Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days 14:49 - Sep 19 with 9164 viewsLuk38644

A post claiming Evan is going to sack Hurst because he's 'a bit too brash' appears at half-time last night and the whole place goes batsh*t crazy. It was clearly a reactionary post to the gutless first half performance, and while the OP has previous for getting things right, he's also got previous for being wrong. The second half shows that if Hurst doesn;t stray from his preferred system, team and plan, we'll start to see things coming together, and if Evans was to sack Hurst for 'changing things' even though that's what was required, then I'm done with him for good, and I imagine alot of other people would too.

Don't try telling me some of the senior players don't like PH. Look at Chambo, Knudsen and Skuse celebrating Jackson's goal last night, not much of a divide between the new/old players is there. The fact there are actually people on Facebook, Twitter and here actually entertaining the though of sacking a manager after 8 games into a new season disgusts me tbh, it makes me hate the modern football fan. Mick gets two seasons of patience, Hurst gets 8 games. Madness.

Adding to that, last night also helped show that a camel is a horse designed by a committee. People were calling for two up front, they got it, people were calling for wing backs, they got it, and we looked absolute sh*t. I hope we never try five-at-the-back again unless we are going to play proper technical wing-backs instead of full-backs. Undr Mick, we would have stuck with the system and hoped for a change of fortunes through grit and effort, but thankfully, Hurst identified the problem, made some ballsy changes and admitted he was wrong. What a refreshing change. A manager who openly discusses his thinking, admits he can get it wrong and sorts it out.

The second half was a sign of exactly what happens when you show some patience and stick with the plan. We were playing 2nd in the league who looked impressive in possession, and we took the game to them, nullified them for large periods and looked capable of winning it. Replacing Spence was a must, he had and has had a complete shocker of late and we need to keep Donacien in the team. Harrison looked completely lost at times and Jackson showed exactly what a striker short of supply should do... run your bloody a*se off. Nolan linked up the play to Jackson very well, the wingers kept Brentford's full-backs deep, Ward looked a completely different beast taking people on and the goal has come from a bit of quick passing out wide and a lovely cross from Trev and a good run from Jackson. That is exactly what we need to strive for, not matching teams up with 5-at-the-back, but stick with our game, take it to teams and we'll be fine.

To me, that second half says we must show patience and must persist with Hurst's preferred system. All this panicking and jumping the gun is far too early. 8 games. Mid-September. And some fans want him gone. It'll come. Hurst made a mistake in that first half, he acknowledged it, identified it, changed it and got it right in the second half. I can see us tonking Bolton on Saturday if we lineup with the team that finished the game.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:50 - Sep 19 with 3568 viewsBenters2

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:52 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

"The second half was a sign of exactly what happens when you show some patience and stick with the plan. "

But the plan was 3-5-2 at the start of the game, so that plan wasn't stuck too......

"People were calling for two up front, they got it, people were calling for wing backs, they got it"

So you're adding to that now then, people are calling for exact second half team to start on saturday
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 14:56]

I make you right
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:53 - Sep 19 with 3563 viewsrayman_10

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:06 - Sep 19 by Luk38644

Yep, Hurst has complete free reign, I agree, and I criticise him when he gets it wrong, like his lineup last night, and that first half. That was down to Hurst.

That said, you need to give credit where it's deserved, something you could learn to do. H changed it, reverted to his ORIGINAL plan and brought on some attack minded players. That's my point, he should have stuck with his original system the entire time, but didn't and we suffered for it.

Stick with the original plan, it will come together.

How dare you post on this forum with your sensible, positive thinking.

Not what this platform is about.

COYB

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:54 - Sep 19 with 3556 viewsBenters2

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:19 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Honestly. We could be in the play off final and you would be moaning we weren't Champions. In fact we could probably be Champions and you'd be moaning that we didn't get more points.

Bore off

I like the cut of his Jib
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:55 - Sep 19 with 3550 viewsBenters2

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:42 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

You should because you find it difficult to hold a discussion with someone who doesn't agree with you..

I think he is a manbaby
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:59 - Sep 19 with 3531 viewsSpruceMoose

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:55 - Sep 19 by Benters2

I think he is a manbaby

Well, we all have opinions. I think you're a skidmark, for example.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:01 - Sep 19 with 3531 viewsSwansea_Blue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:35 - Sep 19 by Luk38644

This is your problem. You don't go. You don't see the performances. You just look at the table and the wins column and decide it's all sh*t, where as if you were there last night, you'd see that the way we played second half is exactly the way forward for us, and that Hurst can and will get it right.

