Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today 18:21 - Sep 19 with 6224 viewsthebooks

Pretty low, I reckon. Hope it was none of you lot
Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 11:21 - Sep 20 with 1002 viewsPinewoodblue

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 10:48 - Sep 20 by No9

Disgraceful conduct trying to profit from Town's greatest players death, absolutely disgraceful.

Happened with the free tribute to Sir Bobby Robson as well.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 11:28 - Sep 20 with 992 viewsflimflam

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 21:26 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

As said elsewhere, I think there was a lot of that. I got to Planet Blue at 7pm and they had sold out already. It was also a lot busier around the ground than it usually is at that time.

Given the weather and the occasion, while it was not a big crowd, those who did go seemed to be at the ground much earlier than usual. Fanzone was pretty busy pre-match.

I bought one from one of the kiosks outside the ground at almost 7.30 and he had a stack full still left!

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 11:56 - Sep 20 with 977 viewsBluebell

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 23:28 - Sep 19 by north_stand77

None available when I tried to buy one last night, despite being sent on a wild goose chase by staff to visit or her Kiosks and Planet Blue after the game

What would be a good idea is if they printed some extras and had them for sale, in addition to Saturday's programme

That would be a good idea. We tried to buy one but none of the kiosks had them.

I wasn't too upset as we never usually buy one so it was probably unfair to try to buy when people who always buy one couldn't get one either.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 11:59]
Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 11:58 - Sep 20 with 976 viewsSwansea_Blue

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 18:28 - Sep 19 by factual_blue

You have just discovered capitalism.

And judging by the responses on here, most of us don't have a taste for it. When does the revolution start?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 13:03 - Sep 20 with 944 viewstractorgirls

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 10:48 - Sep 20 by No9

Disgraceful conduct trying to profit from Town's greatest players death, absolutely disgraceful.

no, it is profiteering from an increased need for programmes against a low printed stock of them. Not really anything to do with Beattie the idea of selling them is because there is a demand for them.

Poll: Good, Bad, Ugly?

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 13:23 - Sep 20 with 923 viewsusm

How much do you want ?

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 13:25 - Sep 20 with 920 viewsusm

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 21:23 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

I do think a fair few people bought two or three for friends who couldn’t make it. I bought an extra couple for people who asked on here. They’re giving £20 each for them...

Joking!!!!

Oi, I thought you said £15.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 13:38 - Sep 20 with 905 viewsVaughan8

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 21:14 - Sep 19 by tractorgirls

or it could be that sales have been much lower in the past 12/24 months it was not cost effective to print the same quantity as in previous years. When a big game or a programme like yesterdays comes along then there is the demand but not the quantity. I dare say we will not sell out of programmes against Bolton.

FWIW I bought 3 whereas I normally buy 1..... One for the old man, one for my uncle and one for me.

If the club didn't have enough, they are a bit thick. It was fairly obvious more would be sold. Getting 4 times the usual amount probably wouldn't have cost a lot more and they charge £3 a copy. It probably barely costs 20p a copy to make? Even if 50p, still 600% profit. They could have just done the extra for this one game?

As you said, you got one for other people and you weren't the only ones.

Selling on eBay is a bit odd. How much can you really make? Maybe some desperate people are paying £15-20.
Login to get fewer ads

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 13:40 - Sep 20 with 901 viewsitfcjoe

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 13:38 - Sep 20 by Vaughan8

If the club didn't have enough, they are a bit thick. It was fairly obvious more would be sold. Getting 4 times the usual amount probably wouldn't have cost a lot more and they charge £3 a copy. It probably barely costs 20p a copy to make? Even if 50p, still 600% profit. They could have just done the extra for this one game?

As you said, you got one for other people and you weren't the only ones.

Selling on eBay is a bit odd. How much can you really make? Maybe some desperate people are paying £15-20.

It seems anything commercial with the club ends like this...

They'd rather print and sell 1000 copies than print 2000 and only sell 1950 of them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 13:45 - Sep 20 with 885 viewsVaughan8

Buying programmes from last night to put on eBay today on 13:40 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

It seems anything commercial with the club ends like this...

They'd rather print and sell 1000 copies than print 2000 and only sell 1950 of them

Yes. Its got worse over the years. Completely agree. They seem to have no commercial "brain".

I remember they brought that limited addition white kit out when we played Crystal Palace and I think they only made 500 or so? When really they could have sold a few thousand.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024