Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? 18:28 - Sep 18 with 1494 viewsMattinLondon

I’m not sure if this post will go down well but here goes.

I regularly take my little boy (who is two) to swimming and obviously other dads take their children as well. And if they are young then young girls also get changed with their dads and likewise young boys get changed with their mummy’s in the female dressing room.

On Saturday whilst we were arriving a dad and his two daughters were getting undressed and it was clear that the eldest daughter (who maybe was 11/12) was hitting puberty. At the time I heard some chap say that she shouldn’t be here.

Just wondered what other people thought.
When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:30 - Sep 18 with 1463 viewsHerbivore

Around 21/22 I'd say.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:32 - Sep 18 with 1465 viewssparks

Im inclined to agree. An 11/12 year old is quite capable of changing alone anyway.

Just wait until the Trans changing room / toilets issue blows up here like it did in the states though. Then we'll have some awkward dilemmas of this nature alongside at least two heavily entrenched camps asserting they are utterly correct in their views and unable to recognise that there is no perfect answer.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:34 - Sep 18 with 1456 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That doesn’t sound like a big deal to me. At that age, kids would just be starting senior school wouldn’t they?

I can’t see why someone would be that offended to actually say ‘she shouldn’t be here’.

Just my opinion anyway

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:37 - Sep 18 with 1436 viewssparks

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:34 - Sep 18 by The_Romford_Blue

That doesn’t sound like a big deal to me. At that age, kids would just be starting senior school wouldn’t they?

I can’t see why someone would be that offended to actually say ‘she shouldn’t be here’.

Just my opinion anyway

Its not so much offense- as simply innappropriate for a pubsescent girl to be in with grown men and potentially pubsescent boys. Give her some dignity.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:37 - Sep 18 with 1435 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:32 - Sep 18 by sparks

Im inclined to agree. An 11/12 year old is quite capable of changing alone anyway.

Just wait until the Trans changing room / toilets issue blows up here like it did in the states though. Then we'll have some awkward dilemmas of this nature alongside at least two heavily entrenched camps asserting they are utterly correct in their views and unable to recognise that there is no perfect answer.

My brothers just joint senior school and one of the new ideas for lessons is diversity/money matters/etc.

Anyway, a drag queen is coming in the next few months to educate a group of year 7s (11 year olds) on it.

Personally, I think that’s just completely unnecessary. Be interested in people’s thoughts on that.

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:38 - Sep 18 with 1424 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:37 - Sep 18 by sparks

Its not so much offense- as simply innappropriate for a pubsescent girl to be in with grown men and potentially pubsescent boys. Give her some dignity.

But surely it should be her choice? If she is happy, what’s the issue?

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:38 - Sep 18 with 1424 viewssparks

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:37 - Sep 18 by The_Romford_Blue

My brothers just joint senior school and one of the new ideas for lessons is diversity/money matters/etc.

Anyway, a drag queen is coming in the next few months to educate a group of year 7s (11 year olds) on it.

Personally, I think that’s just completely unnecessary. Be interested in people’s thoughts on that.

Rather depends on whether it is a drag queen, or just a trans person, or even transvestite. If the former, its difficult to see the obvious benefit.

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:40 - Sep 18 with 1418 viewsSpruceMoose

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:32 - Sep 18 by sparks

Where the issue? Private bathrooms and private changing rooms aren't a problem.

Stop looking at other people's junk and concentrate on your own aim I say.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:42 - Sep 18 with 1402 viewssparks

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:40 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

Where the issue? Private bathrooms and private changing rooms aren't a problem.

Stop looking at other people's junk and concentrate on your own aim I say.

Private ones arent a problem. Communal ones surely are?

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:43 - Sep 18 with 1397 viewsStokieBlue

They actually have a sign at our local pool saying 8 years and above should change in the "appropriate" changing room or something along those lines.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:43 - Sep 18 with 1386 viewsHerbivore

Sparks is talking like a man who's packing a fleshy acorn.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:43 - Sep 18 with 1390 viewsSpruceMoose

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:38 - Sep 18 by sparks

Rather depends on whether it is a drag queen, or just a trans person, or even transvestite. If the former, its difficult to see the obvious benefit.

Why? Drag culture is a distinct and vibrant part of gay culture. I don't see the issue with kids learning about it, and being presented with positive role models.

In fact I don't see it any different than having footballers go in to schools, for example. Some kids won't find the drag queens relevant, just as many wouldn't find the footballers.

I mean, at my school we had prison wardens come in and tell us about the kind of weapons that get made in prison. Given a choice, I'd have gone with the drag queen option.

Edit - I fully expect to be in the minority view point camp here!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 18:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:46 - Sep 18 with 1357 viewssparks

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:43 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

Why? Drag culture is a distinct and vibrant part of gay culture. I don't see the issue with kids learning about it, and being presented with positive role models.

In fact I don't see it any different than having footballers go in to schools, for example. Some kids won't find the drag queens relevant, just as many wouldn't find the footballers.

I mean, at my school we had prison wardens come in and tell us about the kind of weapons that get made in prison. Given a choice, I'd have gone with the drag queen option.

Edit - I fully expect to be in the minority view point camp here!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 18:45]

It seems a bit specific at that age. My perception (and it may be wrong) of drag queens are associated with shows and club culture that is pretty overtly sexual in nature. I wouldnt want a lap dancer to come into the school for a chat.

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:46 - Sep 18 with 1354 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:38 - Sep 18 by sparks

Drag Queen according to the Headteacher who started this idea.

She is a bit radical though and was in the paper a couple of times last year for things she’s done. As well as changing the name of the school, she’s banned speaking between lessons, etc

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:49 - Sep 18 with 1343 viewsFixed_It

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:34 - Sep 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Just my opinion anyway

As a male teacher I wouldn't go into the girls' changing rooms. And I very much doubt the parent in question would want/expect me to. No real difference.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:52 - Sep 18 with 1328 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:49 - Sep 18 by Fixed_It

As a male teacher I wouldn't go into the girls' changing rooms. And I very much doubt the parent in question would want/expect me to. No real difference.

Surely the difference there is that there’s no reason for you to go into the girls changing room.

Whereas in this case the girl is in the Male changing room because she’s with her dad.

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:54 - Sep 18 with 1316 viewsSpruceMoose

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:46 - Sep 18 by sparks

It seems a bit specific at that age. My perception (and it may be wrong) of drag queens are associated with shows and club culture that is pretty overtly sexual in nature. I wouldnt want a lap dancer to come into the school for a chat.

The Brooklyn Library system runs a Drag Queen story hour, and my understanding of it is that it very much focuses on the ideas of dressing up, make believe and it being ok to be who you are. I'd be fine with something along those lines.

Nobody would want some kind of overtly sexualised thing going on in school.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 18:56]

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:55 - Sep 18 with 1314 viewssparks

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:52 - Sep 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Surely the difference there is that there’s no reason for you to go into the girls changing room.

Whereas in this case the girl is in the Male changing room because she’s with her dad.

At 7- fine. At 15- clearly innappropriate. At 11- its going to be enough to make 9 year old boys very uncomfortable. I think thats too old. And no obvious reason for it.

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:57 - Sep 18 with 1300 viewsFixed_It

When are kids too old to change in the opposite sex changing rooms? on 18:52 - Sep 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I would imagine that at that age she might feel a bit uncomfortable in that environment - as might some of the males sharing the space. Surely she is old enough for a bit of independence getting changed by herself?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024