Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? 22:53 - Sep 19 with 7897 viewstpsontour

14,444 ITFC fans in the ground last night (attendance 14,879, 453 away fans).

Last season 14,575 ITFC fans (attendance 15,348, 773 away fans) there for the same fixture.

This season was a Tues rather than a Sat and there is now the Sky red button. But last night's turn-out was presumably boosted by some attending to pay tribute to the Beat.

All we heard last season was people promising to return to Portman Road in their droves when Mick left.

So where are they?

Maybe they've realised that watching a team regularly fail to win football matches isn't any more entertaining?
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:47 - Sep 20 with 2368 viewsitfcjoe

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:32 - Sep 20 by Superfrans

I was surprised how few Bees fans there were there on Tuesday, just over 400 or so, given how well they're doing, how close we are etc. But they only brought 700 odd when they last came (on a Saturday) according to the OP, so they obviously just don't have a very big away following.

They've got Arsenal away in the cup next week and apparently been really pushing that game amongst fan base so guess for many they are having a big day for that one and can't do 2 in 7 days

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:49 - Sep 20 with 2368 viewshtb

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:42 - Sep 20 by Coastalblue

I agree with you, and went Tuesday, but I'm self employed again these days and if I'm lucky I'm working close to home or between home and Ipswich giving me a sub two hour drive most times.

I cover anywhere in the country South of Manchester so sometimes to get to a midweek game literally requires a day off, unpaid.

I guess I agree with you and the posts above, if you're a reasonable distance away then it's hard to justify not going if you've claimed you will (I went less and less toward the end of MM's time as I simply wasn't enjoying it) but Town does have support across a wide spread area and it's not always easy for ll of us to be there.

I have been to every home game this season and have enjoyed it. I stopped going during the last two years under MaCarthy because I found the football and atmosphere totally boring.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:50 - Sep 20 with 2368 viewsRadlett_blue

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:32 - Sep 20 by Superfrans

I was surprised how few Bees fans there were there on Tuesday, just over 400 or so, given how well they're doing, how close we are etc. But they only brought 700 odd when they last came (on a Saturday) according to the OP, so they obviously just don't have a very big away following.

Brentford have averaged only 10,000 at home games since they were promoted and before that were lucky to get 7,000 so 400 away fans on a Tuesday evening isn't too bad IMO.
As a club they punch hugely above their weight, with the 4th lowest wage bill in the Championship. Gives the lie to Hurst's pre-match comments (rather like Mick) on their level of resources.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:53 - Sep 20 with 2362 viewsSuperfrans

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:45 - Sep 20 by Reuser_is_God

I stopped going because of Mick & I’m back

There's always one... ;-)

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:11 - Sep 20 with 2334 viewsHerbivore

Not being funny, but do we even really want the stay aways to come? They are total melts usually. Hi Benters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:20 - Sep 20 with 2320 viewsCurrie10

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:11 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Not being funny, but do we even really want the stay aways to come? They are total melts usually. Hi Benters.

Benters is quality.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:21 - Sep 20 with 2317 viewsReuser_is_God

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:53 - Sep 20 by Superfrans

There's always one... ;-)

Ha, in all honesty it was just because of Mick that I missed last season but he certainly made my decision a lot easier!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:23 - Sep 20 with 2312 viewsCurrie10

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:45 - Sep 20 by Reuser_is_God

I stopped going because of Mick & I’m back

Are you having fun ?
Login to get fewer ads

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:25 - Sep 20 with 2302 viewsHerbivore

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:20 - Sep 20 by Currie10

Benters is quality.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:26 - Sep 20 with 2299 viewsSwansea_Blue

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:16 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

People said they would go ............. they haven't.

I suspect the people that said they wouldn't go because Mick was here are the same sorts of people who won't go if we're not doing well.

The one thing that drives crowds is competing at the top of the table and winning stuff. For every club there's a core who go regardless, and then thousands of floaters.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:30 - Sep 20 with 2288 viewsHerbivore

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:26 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect the people that said they wouldn't go because Mick was here are the same sorts of people who won't go if we're not doing well.

The one thing that drives crowds is competing at the top of the table and winning stuff. For every club there's a core who go regardless, and then thousands of floaters.

We certainly do have our fair share of floaters.

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:30 - Sep 20 with 2285 viewsBenters2

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:11 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Good morning to you Sir!

You seem full of yourself today! Have you just realised what your Willy is for?
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:33 - Sep 20 with 2276 viewsHerbivore

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:30 - Sep 20 by Benters2

Good morning to you Sir!

You seem full of yourself today! Have you just realised what your Willy is for?

It's for waving on the internet or wearing on your forehead, right?

