Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City 20:54 - Sep 20 with 5399 viewsMaySixth

The Times online now and in print tomorrow

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 20:56 - Sep 20 with 5017 viewsSuperfrans

“Facing” - that means they may be docked 15 points, but may not.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 20:58 - Sep 20 with 5004 viewspatrickswell

They’ll probably have 3 back after September 29....

Would put them 13 points behind us, if true.
15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:01 - Sep 20 with 4969 viewsJ2BLUE

These things never seem to actually happen. I'll believe it when I see it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:01 - Sep 20 with 4972 viewsitfcjoe

I don’t care how we stay up this year as long as we do, so this is good for us

Arry strikes again

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:03 - Sep 20 with 4946 viewsElderGrizzly

15 of a maximum of 21pt penalty for breaking FFP rules

Points penalties like this are required to make FFP have any teeth. Forest and Derby next?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 21:04]
15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:06 - Sep 20 with 4914 viewsBent_double

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 20:56 - Sep 20 by Superfrans

“Facing” - that means they may be docked 15 points, but may not.

Can't see it happening, but would be very happy if it did - not because it helps us, but because it will finally mean that the FL are enforcing FFP and that we were right to stick to it.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:37 - Sep 20 with 4729 viewsITFC_Forever

How can they be punished for a crime committed in the past by a rule / penalty introduced today?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:49 - Sep 20 with 4654 viewsSuperfrans

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:37 - Sep 20 by ITFC_Forever

How can they be punished for a crime committed in the past by a rule / penalty introduced today?

The rules have always existed. The penalty has just been changed.

It’s like if you were done for speeding (the offence being last month, but the ticket arriving today) and they upgraded the punishment, you would be subject to the new punishment.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:49 - Sep 20 with 4648 viewsNthsuffolkblue

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:37 - Sep 20 by ITFC_Forever

That is also true. The penalty should be that which was in the legislation at the time of the offence.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:01 - Sep 20 with 4558 viewsITFC_Forever

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:49 - Sep 20 by Superfrans

The rules have always existed. The penalty has just been changed.

It’s like if you were done for speeding (the offence being last month, but the ticket arriving today) and they upgraded the punishment, you would be subject to the new punishment.

Surely you can only be subject to the punishment that was in place at the time?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:12 - Sep 20 with 4492 viewsPinewoodblue

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:03 - Sep 20 by ElderGrizzly

15 of a maximum of 21pt penalty for breaking FFP rules

Points penalties like this are required to make FFP have any teeth. Forest and Derby next?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 21:04]

Presumably six points for breaking the rules last season, remember it is aggregated over 3 years, wit the other 9 to follow if they do the same this season.

They won't be the last.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:13 - Sep 20 with 4478 viewsElderGrizzly

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:12 - Sep 20 by Pinewoodblue

Presumably six points for breaking the rules last season, remember it is aggregated over 3 years, wit the other 9 to follow if they do the same this season.

They won't be the last.

The spending by Forest this season will take them over the limit. They are just gambling on going up so the fine won’t matter
15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:16 - Sep 20 with 4464 viewsElderGrizzly

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:01 - