Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This second vote thing is very dangerous 13:37 - Sep 20 with 14816 viewsLord_Lucan

Having a second vote after the public has already voiced their will would damage any idea of democracy that we have far more than any damage that Brexit will do.

We lost the vote so we have to move on. The so called Chequers deal is pathetic, it will end up with us keeping all the bad things and stripping the good things.

If we are out we are out and they should have gone for a hard Brexit immediately, Brussels would never compromise with a fair deal otherwise the dominoes would start to fall. Believe me they will want to set up trade deals immediately once the line has been drawn but whilst we are acting like a big girls blouse we are going to get shafted.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Unfortunately on 18:23 - Sep 20 with 2543 viewsSpruceMoose

Unfortunately on 18:19 - Sep 20 by Benters2

Why do you worry so Uncle Sam?

Jog on, Captain Stainpants, jog on.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:24 - Sep 20 with 2546 viewsBenters2

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 17:55 - Sep 20 by Ryorry

Good points well made.

I dont think they are good points well made.

We had a vote in or out we voted out.

Shall we have another vote (best out of three) if this time we vote in?

What about all those thicko racists who voted out?
This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:24 - Sep 20 with 2537 viewsSpruceMoose

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:24 - Sep 20 by Benters2

"What about all those thicko racists who voted out?"

Sadly you're still thick and you're still racist. Brexit won't change that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:27 - Sep 20 with 2533 viewsBenters2

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:24 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

"What about all those thicko racists who voted out?"

Sadly you're still thick and you're still racist. Brexit won't change that.

Glad we agree on something.
This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:28 - Sep 20 with 2529 viewsSpruceMoose

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:27 - Sep 20 by Benters2

Glad we agree on something.

I'm actually sad we agree about that.

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:33 - Sep 20 with 2530 viewsHerbivore

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 15:22 - Sep 20 by pickles110564

We voted to Leave the EU and all that it stands for, not to still stay in bed with them.

I didn't vote for that at all and nor did millions of others.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 19:22 - Sep 20 with 2506 viewsPinewoodblue

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:12 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

"You can't go back now and say that you posed the question wrong."

That's not what is being said. To plough on regardless is the ridiculous course of action. Let's have a look at what the actual terms of our leaving are.

Haven't you already left?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:17 - Sep 20 with 2482 viewsRyorry

I should have said *some* points, particularly these -

"But it's madness to refuse to read the survey and make a decision based on actual information just because you liked the kerb appeal or fancied a move, or were promised that "It's a lovely house and will make you much happier" by a dodgy estate agent named Nigel or Boris. "

"And it also includes the hundreds of thousands of adults who were under 18 at the time of the first referendum but will face the whole of their working lives with the consequences of this."

I've already said that I strongly disagree with having yet another referendum on this.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:25 - Sep 20 with 2476 viewsJ2BLUE

There is no logical argument against another vote. It's been over two years since the vote. Two years of new information. What is so wrong about being asked if we're sure it's the right choice?

You are anti Labour because 'Jezza hates Britain' yet you're so against another vote because you have no faith leave would win. What does that say about your view of your country when you would clearly rather Brexit be forced through than give people the opportunity to change their minds? I'm stunned you just openly admitted you are racist...I mean, it's no shock, but to openly say it as if you're proud is really something.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 2470 viewsSpruceMoose

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 19:22 - Sep 20 by Pinewoodblue

Haven't you already left?

Consider it an extended holiday. Last time I checked I still had a nice maroon UK passport. That alright with you?

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 2472 viewsRyorry

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 17:30 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

Trump is no kind of businessman. He's never earned a cheque that didn't have his own family's name on it (until recently, when he might have got one signed by Putin...)

Disagree. He is a totally ruthless, unscrupulous, immoral type of businessman -

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/03/youve-been-trumped-too-fil

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/donald-trump-youve-been-trumped

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:34 - Sep 20 with 2462 viewsSpruceMoose

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:27 - Sep 20 by Ryorry

Disagree. He is a totally ruthless, unscrupulous, immoral type of businessman -

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/03/youve-been-trumped-too-fil

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/donald-trump-youve-been-trumped

He's a TV star businessman, gifted his fortune by his father and mainly pished it away.

