Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bravo M. Macron 19:55 - Sep 20 with 7459 viewsfactual_blue

'Those who explain that we can easily live without Europe, that everything is going to be alright, and that it's going to bring a lot of money home, are liars'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bravo M. Macron on 20:54 - Sep 20 with 5092 viewsBlueBadger

Ah now, be fair. They're not ALL liars. Some of them are desperately thick chancers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bravo M. Macron on 21:08 - Sep 20 with 5060 viewsstig4532

By that logic, Iceland, Switzerland and Norway shouldn't be thriving economies, with all three countries all having a much greater GDP per capita PPP than France.

We can trade with Europe, love Europe and be a part of Europe, but we don't need the EU to thrive economically.
Bravo M. Macron on 21:14 - Sep 20 with 5039 viewsm14_blue

Bravo M. Macron on 21:08 - Sep 20 by stig4532

By that logic, Iceland, Switzerland and Norway shouldn't be thriving economies, with all three countries all having a much greater GDP per capita PPP than France.

We can trade with Europe, love Europe and be a part of Europe, but we don't need the EU to thrive economically.

Have all those left the EU after having been members for 40 years?

If not, then it's not a like for like comparison at all.
Bravo M. Macron on 21:22 - Sep 20 with 5019 viewsLord_Lucan

This sort of crystal ballism doesn't do anyone any good.

He's sh1tting himself, they all are.

Fortunately for them all we have an incompetent government and an incompetent opposition.

Edit; That was actually a reply to the OP
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 22:16]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bravo M. Macron on 21:26 - Sep 20 with 4998 viewseireblue

Switzerland, hmm what sort of relationship do they have with the EU.

Maybe the UK could try it.
Bravo M. Macron on 21:26 - Sep 20 with 5000 viewsKievthegreat

So you want the UK to contribute to the EU budget, have free movement and regulatory alignment like those countries then?
Bravo M. Macron on 21:29 - Sep 20 with 4981 viewsbrogansnose

Yeah, he's probably not far wrong. Not sure why he gives a toss though.
Bravo M. Macron on 21:36 - Sep 20 with 4959 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Maybe we’ll pull a shed load of oil, gas, geothermal, hydroelectric, Nazi gold, unregulated banking out of our hole and be rich just like them.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Bravo M. Macron on 21:45 - Sep 20 with 4918 viewsBlueBadger

Bravo M. Macron on 21:29 - Sep 20 by brogansnose

Yeah, he's probably not far wrong. Not sure why he gives a toss though.

He probably doesn't, like most decent human beings, like seeing people commit acts of self-harm.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bravo M. Macron on 22:07 - Sep 20 with 4881 viewsPinewoodblue

Think he was talking about Cameron & Osborne. Liars is a bit wide of the mark naive or stupid to think it would be easy to negotiate with the EU would have been more accurate.

I voted to remain simply because thought it wold be impossible to reach a negotiated settlement if we were leaving The EU made it very clear that we couldn't belong to the customs union without freedom of movement.

This and the Irish problem meant that a hard Brexit looked inevitable. The remainers who believe people did't know what they were voting for are only fooling themselves.

Macron will be bloody minded post Brexit you can almost guarantee it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bravo M. Macron on 22:13 - Sep 20 with 4859 viewsBryanPlug

Bravo M. Macron on 22:07 - Sep 20 by Pinewoodblue

Think he was talking about Cameron & Osborne. Liars is a bit wide of the mark naive or stupid to think it would be easy to negotiate with the EU would have been more accurate.

I voted to remain simply because thought it wold be impossible to reach a negotiated settlement if we were leaving The EU made it very clear that we couldn't belong to the customs union without freedom of movement.

This and the Irish problem meant that a hard Brexit looked inevitable. The remainers who believe people did't know what they were voting for are only fooling themselves.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bravo M. Macron on 22:17 - Sep 20 with 4839 viewsfactual_blue

Bravo M. Macron on 20:54 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

Ah now, be fair. They're not ALL liars. Some of them are desperately thick chancers.

As Private Eye would put it. Jakob Reek-Smug is 94.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bravo M. Macron on 22:21 - Sep 20 with 4824 viewsVic

We’ll be poorer, until the EU project collapses. Then we’ll be ahead of the curve.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Bravo M. Macron on 23:21 - Sep 20 with 4742 viewsStokieBlue

Bravo M. Macron on 21:45 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

He probably doesn't, like most decent human beings, like seeing people commit acts of self-harm.

