Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spence 23:11 - Sep 18 with 1253 viewsRobbie12345

Firstly he was average today, imo he did not stand out as terrible and does not warrent the abuse based on today.

It is no wander why he didn’t have the best of games though, with many abusing him around me before he had kicked a ball. Sure what he did at Hull was unacceptable under any circumstances, he played alright vs Norwich. One of the many embarrasing things our toxic ”support” did. Good luck Blue Action on Sat, we really need you right now..

He has made as many terrible mistakes leading to goals as goals himself or assists. If he is going to score more than others do, for me he gets more patience. Lets see if Donacien scores this year, I can’t see it personally.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Spence on 23:21 - Sep 18 with 1227 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I do not dislike Spence and think he has received much unfair criticism.

His mistake against Hull was very poor (as poor as Downes' and Pennington's for the first goal).

I thought he was very poor today. I did not realise that was against a backdrop of his own fans abusing him. If that is the case, they are as responsible for his performance as he is. Every player needs confidence and their own fans giving them abuse is bound to knock it. Dreadful support if that is the case.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Spence on 23:33 - Sep 18 with 1203 viewsRobbie12345

Spence on 23:21 - Sep 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

I do not dislike Spence and think he has received much unfair criticism.

His mistake against Hull was very poor (as poor as Downes' and Pennington's for the first goal).

I thought he was very poor today. I did not realise that was against a backdrop of his own fans abusing him. If that is the case, they are as responsible for his performance as he is. Every player needs confidence and their own fans giving them abuse is bound to knock it. Dreadful support if that is the case.

Agree he was poor but no more poor than most of the rest of them.

Yeah there was a group near me who abused him before he touched the ball and were then silent the second half, like they turned up to abuse him, to be honest I have heard the exact same before too with Spence.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Spence on 23:36 - Sep 18 with 1196 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Spence on 23:33 - Sep 18 by Robbie12345

Agree he was poor but no more poor than most of the rest of them.

Yeah there was a group near me who abused him before he touched the ball and were then silent the second half, like they turned up to abuse him, to be honest I have heard the exact same before too with Spence.

Yes, it happens and I hate it when it does. Knudsen is another of the targets.

That said, I think Spence was worse today. His back pass for the first corner. He played the ball into the middle in front of our area straight to their player later on and there were a couple of other mistakes. Others were not great but that first half was very poor from him.

Spence on 23:43 - Sep 18 with 1174 viewsGarv

Spence on 23:36 - Sep 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, it happens and I hate it when it does. Knudsen is another of the targets.

That said, I think Spence was worse today. His back pass for the first corner. He played the ball into the middle in front of our area straight to their player later on and there were a couple of other mistakes. Others were not great but that first half was very poor from him.

The bad back pass was Pennington in fairness.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Spence on 23:46 - Sep 18 with 1172 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Spence on 23:43 - Sep 18 by Garv

The bad back pass was Pennington in fairness.

Yes, it was. You are right so probably fair Spence was not much worse than him.

Also it is fair comment that he was not playing in his natural position.

Spence on 00:06 - Sep 19 with 1144 viewscasanovacrow

It wasn't one of his better games but I wonder how much of his performance was hindered by the system in the 1st half?
He was very isolated and often had players double up down that side with very little support.
Spence on 00:11 - Sep 19 with 1132 viewsSpruceMoose

Suck it up Jordan, you were pants tonight.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Spence on 08:18 - Sep 19 with 1040 viewsWBBlue18

Spence on 00:11 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Suck it up Jordan, you were pants tonight.

Agreed. He had the look of a rabbit in the headlights almost form the word go. Spent a lot of time looking around him as if unsure where he was or what he was doing. It was as if he was concussed. Very strange. There was also another similar incident to Saturday when he stopped instead of clearing the ball: Pennington(?) played him the ball to run onto to take forward. He watched it, the attacker came cross him from the right and instead of quickly reacting and at least clearing it, he stopped in his tracks and allowed the striker to take it off him and move into the penalty area. Just very strange. He had to be taken off. Not at the races. How much has that mistake on Saturday affected him mentally? I suspect a period out of the team to rebuild confidence. The idea of him being able to play through it (as he should being an experienced member of the squad), looks unlikely to work given last nights performance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024