Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Decision Coming Up... 22:38 - Sep 18 with 12329 viewsBinner

With Nsiala now available who will be in central defence against Bolton?

I would be loath to leave out Chambers. In our present predicament we need his leadership and experience on the pitch.

Since his arrival Pennington has done enough to retain his place.

Nsiala was playing well and looking as solid as any of our defenders before his (unlucky) suspension.

I wouldn't want Chambers to return to right back and, in any case, Donacien is showing signs of making that spot his own.

I don't think playing five across the back suits our squad so I would probably, reluctantly, leave Nsiala on the bench though I would first give it a good deal of thought.

Any other suggestions?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Big Decision Coming Up... on 18:49 - Sep 20 with 2217 viewsMullet

The only thing that needs to change are the results. Nsiala has to bide his time like everyone else.

To start playing favourites in light of say Bart, only undermines Hurst further.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Big Decision Coming Up... on 18:52 - Sep 20 with 2214 viewsKeaneish

Big Decision Coming Up... on 18:36 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Downes making the first mistake does not excuse Pennington making a hash of stopping the ball from going in. He should have cleared it. I like how you won't accept any criticism of any of Hurst's signings, it's sweet.

Relevance? Just stating a fact. The reason we concerned was Downes daily. Ball should be no way near our goal line 3 mins in. Hardly Penningtons fault charging back that he fled up the clearance.

To disprove your weak at best theory, I think Graham is a poor signing now I've seen him despite some bright spells and I've not seen anything of Roberts yet. Harrison needs a run in the same position. Other than that. Lots of positives I think. No Jonathan Douglas' or Jay Tabbs to date...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 19:47 - Sep 20 with 2197 viewsWonky

Agree with Chambers, Pennington. I guess we're assuming Spence will be dropped.
Big Decision Coming Up... on 19:55 - Sep 20 with 2194 viewsHerbivore

Big Decision Coming Up... on 18:52 - Sep 20 by Keaneish

Relevance? Just stating a fact. The reason we concerned was Downes daily. Ball should be no way near our goal line 3 mins in. Hardly Penningtons fault charging back that he fled up the clearance.

To disprove your weak at best theory, I think Graham is a poor signing now I've seen him despite some bright spells and I've not seen anything of Roberts yet. Harrison needs a run in the same position. Other than that. Lots of positives I think. No Jonathan Douglas' or Jay Tabbs to date...

Downes' mistake led to them getting their chance, that doesn't alter the fact that Pennington should have stopped it going in. Had we scored like that I'd be laughing at the opposition defender who fluffed the chance to clear it. That and some dodgy back passes aside he's been good.

What are the lots of positives you're seeing out of interest? We've had some encouraging spells and if you added them up we'd have had about a good game and a half all season. I'm still hopeful we'll get it right but you're seeing things that aren't there and some of your analysis, particularly when you make comparisons with Mick, is hilariously myopic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 20:36 - Sep 20 with 2187 viewsitfcjoe

Big Decision Coming Up... on 19:55 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Downes' mistake led to them getting their chance, that doesn't alter the fact that Pennington should have stopped it going in. Had we scored like that I'd be laughing at the opposition defender who fluffed the chance to clear it. That and some dodgy back passes aside he's been good.

What are the lots of positives you're seeing out of interest? We've had some encouraging spells and if you added them up we'd have had about a good game and a half all season. I'm still hopeful we'll get it right but you're seeing things that aren't there and some of your analysis, particularly when you make comparisons with Mick, is hilariously myopic.

It looked like Pennington maybe could have done a bit better but putting any blame onto him for the goal is mad. Downes gave the ball away then lost his runner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 20:42 - Sep 20 with 2177 viewsm14_blue

Big Decision Coming Up... on 20:36 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

It looked like Pennington maybe could have done a bit better but putting any blame onto him for the goal is mad. Downes gave the ball away then lost his runner

I think Pennington's done well, and should keep his place, but he definitely shoulders some of the blame for that goal.

Went with his wrong foot and messed up what should have been a fairly routine clearance, albeit we should never have been in that position in the first place.
Big Decision Coming Up... on 23:08 - Sep 20 with 2128 viewsHerbivore

Big Decision Coming Up... on 20:42 - Sep 20 by m14_blue

I think Pennington's done well, and should keep his place, but he definitely shoulders some of the blame for that goal.

Went with his wrong foot and messed up what should have been a fairly routine clearance, albeit we should never have been in that position in the first place.

Exactly. I don't get the view that the initial error from Downes absolves Pennington of responsibility for preventing the ball going in.

Big Decision Coming Up... on 03:35 - Sep 21 with 2097 viewsBonchosBicycle

I think Pennington's been one of our best players. You can maybe assign some blame for not clearing off the line. I think he was racing to the goal line and slightly overran it. Generally he's been a rock. Nearly always in the right place at the right time. Very solid.

I have liked Nsiala too. It's a tough call.
Login to get fewer ads

Big Decision Coming Up... on 07:55 - Sep 21 with 2070 viewsKeaneish

Big Decision Coming Up... on 19:55 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Please stop talking about Mick, no one is interested any more. Move on.

I was referring to positive signings in the context of this latest conversation that you've turned into a spat. I think Donacien is showing signs of becoming an excellent signing for us. Nsiala looks to have made the step up well and will only get better. Jackson is beginning to show some of his qualities. Edwards has obvious talent and I liked what I saw from Nolan Tuesday night although he's a slow burner.

I'm done talking about Mick. It bores me to tears. It's a new era. Let's talk about Hurst.

Big Decision Coming Up... on 07:58 - Sep 21 with 2064 viewsHerbivore

Big Decision Coming Up... on 07:55 - Sep 21 by Keaneish

Please stop talking about Mick, no one is interested any more. Move on.

I was referring to positive signings in the context of this latest conversation that you've turned into a spat. I think Donacien is showing signs of becoming an excellent signing for us. Nsiala looks to have made the step up well and will only get better. Jackson is beginning to show some of his qualities. Edwards has obvious talent and I liked what I saw from Nolan Tuesday night although he's a slow burner.

I'm done talking about Mick. It bores me to tears. It's a new era. Let's talk about Hurst.

So why do you mention him so much? It's weird.

Big Decision Coming Up... on 08:39 - Sep 21 with 2046 viewsArnieM

Pennington.... Nsiala ....Chambers....Knudsen

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Big Decision Coming Up... on 08:44 - Sep 21 with 2043 viewsHerbivore

Big Decision Coming Up... on 08:39 - Sep 21 by ArnieM

Pennington.... Nsiala ....Chambers....Knudsen

Why do you want to play a centre back at right back? Haven't we had enough of that over the years?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:06 - Sep 21 with 2030 viewsArnieM

Big Decision Coming Up... on 08:44 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

Why do you want to play a centre back at right back? Haven't we had enough of that over the years?

Opinion! No one allowed to have one other than you again?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:08 - Sep 21 with 2027 viewsKeaneish

Big Decision Coming Up... on 07:58 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

So why do you mention him so much? It's weird.

Pretty sure you injected him into this conversation, again. The fact you've turned it on me is what's weird.

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:10 - Sep 21 with 2024 viewsLankHenners

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:06 - Sep 21 by ArnieM

What is it with people bringing up this lousy line when someone disagrees with them? Your right to an opinion is never in question, it's that people have seen your opinion and think it's a load of rubbish.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:23 - Sep 21 with 2007 viewsKeaneish

Big Decision Coming Up... on 20:36 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

Yeah agreed. Always difficult to clear a ball off the line like that when you're running at pace toward your own goal. I think the lack of options in front of and next to Downes caused the problem - hopefully the last we'll see of that.

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:28 - Sep 21 with 1999 viewsitfcjoe

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:23 - Sep 21 by Keaneish

Yeah agreed. Always difficult to clear a ball off the line like that when you're running at pace toward your own goal. I think the lack of options in front of and next to Downes caused the problem - hopefully the last we'll see of that.

It was just poor play from Downes full stop - Graham was in a very good position to receive the ball and for some inexplicable reason he turns backwards. A total brainfart

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:32 - Sep 21 with 1990 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Big Decision Coming Up... on 04:42 - Sep 20 by textbackup

in maybe 2/3 seasons the best CM performance I saw in a blue shirt was loanee right back foley vs Nottingham forest.

Foley wasn窶冲 a loanee

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:35 - Sep 21 with 1987 viewsKeaneish

He doesn't like it if you don't tow the line with his rhetoric, gets all antsy.

Donacien starts for me so i'd have a back four of:

Donacien - Nsiala - Chambers - Knudsen

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:36 - Sep 21 with 1985 viewsHerbivore

I'm not the one getting arsey when someone disagrees with them, mate.

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:37 - Sep 21 with 1982 viewsHerbivore

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:08 - Sep 21 by Keaneish

Pretty sure you injected him into this conversation, again. The fact you've turned it on me is what's weird.

I've only mentioned him in reference to the comparisons that you've kept making of late. We've all seen it so I'll leave it at that. Glad you're going to games again and enjoying yourself.

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:57 - Sep 21 with 1971 viewsHerbivore

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:35 - Sep 21 by Keaneish

He doesn't like it if you don't tow the line with his rhetoric, gets all antsy.

Donacien starts for me so i'd have a back four of:

Donacien - Nsiala - Chambers - Knudsen

Nasty? Give it a rest, dear. I asked him why he wanted to play a CB at right back and rather than answering he threw a hissy fit.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 10:02]

Big Decision Coming Up... on 10:00 - Sep 21 with 1970 viewschicoazul

Pretty sure Pennington will play, the other position is up for debate, or Hurst may go mad again and try 3 at the back.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 10:42 - Sep 21 with 1943 viewsmathiemagic

Big Decision Coming Up... on 06:13 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I give up trying to understand what people see.

Pennington has been absolutely immense since joining and people would drop him!

Couldnt agree more. I know it boils down to everyones own opinion but Pennington has been our standout player since joining IMHO. I would start the same team that played the second half the other night. Nsiala can be on the bench or you would drop Chambers rather than Pennington. Chambo's time at the Club is probably not that long away so maybe Nsiala should be given the chance. Harsh on Chambo i know but decisions have to be made at times.

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

Big Decision Coming Up... on 11:20 - Sep 21 with 1924 viewsKeaneish

Big Decision Coming Up... on 09:57 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

Nasty? Give it a rest, dear. I asked him why he wanted to play a CB at right back and rather than answering he threw a hissy fit.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 10:02]

I said antsy. Nasty is an anagram of antsy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024