He's got plenty of problems at home though, through French have turned on him and the right wingers are about to overtake him.

Doesn't mean he's wrong in this case though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bravo M. Macron on 23:29 - Sep 20 with 4722 viewsSpruceMoose

Bravo M. Macron on 21:26 - Sep 20 by eireblue

Switzerland, hmm what sort of relationship do they have with the EU.

Maybe the UK could try it.

I mean, if that's the only thing on the table I'd settle for that. I quite enjoyed catching a train in France and nobody checking my passport when I got off in Milan.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bravo M. Macron on 23:42 - Sep 20 with 4707 viewspointofblue

Cameron and Osborne both supported Remain. He's talking about the likes of Johnson and Davis.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bravo M. Macron on 23:55 - Sep 20 with 4693 viewsLord_Lucan

Bravo M. Macron on 23:42 - Sep 20 by pointofblue

Cameron and Osborne both supported Remain. He's talking about the likes of Johnson and Davis.

I don't know about Osbourne but Cameron was always a Eurosceptic - despite what he may have said when leader.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bravo M. Macron on 00:12 - Sep 21 with 4671 viewsFreddies_Ears

Macron certainly isn't suggesting he's desperate to sign a trade deal that will benefit UK!

We're stuffed.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 0:14]
Bravo M. Macron on 00:16 - Sep 21 with 4666 viewsBlueBadger

Bravo M. Macron on 22:21 - Sep 20 by Vic

We’ll be poorer, until the EU project collapses. Then we’ll be ahead of the curve.

We'll be desperately poor FIRST, before it's fashionable?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 0:16]

Bravo M. Macron on 00:25 - Sep 21 with 4652 viewsRyorry

Wow, what a well-reasoned statement by Macron - so full of solid evidence backing it up too ...

Non

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bravo M. Macron on 00:31 - Sep 21 with 4642 viewsRyorry

Bravo M. Macron on 21:36 - Sep 20 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Maybe we’ll pull a shed load of oil, gas, geothermal, hydroelectric, Nazi gold, unregulated banking out of our hole and be rich just like them.

Can't think how we might do that tho - oh, hang on, let's take a French lesson or two - what about something like their creation of the CAP, that'd be fair!!

Bravo M. Macron on 00:51 - Sep 21 with 4626 viewsconnorscontract

Infinite supplies of geo-thermal energy, Nazi gold and huge oil reserves (and a progressive policy of investing the capital raised in renewables) respectively give each their competitive advantage.
Bravo M. Macron on 01:00 - Sep 21 with 4609 viewsRyorry

Bravo M. Macron on 00:51 - Sep 21 by connorscontract

Infinite supplies of geo-thermal energy, Nazi gold and huge oil reserves (and a progressive policy of investing the capital raised in renewables) respectively give each their competitive advantage.

Have never understood how a pro-business party like the Tories persistently fail to understand the huge potential growth & profits of renewables, & who therefore consequently fail to fund R&D in them. Couldn't be anything to do with their vested interests in oil & gas industries, and financial institutions funding those could it?

Bravo M. Macron on 01:07 - Sep 21 with 4594 viewsconnorscontract

Bravo M. Macron on 01:00 - Sep 21 by Ryorry

Have never understood how a pro-business party like the Tories persistently fail to understand the huge potential growth & profits of renewables, & who therefore consequently fail to fund R&D in them. Couldn't be anything to do with their vested interests in oil & gas industries, and financial institutions funding those could it?

The great tragedy of the Blair/Brown era was that they followed Bush in his "interfere in the Middle East to guarantee energy security" policy, with devastating consequences for millions in Iraq etc and thousands of British service personnel and their families, and at a cost of Billions of pounds. Whereas if those same Billions had been invested in the UK becoming THE leading nation in renewables we would have energy security permanently.

But, as you say, vested interests and lobbying.
Bravo M. Macron on 04:29 - Sep 21 with 4540 viewsBenters2

Bravo M. Macron on 21:22 - Sep 20 by Lord_Lucan

This sort of crystal ballism doesn't do anyone any good.

He's sh1tting himself, they all are.

Fortunately for them all we have an incompetent government and an incompetent opposition.

Edit; That was actually a reply to the OP
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 22:16]

I make you right
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024