Did you enjoy the atmosphere second half on Tuesday buh?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:34 - Sep 20 with 2272 viewsBenters2

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:20 - Sep 20 by Currie10

Benters is quality.

Thanks Chap!

I had heard along side the Statue of 'Super Kev' the club is going to build another for the 'greatest town fan that has ever lived' and that is our very own Little Herbi the leftibummer snowflake xoxox.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:34 - Sep 20 with 2273 viewsskyblue23

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:26 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

Would you call being bottom of the league after 8 games doing well then? strange

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:36 - Sep 20 with 2267 viewsReuser_is_God

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:23 - Sep 20 by Currie10

Are you having fun ?

I’ve found the games I’ve attended to be enjoyable, yes.

Although I’m yet to go to an away game this year!

My feeling is that we will turn it around results wise, there have been enough isolated moments of positivity & good signs - we just need to start bringing that together a bit more & that has to start on Saturday.

The players we bought in seem to be settling a bit more now too. Donacien looks solid, Edwards is a typical winger, Jackson is getting better & now has a goal, Nolan was the best I’d seen him Tuesday & Pennington looks assured.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:02 - Sep 20 with 2239 viewsfarkenhell

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 08:50 - Sep 20 by Radlett_blue

Brentford have averaged only 10,000 at home games since they were promoted and before that were lucky to get 7,000 so 400 away fans on a Tuesday evening isn't too bad IMO.
As a club they punch hugely above their weight, with the 4th lowest wage bill in the Championship. Gives the lie to Hurst's pre-match comments (rather like Mick) on their level of resources.

I think you're right about their expectations with attendances. I have a friend who is a Brentford season ticket holder. I mentioned to him that our attendances have started to fall to the 15,000 mark. His response "We can only dream of fifteen thousand".

As for Hurst's pre-match comment, I think he was talking about the fact that Brentford have spent more money on transfers than people may think. That is, of course, because they have sold more players for higher amounts than us and re-invested in larger sums.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:02 - Sep 20 with 2239 viewsHerbivore

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:34 - Sep 20 by Benters2

Thanks Chap!

I had heard along side the Statue of 'Super Kev' the club is going to build another for the 'greatest town fan that has ever lived' and that is our very own Little Herbi the leftibummer snowflake xoxox.

You might even get to see it once a season, mate. Nice bit of homophobia in your post, stay classy.

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:06 - Sep 20 with 2234 viewsfarkenhell

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:34 - Sep 20 by skyblue23

Would you call being bottom of the league after 8 games doing well then? strange

I think that's the point Swansea was making. We're clearly not doing well, so thousands are continuing to stay away.
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:07 - Sep 20 with 2229 viewsSoleBayBlue

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 07:30 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Talk about over reaction.......it's just an observation. Whether or not people can press a red button makes no difference when people have stated they would go by the way Stokie.

But they said they would...

Did they sign some kind of contract that they'd return when Mick was gone?

Attendances for the first 3 games were up.

But 3 reasons why Tuesday may have been down..

we are bottom
it was a tuesday night
sky have fcuked football a little bit more with their red button bollicks
Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:10 - Sep 20 with 2223 viewsSwansea_Blue

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 09:34 - Sep 20 by skyblue23

No. We're not doing well, which is why the crowds are still low.

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:13 - Sep 20 with 2213 viewsHerbivore

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:07 - Sep 20 by SoleBayBlue

But they said they would...

Did they sign some kind of contract that they'd return when Mick was gone?

Attendances for the first 3 games were up.

But 3 reasons why Tuesday may have been down..

we are bottom
it was a tuesday night
sky have fcuked football a little bit more with their red button bollicks

The attendance against Villa was massively down on last season's game against Villa, mate.

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:14 - Sep 20 with 2213 viewsSwansea_Blue

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:06 - Sep 20 by farkenhell

I think that's the point Swansea was making. We're clearly not doing well, so thousands are continuing to stay away.

Yes it was, ta. It's a bit of a myth that just because a team plays pretty football they'll automatically attract more crowds imo

Seems to me that crowds go up when league positions go up, with being in the PL the real clincher.

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:52 - Sep 20 with 2182 viewsskyblue23

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:10 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

No. We're not doing well, which is why the crowds are still low.

I get that. I said earlier in the thread I stopped attending because of Mick McCarthy last season but have returned under Paul Hurst paying £25 every game. Meaning not every Ipswich fan is a floater. I'm 26 years old, had a season ticket for 12 years until my little girl was born and now attend all games possible which this season has been all of them at home, but I did stay away for the last few games of Micks reign as I couldn't do it anymore.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Where are all the stayaway fans who promised to return when Mick went? on 10:53 - Sep 20 with 2176 viewsMaySixth

Very fickle some of our fans

Turn up for Norwich and then melt away

Tinpot

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024