There's a lot to that, which is why I tend to keep my mouth shut about players and the results. You can't get a feeling from highlights at all. It's not even easy watching the game on the box. You really do need to be there to fully appreciate what's going on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:03 - Sep 19 with 3525 viewsitfcjoe

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:43 - Sep 19 by BlueBadger

The most laughable aspect of that whole 'Hurst is too brash for Evans' is that it relies on you forgetting that Evans employed Roy Keane for the thick end of two years.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 15:48]

Maybe, and I know it seems a leap, just maybe he actually learned from that experience

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:03 - Sep 19 with 3525 viewsLuk38644

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:01 - Sep 19 by Swansea_Blue

There's a lot to that, which is why I tend to keep my mouth shut about players and the results. You can't get a feeling from highlights at all. It's not even easy watching the game on the box. You really do need to be there to fully appreciate what's going on.

I mean no disrespect by it of course, but i've found myself saying to various people I know who don't go that you have to be there watching it to see that things have and look like they will come together, even if we haven't won yet.

People who didn't go last night didn't see the bulk of that second half, or the performance against Villa with 10 men.
Login to get fewer ads

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:06 - Sep 19 with 3513 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:03 - Sep 19 by Luk38644

I mean no disrespect by it of course, but i've found myself saying to various people I know who don't go that you have to be there watching it to see that things have and look like they will come together, even if we haven't won yet.

People who didn't go last night didn't see the bulk of that second half, or the performance against Villa with 10 men.

What do you mean those that didn't go didn't see the second half

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:09 - Sep 19 with 3503 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Its a great summary. PH knows he got it wrong, I was I little bit stunned by the team selection. But Hurst recognised it and changed it which is a good sign of a good manager.

I have had a few worries surrounding PH but the 2nd half washed them away for me last night and a full 90 minutes against Bolton of similar nature will solidify this.

- I didn't like the transfer business over the summer. And I think if he had the chance PH would do this differently if he had 7 million to use again.
- 4-1-4-1 is not for me, too negative, leaves little going forward. But 4-2-3-1 is a different story.
- A couple of ropey performances at Hull and first half seemed as though PH had strayed away from his principles to more of a MM approach.

BUT for me the 'lightbulb' moment last night is a turning point for PH, the players and the hopefully the fans react positively to this as well.

Also your 4th paragraph summary of the second half was 100% spot on.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:12 - Sep 19 with 3491 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:09 - Sep 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Its a great summary. PH knows he got it wrong, I was I little bit stunned by the team selection. But Hurst recognised it and changed it which is a good sign of a good manager.

I have had a few worries surrounding PH but the 2nd half washed them away for me last night and a full 90 minutes against Bolton of similar nature will solidify this.

- I didn't like the transfer business over the summer. And I think if he had the chance PH would do this differently if he had 7 million to use again.
- 4-1-4-1 is not for me, too negative, leaves little going forward. But 4-2-3-1 is a different story.
- A couple of ropey performances at Hull and first half seemed as though PH had strayed away from his principles to more of a MM approach.

BUT for me the 'lightbulb' moment last night is a turning point for PH, the players and the hopefully the fans react positively to this as well.

Also your 4th paragraph summary of the second half was 100% spot on.

t Hurst recognised it and changed it which is a good sign of a good manager

See this is the bit that bugs me.

After the hull game everyone was bemoaning the fact he didnt change it when needed. In one game he makes a change and all of a sudden it's a sign that he's going to be a good manager. Make your minds up.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:14 - Sep 19 with 3493 viewstextbackup

Too many care about being right than supporting the club/team.

Pr1cks like frimley that don’t even go to Games

By all means have an opinion but ffs....

I was anti MM, but my god I never wanted to be more wrong in my life, desperate for it to work, I want nothing more than a fan base getting some joy from what happens on the pitch

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:15 - Sep 19 with 3488 viewsjaykay

as i said on another thread if hurst his still here easter then this deffo info,sources close to the club , the word is ,etc etc is all bullsh**t . people want people to think they in the know and others just jumping on the bandwagon. if he gone by easter then some people were in the know. so it will be good to see the outcome. they can either crow see i was right or they were full of hot air

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:18 - Sep 19 with 3474 viewsblueysbackside

Couldn’t agree more.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:32 - Sep 19 with 3451 viewsLeagueOne

These days?

