Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off 20:46 - Sep 18 with 51320 viewsZondervansTash

He has done a lot behind the scenes to upset people and it’s all got rather unsavoury. Two managers already been spoken to.

[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 21:02]
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off (n/t) on 12:04 - Sep 19 with 3725 viewsBogblue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:39 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

What *are* we allowed to talk about, commissar?

[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 12:09]
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:07 - Sep 19 with 3706 viewsBogblue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:59 - Sep 19 by JakeITFC

I’m just not sure that it was as well planned as that.

I get the overwhelming feeling with Hurst that whilst most of the decisions are easy to justify on a case by case basis (each transfer, each sale, dropping Bart etc.), the overall big picture is an unbelievable mess.

Ruffling feathers is fine if you’re going to provide competition. What we’ve done is pissed off our senior pros and then realised that they are a crucial part of keeping us competitive because we’ve lost so much experience.

This is obviously a Hurst problem, but it has to come with the caveat that it’s mental that we’d just let someone new come in and make such wholesale changes (including what seems like a complete disregard for the academy targets).

"What we’ve done is pissed off our senior pros"
One senior pro, Bart, who was dropped on grounds of performance.
Hundreds of similar decisions made over the course of a season within the EFL and Prem.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:08 - Sep 19 with 3691 viewsReuser_is_God

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:58 - Sep 19 by Bueller

I hope he does stick with the second half set up on Saturday, or stick with anything in fact. I will really struggle to get on board with him if there is yet another drastic change up at the weekend. Dont get me wrong I do understand the need to tweak depending on the type of team you are playing etc.

I would go back as far as the Villa game and say we were very well set up and enjoyed the football, not sure what has gone on since then

Yeah totally agree, if Saturdays line up doesn’t resemble the second half from last night he needs serious questioning.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:12 - Sep 19 with 3666 viewsWBBlue18

I have heard that "quite a few people at the club" (not sure if this is players or coaches) are not particularly happy with how Doig operates. The issues appear to be with him not Hurst. I suspect they play good cop / bad cop and the bad cop maybe being a bit too bad / vocal for a few peoples liking - especially if he is trying to handle senior coaching staff in a particular way. How big a deal this is, I've no idea. It could just need a word to reign it in a bit, or or could be more serious or a fundamental approach to his job. No idea. It was a very short conversation with someone passing on a comment made to him from within the club.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:15 - Sep 19 with 3634 viewsJakeITFC

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:07 - Sep 19 by Bogblue

"What we’ve done is pissed off our senior pros"
One senior pro, Bart, who was dropped on grounds of performance.
Hundreds of similar decisions made over the course of a season within the EFL and Prem.

Nope, not just Bart.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:16 - Sep 19 with 3624 viewsITFC_Forever

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:51 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

I hope Hurst turns out to be brilliant but if things continue then Mick will be the only successful senior appointment he has got right out of 5 - Keane, Clegg, Jewell, Mick, Hurst. I want him to sell the club, take the hit, and move on. He can afford it.

The only problem with selling the club is that ME needs a buyer.

And that buyer then needs to be prepared to waste £6-7m a year to keep us at the level we are, and at least double that to improve us sufficiently to give us a shot at the POs.

And then there's putting the money back in to the infrastructure at the club so everything isn't done in the cheapest way possible.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:46 - Sep 19 with 3459 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:16 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

The only problem with selling the club is that ME needs a buyer.

And that buyer then needs to be prepared to waste £6-7m a year to keep us at the level we are, and at least double that to improve us sufficiently to give us a shot at the POs.

And then there's putting the money back in to the infrastructure at the club so everything isn't done in the cheapest way possible.

Loads of buyers out there, just not perhaps ones who would give Evans what he might want. Our club is comparable in size to Southampton, Brighton, Burnley, and bigger than Bournemouth (sorry Bulbeck but its true) Huddersfield and Cardiff. Plenty of potential for someone who gets the basics right.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:53 - Sep 19 with 3431 viewsKieran_Knows

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 07:36 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

I don’t think people realise how bad it is behind he scenes, especially with Bryan Klug and the coaches Evans made a big deal about being involved in the club in his interview.

I agree with what you say, I think he needs more time and Evans has made his bed, then why prolong it as it will always just happen soon anyway. If he waits any longer he ‘risks’ being made to look a bigger fool if Hurst gets a couple of wins

Whilst I will get slated for this, I do know for a fact that Hurst has done a lot behind the scenes just to bring the club in to the 21st century. The gym/gym equipment was a joke, meaning Evans had to fork £50k out on new equipment and both Winder and Skitt couldn’t believe for a Championship club how bad those facilities were (also stating they wouldn’t follow Hurst and Doig unless they upgraded certain areas).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:08 - Sep 19 with 3353 viewsSpruceMoose

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:47 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

Since you missed it;

Point of Order: We cannot lay claim to being "One of the Biggest Clubs in the Country" (anymore)

Of course we are! We have a 30k capacity stadium, large infrastructure & staff, a wage budget of nearly £20m, a great history, and lots of potential. There are 92 professional clubs and we are in the top 1/3 in terms of size and for the majority of Managers here Ipswich will be the biggest job they ever have. Just because Leeds or Sunderland arent in the Premier League doesnt mean they arent big clubs; same with us.

