Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? 14:46 - Sep 20 with 2261 viewsBlueBlood90

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 15:25 - Sep 20 with 2177 viewsVic

It's not such a binary question. EG: What if we get cut adrift by a large margin, but can see progress and consistency in style with improving results - albeit not enough to make up for lost ground?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 15:30 - Sep 20 with 2159 viewsGuthrum

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 15:25 - Sep 20 by Vic

It's not such a binary question. EG: What if we get cut adrift by a large margin, but can see progress and consistency in style with improving results - albeit not enough to make up for lost ground?

Or, say, after a poor start we make progress and are only just inside the bottom three at Christmas.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 15:34 - Sep 20 with 2146 viewsLeagueOne

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 15:25 - Sep 20 by Vic

I am sorry but relegation is not progress. Why would any Town fans want to watch us pass our way to relegation? Especially with our budget, we wouldn't come back up if we went down - this is essentially self harm.

I am genuinely shocked that so many have voted to keep him even if relegated. The supports level of ambition is at an all time low. These are easily the worse ever days we've had at Ipswich. But let's blame the red button...

Coventry is our future if we drop - do we really want that just to be a passing team?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 15:35]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 15:56 - Sep 20 with 2105 viewsBrianTablet

When we lose the will to live/watch football, when he tells us to fook off and when he signs Jonathan Douglas.

That's the (incredibly low) benchmark.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 16:08 - Sep 20 with 2072 viewsCoastalblue

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 15:34 - Sep 20 by LeagueOne

I am sorry but relegation is not progress. Why would any Town fans want to watch us pass our way to relegation? Especially with our budget, we wouldn't come back up if we went down - this is essentially self harm.

I am genuinely shocked that so many have voted to keep him even if relegated. The supports level of ambition is at an all time low. These are easily the worse ever days we've had at Ipswich. But let's blame the red button...

Coventry is our future if we drop - do we really want that just to be a passing team?

I don't agree with a single thing you have written there, it's nothing more than your opinion, which you are of course entitled to.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 16:13 - Sep 20 with 2060 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm not getting involved in voting but it appears that there are 23x TWTD members who don't understand how a pro footy club operates.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 16:21 - Sep 20 with 2032 viewsPendejo

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 15:34 - Sep 20 by LeagueOne

Coventry are a poor example, and it all surrounds ownership of the ground.

ITFC do not own the ground, the council does. So unless or until the council decide to cash in on prime real estate, and I think there may be some sort of covenant on the land that it must be used for sporting purposes[?????]

We could however slip all the way out of the league if badly managed or a really poor run of luck.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 16:24 - Sep 20 with 2017 viewsITFC_Forever

Coventry are not a fair comparison, they fell through the divisions mainly thanks to matters of the pitch, Portsmouth and Luton too for that matter.

A more comparable example might be Charlton, but they're also beset by owner-ship wrangling these days.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 16:41 - Sep 20 with 1978 viewsGuthrum

Relegation would be a disaster. But the real question posed by this poll is how long are we prepared (or able) to hold our nerve?

Do we bale out of the Hurst project now, in November, after Christmas? Or do we leave it until the last possible moment, around March? Then there is the argument that if we're likely to go down anyway, are we better sticking with him if League One is unavoidable? Tied to this is whom might replace Hurst and what can they do with the squad we have?

If we do it too early, have we blown the chance of future progress in exchange for some pragmatic option (which may well be very defensive and might not work anyway)? If we leave it too late, have we bidden the Championship farewell for ever?

I still hold to my prediction that we will start slowly, then improve as the season goes on, perhaps making a late run up the table in the final few weeks.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 16:41]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 16:48 - Sep 20 with 1950 viewsPendejo

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 16:41 - Sep 20 by Guthrum

Relegation would be a disaster. But the real question posed by this poll is how long are we prepared (or able) to hold our nerve?

Do we bale out of the Hurst project now, in November, after Christmas? Or do we leave it until the last possible moment, around March? Then there is the argument that if we're likely to go down anyway, are we better sticking with him if League One is unavoidable? Tied to this is whom might replace Hurst and what can they do with the squad we have?

If we do it too early, have we blown the chance of future progress in exchange for some pragmatic option (which may well be very defensive and might not work anyway)? If we leave it too late, have we bidden the Championship farewell for ever?

I still hold to my prediction that we will start slowly, then improve as the season goes on, perhaps making a late run up the table in the final few weeks.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 16:41]

and if we did do it... does ME pressurize BK to do the job to the end of the season?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

If Ipswich remain in the bottom 3. When would you want Hurst to be sacked? on 19:34 - Sep 20 with 1789 viewsVic

I’m not for a moment suggesting it would be. I’m merely saying, like Guthers after me, that There is quite possibly a scenario where we continue with this seriously poor start. We’re bottom and cut off by say 10pts, but then just as we’ve all given up and and accepted PH has to go results start to turn. We stop losing and bit by bit we realise we’re holding our own and starting to catch up. At the end of the season we might be relegated, but it’s obvious from say the last 3 months that we are actually easily able to hold our own. Would we still want him sacked? If so, why? What more could another manager do in this situation?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024