Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? 22:53 - Sep 19 with 7895 viewstpsontour

14,444 ITFC fans in the ground last night (attendance 14,879, 453 away fans).

Last season 14,575 ITFC fans (attendance 15,348, 773 away fans) there for the same fixture.

This season was a Tues rather than a Sat and there is now the Sky red button. But last night's turn-out was presumably boosted by some attending to pay tribute to the Beat.

All we heard last season was people promising to return to Portman Road in their droves when Mick left.

So where are they?

Maybe they've realised that watching a team regularly fail to win football matches isn't any more entertaining?
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:54 - Sep 20 with 968 viewsSuperfrans

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:26 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect the people that said they wouldn't go because Mick was here are the same sorts of people who won't go if we're not doing well.

The one thing that drives crowds is competing at the top of the table and winning stuff. For every club there's a core who go regardless, and then thousands of floaters.

Those people used to be known as "glory hunters"...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 11:13 - Sep 20 with 958 viewsrickw

I think fans will start to return when we start getting some wins - I don't mean we need to be top of the league and winning every game, just winning our share so fans believe we can win whenever we go. Who honestly thought we could win after that performance at Hull?

Anyway weren't our attendances around 12k for Tuesday night games last season, so they've gone up a little even with the red button.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 11:18 - Sep 20 with 950 viewsWestSussexBlue

This stay away accusation on fans is to be fair inaccurate.
Look at the facts, Despite big changes over the past few months we are yet to see any real improvement on the field.
We sit bottom of the league where let’s be fair at this stage we deserve to be.
No I’m not anti Hurst or calling for change already, far from it. Given time we’ll be fine and moving well clear of the bottom but as it stands currently that’s the deal and fans won’t be flocking to PR on a Tuesday night forking out Close to 40 quid.
Also bear in mind the last time Town we’re seriously exciting to watch and a real attraction was 98,99,00 seasons.
These lads and lasses are now 18,19 and 20 and have never seen an attraction to head to PR let alone on a September evening.
For me at 18 I was doing all I could to be there as The John Lyall era gathered pace.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 11:23 - Sep 20 with 944 viewsHerbivore

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 11:18 - Sep 20 by WestSussexBlue

This stay away accusation on fans is to be fair inaccurate.
Look at the facts, Despite big changes over the past few months we are yet to see any real improvement on the field.
We sit bottom of the league where let’s be fair at this stage we deserve to be.
No I’m not anti Hurst or calling for change already, far from it. Given time we’ll be fine and moving well clear of the bottom but as it stands currently that’s the deal and fans won’t be flocking to PR on a Tuesday night forking out Close to 40 quid.
Also bear in mind the last time Town we’re seriously exciting to watch and a real attraction was 98,99,00 seasons.
These lads and lasses are now 18,19 and 20 and have never seen an attraction to head to PR let alone on a September evening.
For me at 18 I was doing all I could to be there as The John Lyall era gathered pace.

It's not inaccurate, you're just finding reasons for it. There's a difference.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 12:08 - Sep 20 with 920 viewsTractorWood

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:16 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

People said they would go ............. they haven't.

I've been more since he left. Not because I hated MM and wanted him out viciously but because the club didn't seem to have a plan or direction. I'm happy to give Hurst time as long as we don't get cut adrift around the new year. Putting a manager out of their misery after 20 matches when it's clearly not working is a different thing to being trigger happy, at least in my warped world.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 13:11 - Sep 20 with 900 viewsBecclesITFC

Sadly people get into a habit of not going. It often takes a lot to bring them back.

I've been gong for 18 years as a ST holder. If i stopped going i'm pretty sure i will get involved with something else.

When people stop going to football they don't sit in an arm chair fiddling with themselves waiting for things to get better with ITFC so they can go again. People generally find other things to do and it takes a lot to get away from that, just as it would take a lot to stop me going to football.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 13:38 - Sep 20 with 880 viewsCurrie10

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 13:11 - Sep 20 by BecclesITFC

Sadly people get into a habit of not going. It often takes a lot to bring them back.

I've been gong for 18 years as a ST holder. If i stopped going i'm pretty sure i will get involved with something else.

When people stop going to football they don't sit in an arm chair fiddling with themselves waiting for things to get better with ITFC so they can go again. People generally find other things to do and it takes a lot to get away from that, just as it would take a lot to stop me going to football.

Oh I fully get life goes on, but you'd still attend time to time!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024