Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off 20:46 - Sep 18 with 51187 viewsZondervansTash

He has done a lot behind the scenes to upset people and it’s all got rather unsavoury. Two managers already been spoken to.

[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 21:02]
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:19 - Sep 19 with 4796 viewsSuperfrans

I heard murmurs of the same things last night. That Hurst has upset a few behind the scenes, Evans not impressed by that or our form and also doesn’t have much of a relationship with Hurst. What I heard (before the match) was that he has 3 games (that would be 10 games) to sort it out.

Now, I have no track record for trying to impress by revealing “def info”, so make of that what you will, but it comes from someone who is pretty well connected with the high ups in the club.

FWIW, I’d be baffled if Evans was to act so hastily - it isn’t his way of operating, we’ve got a manager who has spent several million quid and is only a handful of games in. It would be crazy imho. But there you go.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:20 - Sep 19 with 4769 viewsOjc

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:17 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

Put it this way, if someone can point me towards a next manager to be sacked Market I’d lump on him

Wow
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:24 - Sep 19 with 4744 viewsblueconscience

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:19 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

I heard murmurs of the same things last night. That Hurst has upset a few behind the scenes, Evans not impressed by that or our form and also doesn’t have much of a relationship with Hurst. What I heard (before the match) was that he has 3 games (that would be 10 games) to sort it out.

Now, I have no track record for trying to impress by revealing “def info”, so make of that what you will, but it comes from someone who is pretty well connected with the high ups in the club.

FWIW, I’d be baffled if Evans was to act so hastily - it isn’t his way of operating, we’ve got a manager who has spent several million quid and is only a handful of games in. It would be crazy imho. But there you go.

“Evans not impressed by that or our form”

You only get what you pay for, cheap raw talent takes longer to come to fruition (apart from the odd gem) than established Championship players.

If he wants better now, he needs to start paying todays championship rates.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:29 - Sep 19 with 4698 viewsBeckets

Put it this way, if someone can point me towards a next manager to be sacked Market I’d lump on him

You can get 5/1 at Unibet I think. I’m also looking for the odds on Tim Sherwood being our next manager.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:33 - Sep 19 with 4674 viewsSuperfrans

If I accepted totally what I heard last night, I agree. But I just don't see Evans being that dumb - unless he is facing a fully fledged revolt, key men like Klug threatening to leave, maybe Walters feeding the negativity back to him.

Evans is so deep into his investment in project Hurst, it would be a massive deal if it were to implode so soon. Just seems so unlikely.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:36 - Sep 19 with 4659 viewsitfcjoe

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:33 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

If I accepted totally what I heard last night, I agree. But I just don't see Evans being that dumb - unless he is facing a fully fledged revolt, key men like Klug threatening to leave, maybe Walters feeding the negativity back to him.

Evans is so deep into his investment in project Hurst, it would be a massive deal if it were to implode so soon. Just seems so unlikely.

I don’t think people realise how bad it is behind he scenes, especially with Bryan Klug and the coaches Evans made a big deal about being involved in the club in his interview.

I agree with what you say, I think he needs more time and Evans has made his bed, then why prolong it as it will always just happen soon anyway. If he waits any longer he ‘risks’ being made to look a bigger fool if Hurst gets a couple of wins

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:38 - Sep 19 with 4635 viewsSuperfrans

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:24 - Sep 19 by blueconscience

“Evans not impressed by that or our form”

You only get what you pay for, cheap raw talent takes longer to come to fruition (apart from the odd gem) than established Championship players.

If he wants better now, he needs to start paying todays championship rates.

The personnel isn't the issue, imho. I'm not saying that we have enough to mount a promotion challenge this season, but we have enough to be winning games and getting out of danger.

Last night Brentford looked absolutely the real deal. They have some excellent players, good technical players, but the thing that really lifted them above us was a system, the confidence of knowing where all your team-mates are, which comes from playing together, building familiarity etc.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:40 - Sep 19 with 4624 viewsReuser_is_God

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:38 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

The personnel isn't the issue, imho. I'm not saying that we have enough to mount a promotion challenge this season, but we have enough to be winning games and getting out of danger.

Last night Brentford looked absolutely the real deal. They have some excellent players, good technical players, but the thing that really lifted them above us was a system, the confidence of knowing where all your team-mates are, which comes from playing together, building familiarity etc.

This, & the fact that, in spells, our players have shown they are good enough.

Brentford looking exactly what they are, a team that has been together a few years now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:42 - Sep 19 with 4595 viewsSuperfrans

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:40 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

This, & the fact that, in spells, our players have shown they are good enough.

Brentford looking exactly what they are, a team that has been together a few years now.

They were superb last night - better than Wolves last season. On that form, if they can keep it up, they'll win the title - although Leeds will have something to say about that.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:52 - Sep 19 with 4545 viewsCurrie10

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:29 - Sep 19 by Beckets

You can get 5/1 at Unibet I think. I’m also looking for the odds on Tim Sherwood being our next manager.

oh don't with Sherwood, that'd be utter car crash
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:58 - Sep 19 with 4498 viewssimoitfc

evans wanted to keep all backroom staff and set up the same as he said in his interview.

if hurst has upset the likes of klug / nash and bart / chambers for whatever reason he could be in tricky ground.

the fact he has spoke already about being sacked is a little worrying
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 09:14 - Sep 19 with 4239 viewsKieran_Knows

Would be a big payout for Evans as Doig and Skitt would follow Hurst, possibly Winder as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 09:36 - Sep 19 with 4138 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:49 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

I wasn't referring to the OP, more the morons this kind of post will encourage!

lulz, yes you were, we all know.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 09:38 - Sep 19 with 4123 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 22:09 - Sep 18 by Ryorry

Yet he was very popular at Shrewsbury for 2 seasons wasn't he? And it's interesting to review his career at Grimsby before that, because he seems to have started that in similar fashion to his time here so far - but ended it rather well with them ...