Didn't someone make up a fictional story on here about a Dutch consortium a few years back taking over from Evans in a deal being organised by an ex-Swansea Season Ticket holder that went viral and tons of supporters swallowed as legitimate?

It was absolutely hilarious how people fell for such a blatant wind up!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:41 - Sep 19 with 3426 viewsEireannach_gorm

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:59 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Well, we all have opinions. I think you're a skidmark, for example.

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:42 - Sep 19 with 3420 viewsshamboy

Never underestimate the infuence of a Dad whose son is not getting a game.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 17:03 - Sep 19 with 3377 viewshadleighboyblue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:59 - Sep 19 by Luk38644

Last night wasn't a plan, it was matching up Brentford. It didn't suit us at all. The plan from the start of the season was 4141/4231. I was pissed off Hurst blinked last night and succumbed to the 'two-up-front' and 'wing-backs' obsession. We saw under MM it doesn't work without proper attack minded and technical wing-backs. We don't have them.

Stick to the plan that was successful at Shrewsbury. Let Hurst do his thing. Too many, including you, are too keen to jump on every little thing. These things take time and if I'm honest, the people I've seen jumping on his back at every opportunity have been sceptical of him since day 1. Give it a f*cking chance.

Oh shock, Currie and Micknose have arrived.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 14:59]

Well said in your original post Luke . Nice to read something positive

There are some people just happy to stick the knife in and stir things up for some reason

I came away last night thinking we got and deserved a hard earned point against a confident top of the table team and I enjoyed the 2nd half effort and performance and , as you say , PH deserves credit for changing things at half time

It was always going to be a tough season , but PH deserves time and I honestly think he will get there .

After the dross and nastiness of recent seasons , I really hoped we could all get behind the new manager and the players and listening to the crowd last night most did just that , so it's hard to understand these negative posts by certain individuals who seem to have an agenda .
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 17:12 - Sep 19 with 3357 viewssundaze

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:14 - Sep 19 by textbackup

I was anti MM, but my god I never wanted to be more wrong in my life, desperate for it to work, I want nothing more than a fan base getting some joy from what happens on the pitch

Agreed. Some people seem to have trouble making a point, they make multiple posts, all negative, desperate to be seen as a supporter with superior football knowledge.
I don't look at other clubs fan forums, but I can't believe that despite being bottom of the Premier league and with only one point from five games, Burnley fans are desperate to replace Sean Dyche.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, it is just becoming tedious when they have to post the same drivel in every post and turn a positive into a negative.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 20:01 - Sep 19 with 3286 viewspeterleeblue

Brilliant Post. Couldn't have put it better myself. Those Evans is getting rid of Hurts post were social media at its worst. Delivered by complete imbeciles.

And is if by magic the Evans has had enough post currently resides directly below this one!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 20:02]
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 20:31 - Sep 19 with 3254 viewsMelford

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 16:14 - Sep 19 by textbackup

Said this the minute he walked through the door. People will be on his back from day one, jumping on every negative so they can emerge on here as some kind of football Nostradamus months later telling everyone who was stupid enough to be positive we all were about the new manager and players coming in how clueless they are about football and they could see what was going to happen. I was thinking about setting up a 'comedy' account here slagging everything PH did right from the start, but I'm not that sad. Give it a few weeks and people are doing it for real.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 20:44 - Sep 19 with 3237 viewsBrixtonBlue

Superb post Luke.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 3230 viewsPositivelyPortman

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:04 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

When you set your side out, it's your game plan.

I've seen some posts about 2 up top, but I can't remember seeing any about wingbacks, so I'm not actually sure why that keeps popping up.

"Let Hurst do his thing. Too many, including you, are too keen to jump on every little thing. "

I'm not sat next to him saying no no, do it like this. Hurst has all the free reign to run the side how he wishes.

Dick.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 3229 viewsRyorry

The voice of sanity - thanks Luk

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 21:10 - Sep 19 with 3194 viewsBrixtonBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:54 - Sep 19 by Currie10

Which plan do you want to stick with ?

A B C D E F G

Mick McCarthy = BC
Paul Jewell = CD
Roy Keane = F off

So far Hurst = A?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024