Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd referendum 22:49 - Sep 19 with 11136 viewsBluefish

Is the only possible next step. I would however pander to the morons and their democracy, I would give 2 options again but this time round I would demand that both sides are fully explained 1st. The options would be hard or soft brexit and I'm sat this as a fierce remainer, I would love to have remain as an option and run it again with clear definitions but it would never be accepted.

How can anyone that apparently believes in democracy not want this complete mess resolved by a public vote to clear it up?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

2nd referendum on 16:39 - Sep 20 with 909 viewsm14_blue

2nd referendum on 16:33 - Sep 20 by pickles110564

They all stated from the remain side that Leave meant Leaving everything.

Clegg also stated that it was a once in a lifetime voted which he now denies he said.

The remain side were a bunch of idiots, no arguments with that here.

However, no one said leaving meant crashing out without a deal, unless you've managed to find a quote? That is completely different to leaving the customs union, ECJ etc which I agree most agreed would be part of a leave vote.

A no deal is now being touted as a plausible, acceptable route to go down, it was never even suggested as a possibility by most if the leave side prior to the vote as they knew it would have been electoral suicide.

I don't want another vote, for many of the reasons mentioned by LL in the other thread, but let's not kid ourselves - no deal Brexit will be disastrous for the poorest and most vulnerable in our society. It's a project of the rich elite for the rich elite and everyone else is collateral damage in their ideological war.
2nd referendum on 16:40 - Sep 20 with 906 viewsNo9

2nd referendum on 16:17 - Sep 20 by pickles110564

It is not crashing out with a deal, we will be under WTO.
It was explained clearly at the time if we voted Leave it would mean leave in its entirety.

It did not say that we would still be under their rules and jurisdiction.

Have you read the WTO rules? do you understand them?

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/fact2_e.htm

How do you believe the Uk will cope with the imposition of the tariffs that will be applied -
How long will it take to get into the WTO rules and how will the Uk deal with leaving behind the many deals that exist only because of membership of the UK?

Did you know any of this when you voted?
2nd referendum on 16:42 - Sep 20 with 899 viewspickles110564

2nd referendum on 16:39 - Sep 20 by m14_blue

The remain side were a bunch of idiots, no arguments with that here.

However, no one said leaving meant crashing out without a deal, unless you've managed to find a quote? That is completely different to leaving the customs union, ECJ etc which I agree most agreed would be part of a leave vote.

A no deal is now being touted as a plausible, acceptable route to go down, it was never even suggested as a possibility by most if the leave side prior to the vote as they knew it would have been electoral suicide.

I don't want another vote, for many of the reasons mentioned by LL in the other thread, but let's not kid ourselves - no deal Brexit will be disastrous for the poorest and most vulnerable in our society. It's a project of the rich elite for the rich elite and everyone else is collateral damage in their ideological war.

I agree no one stated that but how can you be sure / why the poorest and most vulnerable will be hit by a no deal?
2nd referendum on 16:51 - Sep 20 with 888 viewspickles110564

2nd referendum on 16:40 - Sep 20 by No9

Have you read the WTO rules? do you understand them?

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/fact2_e.htm

How do you believe the Uk will cope with the imposition of the tariffs that will be applied -
How long will it take to get into the WTO rules and how will the Uk deal with leaving behind the many deals that exist only because of membership of the UK?

Did you know any of this when you voted?

Whoever applies tariffs to us will have exactly the same added to them so will be of no benefit for them to add them.
Do you think BMW etc will want punitive tariffs adding to their vehicles? Go down any street and see the majority of new cars, they are mostly all German makes.

I voted to leave everything to do with the EU, if everyone knew what was coming with the EU we would not have voted to join them. We voted to join the common market not being part of a non elected group of individuals that want to make it impossible for anyone to make decisions for their own countries.
It will not be long before this corrupt organisation comes crashing down.
2nd referendum on 17:01 - Sep 20 with 875 viewsm14_blue

2nd referendum on 16:42 - Sep 20 by pickles110564

I agree no one stated that but how can you be sure / why the poorest and most vulnerable will be hit by a no deal?

Because they're always the worst hit when the economy takes a dip.
2nd referendum on 17:30 - Sep 20 with 854 viewsNo9

2nd referendum on 16:51 - Sep 20 by pickles110564

Whoever applies tariffs to us will have exactly the same added to them so will be of no benefit for them to add them.
Do you think BMW etc will want punitive tariffs adding to their vehicles? Go down any street and see the majority of new cars, they are mostly all German makes.

I voted to leave everything to do with the EU, if everyone knew what was coming with the EU we would not have voted to join them. We voted to join the common market not being part of a non elected group of individuals that want to make it impossible for anyone to make decisions for their own countries.
It will not be long before this corrupt organisation comes crashing down.

I take it that is a, "No I don't understand WTO rules" as you rant is very wide of the mark & shows complete ignorance of the issues at stake.
2nd referendum on 20:01 - Sep 20 with 812 viewsWicksy

2nd referendum on 09:12 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

So you are saying all 52% voted for the same thing? They are enormous variables on how far we go to destroy our finances and jobs. We get the bit that they don't want foreigners living here but that is the only part

Not 52% - about 37% leave, 36% remain and 27% couldn't be arsed

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024