Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Ward is one of my current favourites 17:51 - Sep 20 with 2393 viewsSuperfrans

Does anyone else have a slightly unusual favourite from our current crop of players?

I know he's not everyone's favourite, but I really like him as a player. He glides across the pitch, has really good touch, nice turn of pace etc. He seemed to go into his shell a bit after scoring a hat-trick on his debut. He seemed to stop doing the obvious and as reluctant to shoot on sight.

He's one of our players who i really think could do something under the current manager, who could really come out of his shell.

Ward: I’ll Guarantee the Table Won't Look Like This at the End of the Season 20th Sep 2018 16:16
Grant Ward has “guaranteed” Town won’t finish in the same position they currently occupy at the foot of the Championship table. 16

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 17:57 - Sep 20 with 2380 viewsJakeITFC

I like him as well.

Sometimes just want to put an arm around his shoulders and tell him that everything is gonna be alright.
Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 17:57 - Sep 20 with 2379 viewscaught-in-limbo

He's not a player, but I really like Paul Hurst. Come Christmas 2019, we'll all be singing "Paul Hurst is a football genius" and we'll be 10 points clear at the top of the championship.

#I loved Paul Hurst first.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:03 - Sep 20 with 2364 viewsgordon

I have a thing for lanky, elegant playmakers who don't fulfil their potential. Jimmy Juan alongside Owen Garvan is my dream centre mid partnership.
Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:03 - Sep 20 with 2364 viewsWarkystache

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 17:57 - Sep 20 by caught-in-limbo

He's not a player, but I really like Paul Hurst. Come Christmas 2019, we'll all be singing "Paul Hurst is a football genius" and we'll be 10 points clear at the top of the championship.

#I loved Paul Hurst first.

I like Jon Nolan. He just looks classy on the ball. I know he's had a bit of a mare start to his ITFC career, but he's tried.

Ditto Donacien and Kayden.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:05 - Sep 20 with 2361 viewsgordon

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:03 - Sep 20 by Warkystache

I like Jon Nolan. He just looks classy on the ball. I know he's had a bit of a mare start to his ITFC career, but he's tried.

Nolan's got a bit of Paul Mason about him, for fans of early 90s ITFC
Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:07 - Sep 20 with 2353 viewsTractorWood

He's really one footed.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:18 - Sep 20 with 2327 viewsWarkystache

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:03 - Sep 20 by gordon

I have a thing for lanky, elegant playmakers who don't fulfil their potential. Jimmy Juan alongside Owen Garvan is my dream centre mid partnership.

Jimmy Juan reminded me of late eighties pop sensation Tanita Tikaram, only with shorter hair.

Owen Garvan reminded me of this when he ran...

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:30 - Sep 20 with 2299 viewscaught-in-limbo

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:18 - Sep 20 by Warkystache

Jimmy Juan reminded me of late eighties pop sensation Tanita Tikaram, only with shorter hair.

Owen Garvan reminded me of this when he ran...

Jimmy Juan looked like Tanita Tikaram, who looked like Elvis, who looked nothing like Jimmy Juan.

How does that work?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:31 - Sep 20 with 2298 viewsMullet

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:05 - Sep 20 by gordon

Nolan's got a bit of Paul Mason about him, for fans of early 90s ITFC

Clearly not the shooting bit as of yet.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:33 - Sep 20 with 2294 viewschicoazul

Knudsen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:40 - Sep 20 with 2281 viewsGuthrum

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:33 - Sep 20 by chicoazul

Knudsen.

One of my favourites, also. Helped by having a fondness for the Danes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 19:53 - Sep 20 with 2208 viewsWonky

Knudsen as well.
Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 19:58 - Sep 20 with 2204 viewsm14_blue

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:03 - Sep 20 by Warkystache

Yep, Nolan for me too. So refreshing to see a Town player so comfortable on the ball, even if he hasn't really got going yet.

Also love Jonas but surely everyone does?
Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 20:10 - Sep 20 with 2191 viewsjudespiveyg

Chalobah. That ridiculous haircut really does make me chuckle. He's not a bad player either. Bit of a headless chicken as well, which has clearly never put me off as I always liked Luke Hyam as well.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 20:34 - Sep 20 with 2158 viewsSuperfrans

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 18:07 - Sep 20 by TractorWood

He's really one footed.

So was super Frans Thijssen. Maybe that’s why I like Grant too... 😂

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 20:35 - Sep 20 with 2152 viewsSuperfrans

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 19:58 - Sep 20 by m14_blue

Yep, Nolan for me too. So refreshing to see a Town player so comfortable on the ball, even if he hasn't really got going yet.

Also love Jonas but surely everyone does?

I do suspect Nolan will reall6 fire when he settles in and gets the measure of the division, it’s pace etc. When he came on on Tuesday, he was very good. Very promising.

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 21:51 - Sep 20 with 2068 viewsitfcpaul

I've always liked Jonas
Gives everything every game

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Grant Ward is one of my current favourites on 22:04 - Sep 20 with 2035 viewsHennikerBlu

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? by HennikerBlu 12 Sep 2018 14:34
No thoughts on Ward? Doesn't seem to feature in anyone's line up. I thought he looked decent against Derby and has experience at this level and an eye for goal.

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? by HennikerBlu 13 Sep 2018 13:12
In the view I had being at the game he certainly was one of our more attacking players and was brought down a couple of times winning freekicks in some of our very few attacks.

I guess whatever anyone's view is of him, he certainly has played no worse than any of our recent signings and does not deserve to be marginalised as it seems he is. If you went to the game fair enough, but if you did not, you do get a different perspective from seeing the whole of the pitch and the players movement as opposed to through the TV which concentrates on where the ball is.

Certainly a player that has come through the Spurs academy deserves consideration and perhaps a run of games to gain some consistency. We seem happy to run with League 1 players, of which, I am not sure many have come through a Prem academy for 5 years (?), I do think Spurs would not have wasted their time if they thought he did not have 'some' potential.

Yep I agree as I said a few days ago, actually not much support for him in that thread, its a funny old game ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024