Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford 19:09 - Sep 20 with 5648 viewsMaySixth

his changes worked and he outthought Dean Smith getting us an excellent point against one of the best teams in the division

Well done Paul Hurst

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 14:18 - Sep 21 with 1281 viewsBenters2

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 08:46 - Sep 21 by crunchie1978

Taking off the worst player at the club....and bringing on the best player at the club hardly makes him a tactical genius does it!

Ballsed up from the start of the game,we could all see it was wrong,changed it at half time?

Is that a tatical genius?
Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 18:25 - Sep 21 with 1239 viewspeterleeblue

Bit OTT - but i really want it to work here for him. I will be giving him every chance.
Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 06:49 - Sep 22 with 1192 viewsBenters2

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 18:25 - Sep 21 by peterleeblue

Bit OTT - but i really want it to work here for him. I will be giving him every chance.

Of course.
Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 07:31 - Sep 22 with 1173 viewstextbackup

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 09:15 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

We changed up plenty of times under Mick at half time, or even earlier - it was one of Mick's strengths to make in game tweaks.

Difference is for some Hurst is a genius for changing it at Half Time whereas Mick would have been an idiot for getting it wrong at the start.

this is massively unfair IMO.

MM has managed at this level his entire career, albeit a season or two in the prem, so getting it correct tactical should be his bread and butter.

PH is stepping up from league 1, and 7 games in, so mistakes will be made, and thankfully for all involved he made that change at HT.

this constant comparing of the two is getting on my fckin tits. im sure all those years ago this heroic MM character didn't nail his tactics weekly in his first few games.

MM isn't terrible, PH isn't amazing.... the end

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 07:45 - Sep 22 with 1157 viewsBenters2

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 07:31 - Sep 22 by textbackup

MM has managed at this level his entire career, albeit a season or two in the prem, so getting it correct tactical should be his bread and butter.

PH is stepping up from league 1, and 7 games in, so mistakes will be made, and thankfully for all involved he made that change at HT.

this constant comparing of the two is getting on my fckin tits. im sure all those years ago this heroic MM character didn't nail his tactics weekly in his first few games.

Post of the fkn season! (so far)

Thank you and good night
Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 08:05 - Sep 22 with 1143 viewsitfcjoe

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 07:31 - Sep 22 by textbackup

I was only replying to a post saying Mick would never have done it, which I felt was unfair and demonstrably not true.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 08:13 - Sep 22 with 1130 viewsMullet

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 20:55 - Sep 20 by MaySixth

not really
they have been netter than us for quite some time now

That's some more revisionism on a grand scale.

Didn't you walk out at half time at Cardiff last season or even before and made a big song and dance about it?

What's the difference now exactly?

Had Mick made such changes after serving up some genuine hoofball and a gutless display like Hull I dread to think how that would have been perceived.

Hurst being a step down and needing time is fine, but he's made a mess and a half since day one with scarce signs he's cut out for the job. Pretending Brentford are now some world beaters at this stage is odd.

It's like insisting we were certs for promotion at this stage last year, or there's no chance of us staying up now. Tuesday was simply another example of how badly consistency is needed now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 08:37 - Sep 22 with 1109 viewstextbackup

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 08:05 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

I was only replying to a post saying Mick would never have done it, which I felt was unfair and demonstrably not true.

I should have stated that wasn’t just at ur reply, was based on multiple threads.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 08:55 - Sep 22 with 1100 viewsmuccletonjoe

Total waste of time. All that matters now is what Hurst does, whether McCarthy taught his granny to suck eggs is irrelevant. Fact is Tuesday night's team and tactics were a disaster he had the good sense to rectify. Remains to be seen today if he has learnt from that, I sincerely hope , for our sakes, that he has
Fantastic management by Paul Hurst at half time v Brentford on 17:31 - Sep 22 with 1033 viewsCurrie10

How about today? More ' fantastic ' management?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024