Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right. On to important things - Excel help please 19:12 - Sep 20 with 1768 viewsLord_Lucan

If I have a column with a load of post codes - DT11 8HL etc.............

How can I get rid of the middle space en masse?

I have tried making a new column and adding =TRIM(A1) but it's not working.

Thanks in advance

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:16 - Sep 20 with 1753 viewsDanny_G

Select all the cells. Do a find and replace. Type a space into the 'find' box and leave the 'replace' box blank.
Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:32 - Sep 20 with 1707 viewsLord_Lucan

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:16 - Sep 20 by Danny_G

Select all the cells. Do a find and replace. Type a space into the 'find' box and leave the 'replace' box blank.

Thanks

I think I'm doing what you say but it's not working.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:39 - Sep 20 with 1692 viewsJakeITFC

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:32 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks

It should work fairly simply.

If you’re struggling send it to me via email and I’ll do it.
Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:44 - Sep 20 with 1672 viewsPendejo

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:32 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks

I've tried it out of interest and it does work.

Find: hit space bar

Replace: DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING

other than Replace next or replace all

I promise you it works.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:46 - Sep 20 with 1662 viewsGuthrum

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:44 - Sep 20 by Pendejo

I promise you it works.

Might have to highlight the column, then tick "current selection only", otherwise it'll remove the spaces elsewhere in the spreadsheet, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:50 - Sep 20 with 1651 viewsLord_Lucan

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:44 - Sep 20 by Pendejo

I promise you it works.

Thanks............but I've got Jake on it.

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 20:40 - Sep 20 with 1611 viewsPendejo

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:46 - Sep 20 by Guthrum

Might have to highlight the column, then tick "current selection only", otherwise it'll remove the spaces elsewhere in the spreadsheet, too.

I left that bit out as it was the clearest instruction in the original email.

I take it you do your accounts on excel? Or is that how Gloucester and Cheltenham Housing Quango store their information?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:26 - Sep 20 with 1497 viewsfactual_blue

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:50 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:31 - Sep 20 with 1488 viewsLord_Lucan

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:26 - Sep 20 by factual_blue

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:31 - Sep 20 with 1487 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 19:50 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

Another one of my friends joining your workforce.

Poll: Best Football Song

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:43 - Sep 20 with 1473 viewsfactual_blue

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:31 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:55 - Sep 20 with 1462 viewsLord_Lucan

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:31 - Sep 20 by RoyKeanesDog

Another one of my friends joining your workforce.

They're cheap.

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 23:32 - Sep 20 with 1428 viewsCoastalblue

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:43 - Sep 20 by factual_blue

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 08:49 - Sep 21 with 1355 viewsKeno

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 22:31 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

You know that song is a very dodgy euphemism don’t you?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Right. On to important things - Excel help please on 09:59 - Sep 21 with 1305 viewsStokieBlue

You were nearly there. If you want to do it functionally you can use this formula referencing the cells you want (maybe make another column):

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ", "")

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024