Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... 09:28 - Sep 20 with 3725 viewsitfcjoe

....doesn't go far enough for me personally but certainly a good start

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 12:46 - Sep 20 with 854 views_

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 12:35 - Sep 20 by J2BLUE

That's awful mate, I feel for him. My dad is a gambling addict. I have control of all his money at the moment. He's still found a way round it a couple of times. His girlfriend is so stupid that she has actually lent him money a few times so he could go in the bookies. I've now told her that if she lends him any more she won't be getting it back.

Would this guy be up for letting someone else manage his money and transfer him a certain amount each week or something? Admittedly that doesn't really re-educate him but it might help.

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 12:54 - Sep 20 with 834 viewsBlueBadger

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 11:29 - Sep 20 by pickles110564

Agree m8, the sooner they go back to hard brexit I will rejoin the ranks.

Yes, because they're well known for being in favour of things that only hardcore neo-liberal loons advocate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 13:08 - Sep 20 with 796 viewsnoggin

on 12:46 - Sep 20 by _

About a year ago our control room got a call from one of the online gambling companies. They were worried about a customer who had told their customer service that he was going to kill himself, after they had denied him credit to continue playing. We visited the address and it was the gambler's father's house. The man in question had lost everything. His savings, his house, his job and his family, all due to his gambling. Really difficult to know what to say to someone when they have lost everything.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 13:17 - Sep 20 with 773 viewsitfcjoe

on 12:46 - Sep 20 by _

It's so easy to hide as well.

If I were to be an alcoholic, the signs are obvious to my nearest and dearest and they can at least try and help and see you on the path to self destruction.

I just did a balance transfer on my credit card the other day for a few £100 for a zero % rate - asked for a credit limit of £1,500, got £5k. My previous card had £5k on it. My 2 joint credit cards have a £5k limit (I think).

I have about £20k of credit I could access this afternoon, and totally ruin mine and my families life over the next few weeks and until the bills started dropping on the mat my wife would be none the wiser especially on the £10k I have purely in my name. I'm sure I could get another 5 figures worth of credit this afternoon if I wanted.

That's mad.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 13:22 - Sep 20 with 766 views_

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 13:08 - Sep 20 by noggin

About a year ago our control room got a call from one of the online gambling companies. They were worried about a customer who had told their customer service that he was going to kill himself, after they had denied him credit to continue playing. We visited the address and it was the gambler's father's house. The man in question had lost everything. His savings, his house, his job and his family, all due to his gambling. Really difficult to know what to say to someone when they have lost everything.

on 13:32 - Sep 20 with 750 views_

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 13:17 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

It's so easy to hide as well.

If I were to be an alcoholic, the signs are obvious to my nearest and dearest and they can at least try and help and see you on the path to self destruction.

I just did a balance transfer on my credit card the other day for a few £100 for a zero % rate - asked for a credit limit of £1,500, got £5k. My previous card had £5k on it. My 2 joint credit cards have a £5k limit (I think).

I have about £20k of credit I could access this afternoon, and totally ruin mine and my families life over the next few weeks and until the bills started dropping on the mat my wife would be none the wiser especially on the £10k I have purely in my name. I'm sure I could get another 5 figures worth of credit this afternoon if I wanted.

That's mad.

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 13:40 - Sep 20 with 741 viewsLord_Lucan

I agree, I also agree it doesn't go far enough - but hat's off to them for making a start.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Good this from Tom Watson and Labour... on 14:14 - Sep 20 with 706 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great policy - agree it could go further but definitely a good start

Now just to get the party fronted by someone that doesn’t make them toxic to large swathes of the population

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024