He's definitely ruthless, unscrupulous and immoral, but the idea that he's some kind of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Bezos or even a Branson is just bluster from his people.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 20:34]

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:41 - Sep 20 with 2454 viewsRyorry

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:34 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

He's a TV star businessman, gifted his fortune by his father and mainly pished it away.

He's definitely ruthless, unscrupulous and immoral, but the idea that he's some kind of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Bezos or even a Branson is just bluster from his people.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 20:34]

Oh I know, was being ironic when I said I disagreed with you that he was "no type of businessman".
I really should stop attempting jokes on here, they never come off!

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:44 - Sep 20 with 2446 viewsSpruceMoose

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:41 - Sep 20 by Ryorry

Oh I know, was being ironic when I said I disagreed with you that he was "no type of businessman".
I really should stop attempting jokes on here, they never come off!

Nah, I'm just a dimwit. It's me, not you baby, I promise!

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:46 - Sep 20 with 2443 viewsRyorry

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:44 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

Nah, I'm just a dimwit. It's me, not you baby, I promise!

Dd

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:57 - Sep 20 with 2430 viewsKievthegreat

Why the aggro at the Chequers deal? It delivers exactly on the referendum result, to leave the EU.
This second vote thing is very dangerous on 21:00 - Sep 20 with 2418 viewsJ2BLUE

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:57 - Sep 20 by Kievthegreat

Why the aggro at the Chequers deal? It delivers exactly on the referendum result, to leave the EU.

The EU have all but completely rejected it

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 21:03 - Sep 20 with 2408 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 15:04 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

You're a great guy Pickles, have a great day.

I gave this place a wide birth for a while because it resembled an asylum, there are some interesting things on here but sometimes every now and then TWTD completely eats itself and it isn't a great place to be.

Once I read that my new grandson wasn't necessarily a boy despite having a pair of balls and a cock I thought I'd have a break.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 18:45]

Good to see you back LL.

You really should consider going into politics dear boy & ruffling some feathers on both sides of the House. Straight talking & (mainly) common sense.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 21:07 - Sep 20 with 2397 viewsKievthegreat

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 21:00 - Sep 20 by J2BLUE

I understand that, and also why they'd reject it. However they aren't commenting on it in this thread so its not really relevent to what the people in this thread are saying.

I was saying there's been plenty of people complaining about how it's not what they voted for, even though any deal (other than withdrawing Article 50) or no deal scenario delivers exactly what they voted for.
This second vote thing is very dangerous on 22:27 - Sep 20 with 2342 viewspickles110564

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 18:33 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

I didn't vote for that at all and nor did millions of others.

Get over it you lost move on the majority voted out.
This second vote thing is very dangerous on 22:51 - Sep 20 with 2323 viewsPinewoodblue

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 20:27 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

Consider it an extended holiday. Last time I checked I still had a nice maroon UK passport. That alright with you?

You are going to get a chance to get a nice blue one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 22:59 - Sep 20 with 2308 viewsKievthegreat

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 22:51 - Sep 20 by Pinewoodblue

If you're as lucky as me, you get to have a burgundy one for another 10 years.
This second vote thing is very dangerous on 23:05 - Sep 20 with 2296 viewsHerbivore

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 22:27 - Sep 20 by pickles110564

Get over it you lost move on the majority voted out.

We all lost.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 23:13 - Sep 20 with 2284 viewsSpruceMoose

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 22:51 - Sep 20 by Pinewoodblue

The American one is blue too actually. Hopefully 2020 will hold a burgundy UK passport and a blue US passport for the old Moosemeister.

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 00:53 - Sep 21 with 2229 viewsconnorscontract

This second vote thing is very dangerous on 21:00 - Sep 20 by J2BLUE

As have more than enough Tory MPs to sink it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024