Chapeltown Rd with their music, shops and people were an absolute joy (well apart from the Hayfield pub anyway, which I believe has now been shut down!)

*Here endeth the public service broadcast for Leeds City Council

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 23:05 - Dec 28 with 1508 viewsazuremerlangus

Possibly Tweet of the Year right here. on 15:36 - Sep 18 by Reuser_is_God

Portsmouth isn't a city, it's Felixstowe with warships.

You clearly have not been to Portsmouth...

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024