We didn't miss it. It was nonsense the first, and second time, you posted it old boy. We were ignoring to be kind to you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:09 - Sep 19 with 3351 viewsgiant_stow

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:46 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

Loads of buyers out there, just not perhaps ones who would give Evans what he might want. Our club is comparable in size to Southampton, Brighton, Burnley, and bigger than Bournemouth (sorry Bulbeck but its true) Huddersfield and Cardiff. Plenty of potential for someone who gets the basics right.

Have you broken your own rules and partook in some illegal substance or other?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:11 - Sep 19 with 3334 viewsSpruceMoose

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:09 - Sep 19 by giant_stow

Well, at least we can all agree that we are far bigger than Norwich.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 13:11]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:17 - Sep 19 with 3287 viewspablosturn

Most of what has been posted throughout this thread about ruffled feathers, coaches not enjoying working with the pair of them and senior players also unhappy is completely true from what I have heard. I was speaking to one of the academy coaches and also another ex player over the last week or two and both have said that they don't enjoy going in to work now.

The pair of them (PH and CD) apparently have an air of arrogance about the way they are operating, they are aloof and have not gelled with the senior players very well. Their new approach of analytics and fitness, although necessary, has apparently gone too far the other way, losing focus on the basics,
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:19 - Sep 19 with 3257 viewsSpruceMoose

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:17 - Sep 19 by pablosturn

Most of what has been posted throughout this thread about ruffled feathers, coaches not enjoying working with the pair of them and senior players also unhappy is completely true from what I have heard. I was speaking to one of the academy coaches and also another ex player over the last week or two and both have said that they don't enjoy going in to work now.

The pair of them (PH and CD) apparently have an air of arrogance about the way they are operating, they are aloof and have not gelled with the senior players very well. Their new approach of analytics and fitness, although necessary, has apparently gone too far the other way, losing focus on the basics,

I for one am so happy that we have our club back, by the sounds of things.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:22 - Sep 19 with 3234 viewsportmanking

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:19 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

#ANewEra
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:35 - Sep 19 with 3158 viewsSuperfrans

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:17 - Sep 19 by pablosturn

From what I've heard, all this would be fine and acceptable if there was a bond/relationship between Hurst/Evans and Evans was on board with it all. But he isn't.

It was very clear before Hurst/Doig and co came in, that Evans wanted to develop a club structure which would remain in place regardless of manager - a kind of succession plan/structure. If Hurst etc have come in and alienated the key members of that succession plan/structure.

Of course, all of this would be irrelevant if we were top of the table and scoring for fun. But we're far from doing that.

We are 2 games from the 10 game mark and 4 games (just over a fortnight) from the international break. It sounds for all the world that some kind of plan for a reset is being prepared for some point within the fortnight after this Saturday's game.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:37 - Sep 19 with 3140 viewsDanTheMan

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:19 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

It's the #IpswichWay

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:52 - Sep 19 with 3057 viewsRyorry

-35 poster spills "info" which, even if genuine, would means the academy coaches will now be under suspicion and at least one in deep sh1te. Excuse me if I take your revelations with a wheelbarrow of salt.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 14:30 - Sep 19 with 2953 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:47 - Sep 19 by DanTheMan

Not really.

He got lucky with Mick.

Which is why he needs to hand over to someone who can do it better.

Jewell recommended MM. I think Jewell doing that and recognising he couldn't take us forward before it cost us our place in the Championship ends the Jewell vs Keane debate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 14:39 - Sep 19 with 2919 viewsKeno

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 14:30 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Jewell recommended MM. I think Jewell doing that and recognising he couldn't take us forward before it cost us our place in the Championship ends the Jewell vs Keane debate.

Keane was crap and thought he was god

Jewel was just crap and knew it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 17:51 - Sep 19 with 2715 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:08 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

We didn't miss it. It was nonsense the first, and second time, you posted it old boy. We were ignoring to be kind to you.

"I'm ignoring you by replying to you ahahahah"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 17:55 - Sep 19 with 2700 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 13:09 - Sep 19 by giant_stow

It's true luv.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 17:58 - Sep 19 with 2677 viewsSpruceMoose

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 17:51 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

"I'm ignoring you by replying to you ahahahah"

Yeah, your reply doesn't really work. Have a think, come back and have another crack.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 17:59 - Sep 19 with 2683 viewsNorthstandoldie

Just to add my 2 pennyworth (for what it's worth) I was told by a friend who's very good mates with Bart that Hurst is NOT popular at Portman Rd and has upset the senior pros by having the attitude of 'I'm the manager you will do it my way'. If it's true or not I really don't know but why should my mate make it up? (he's not a football fan btw.)
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 18:00 - Sep 19 with 2674 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 17:58 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Yeah, your reply doesn't really work. Have a think, come back and have another crack.

"I'm still ignoring you Chico even though I am replying to you right now ahahahah clever meee"

Incidentally I never asked *you* if you had missed anything since I know you miss almost everything.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 18:02 - Sep 19 with 2977 viewsSpruceMoose

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 18:00 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

"I'm still ignoring you Chico even though I am replying to you right now ahahahah clever meee"

Incidentally I never asked *you* if you had missed anything since I know you miss almost everything.

lol

Blubtastic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024