"Hurst oversaw an overhaul of his squad in the 2014—15 season. In his first full season in charge as sole manager, Hurst signed 7 players on free transfers, along with a total of 10 players on short term (4) and long term (6) loans.[citation needed] Grimsby started the season inconsistently, reaching 11th position with 15 matches played, but after much improvement they ended the campaign in 3rd place, six points behind Conference National champions Barnet.[22]

Hurst clinched promotion with Grimsby in their 3—1 victory over Forest Green Rovers in the 2016 National League play-off Final at Wembley Stadium, seeing Grimsby promoted to League Two after a six-year absence from the Football League.[23][24]" (from Wiki).
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 22:10]

With all due respect to Shrewsbury and Grimsby, Ipswich Town are one of the biggest clubs in the country and both the expectations and the personalities involved are completely different.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 09:48 - Sep 19 with 4073 viewssoupytwist

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:33 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

If it has got to the stage where Klug is considering his position (and let's hope it hasn't) then Evans needs to have a word with himself for potentially appointing two managers who have clashed with Klug when we're supposed to be using the academy to bring through talent.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:06 - Sep 19 with 3982 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 09:38 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

With all due respect to Shrewsbury and Grimsby, Ipswich Town are one of the biggest clubs in the country and both the expectations and the personalities involved are completely different.

Point of Order: We cannot lay claim to being "One of the Biggest Clubs in the Country" (anymore)
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:09 - Sep 19 with 3966 viewsCoastalblue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:06 - Sep 19 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Point of Order: We cannot lay claim to being "One of the Biggest Clubs in the Country" (anymore)

Don't think we ever were. One of the best teams for a long time certainly, but not so sure on one of the biggest clubs.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:15 - Sep 19 with 3936 viewsBinner

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 09:38 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

One of the biggest fifty?
One of the biggest hundred?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:23 - Sep 19 with 3901 viewsPinewoodblue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 09:48 - Sep 19 by soupytwist

If it has got to the stage where Klug is considering his position (and let's hope it hasn't) then Evans needs to have a word with himself for potentially appointing two managers who have clashed with Klug when we're supposed to be using the academy to bring through talent.

There does seem to be some evidence that PH & BK don't see eye to eye. Hurst has been critical of the fitness level of the players pre season,especially the youngsters. It is as if they were fit enough for Klug but not for Hurst. Look at the Dozzell situation. Not sure his comments about some permanent memorial to The Beat appropriate it isn't his place to make such comments.

If Evans has made up his mind a win on Saturday will not influence him. Keane was sacked after reaching a semi final and Magilton after beating Norwich.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:25 - Sep 19 with 3880 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:06 - Sep 19 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Of course we are! We have a 30k capacity stadium, large infrastructure & staff, a wage budget of nearly £20m, a great history, and lots of potential. There are 92 professional clubs and we are in the top 1/3 in terms of size and for the majority of Managers here Ipswich will be the biggest job they ever have. Just because Leeds or Sunderland arent in the Premier League doesnt mean they arent big clubs; same with us.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:33 - Sep 19 with 3814 viewsDanTheMan

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:36 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

I don’t think people realise how bad it is behind he scenes, especially with Bryan Klug and the coaches Evans made a big deal about being involved in the club in his interview.

I agree with what you say, I think he needs more time and Evans has made his bed, then why prolong it as it will always just happen soon anyway. If he waits any longer he ‘risks’ being made to look a bigger fool if Hurst gets a couple of wins

Well that doesn't fill me with confidence...

Please Evans, please can we get a Director of Football so we don't end up in this mess time and time again.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:35 - Sep 19 with 3806 viewsRyorry

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:58 - Sep 19 by simoitfc

evans wanted to keep all backroom staff and set up the same as he said in his interview.

if hurst has upset the likes of klug / nash and bart / chambers for whatever reason he could be in tricky ground.

the fact he has spoke already about being sacked is a little worrying

Bart dropped for playing reasons = not popular decision for obv reasons but a call football managers have to make all the time, and doesn't equate with the kind of statement in thread OP.

Klug not happy would be obvious given PH team selections, loans etc

Chambers didn't seem too unhappy after 94 mins last night.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:36 - Sep 19 with 3798 viewsRyorry

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:38 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

In other words, they've had time.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:39 - Sep 19 with 3776 viewsitfcjoe

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:33 - Sep 19 by DanTheMan

Well that doesn't fill me with confidence...

Please Evans, please can we get a Director of Football so we don't end up in this mess time and time again.

Just need to make Klug and Lee O’Neill Sporting Directors

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:39 - Sep 19 with 4156 viewslegoman85

When a new manager comes in in any job they are going to have there own way of doing things and it's going to ruffle a few feathers as people generally don't like change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024