Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14:35 - Sep 20 with 1593 views_

Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 14:58 - Sep 20 with 1559 viewsBluefish

Can't help with the question but the 5 a side league that I (used to) play in had a similar camera for each half and every time there is a shot the ref presses a button to capture it. You then go online and watch match highlights and they stream them in the bar

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

on 15:24 - Sep 20 with 1530 views_

Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 14:58 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Can't help with the question but the 5 a side league that I (used to) play in had a similar camera for each half and every time there is a shot the ref presses a button to capture it. You then go online and watch match highlights and they stream them in the bar

Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 15:37 - Sep 20 with 1517 viewsBueller

GoPros have a naturually wide angle in default. You could mount it on the halfway line on the side of the cage with Gorillapod Tripod and would be fine. Set you back about £260 for a GoPro Hero, Gorilla Pod and a decent memory card.
on 15:45 - Sep 20 with 1501 views_

Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 15:37 - Sep 20 by Bueller

GoPros have a naturually wide angle in default. You could mount it on the halfway line on the side of the cage with Gorillapod Tripod and would be fine. Set you back about £260 for a GoPro Hero, Gorilla Pod and a decent memory card.

Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 15:51 - Sep 20 with 1494 viewsBueller

on 15:45 - Sep 20 by _

Depends what are are calling a 5-a-side pitch here but yes you would be suprised at the wide angle. Few examples on youtube, just cannot link you as it is blocked at work.

Otherwise I would place it above the goal you are attacking but off to the side and switch at half time.
Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 20:17 - Sep 20 with 1402 viewsBurwell_Blue

First off, don’t waste money on a Go-Pro when a knock off from China will give you the same quality for £30.

With that in mind, why not buy three, and £10 for a huge bag of fixing implements and put one at either end attached to the cross bars and one on half way attached the fencing/wall?
Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 00:32 - Sep 21 with 1343 viewsstonojnr

Im amazed its a goer for that kind of stuff, go pros work best on close up stuff happening right in front of you, which is why they work as sports action cams as you get that whole sense of movement and stuff rushing towards you that visually looks really good, they arent just miniature video cameras, locked off on the touchline you arent going to be getting much of anything unless all the action happens right in front of it and the angle of vision the lens produces, a player could be standing right next to it, but appear to be more than 3-4feet away from where they are, its a really distortion effect you get.

plus unless you go for one of the top of the line models, their low light performance is rubbish.
on 15:14 - Sep 24 with 1247 views_

Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 00:32 - Sep 21 by stonojnr

Im amazed its a goer for that kind of stuff, go pros work best on close up stuff happening right in front of you, which is why they work as sports action cams as you get that whole sense of movement and stuff rushing towards you that visually looks really good, they arent just miniature video cameras, locked off on the touchline you arent going to be getting much of anything unless all the action happens right in front of it and the angle of vision the lens produces, a player could be standing right next to it, but appear to be more than 3-4feet away from where they are, its a really distortion effect you get.

plus unless you go for one of the top of the line models, their low light performance is rubbish.

Login to get fewer ads

Go Pro, filming Five a side, advice please. on 19:02 - Sep 24 with 1207 viewspenuthead57

I've used a go pro to film a tennis match.I fixed it onto the netting behind one baseline. It did a decent enough job of the other end of the court and a great job of the closer end. Mine is a GoPro Hero3. Are you based in Suffolk? If you happen to be in Wiltshire area I'd be happy for you to trial with mine. I have a few fixings too.
You can get handlebar fixings so if here is a pole you could attach it to that.
I also used it for my dissertation to film tennis serves it worked well for that. You can get a case that just goes round the outside of the camera so you don't have the waterproof casing on it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024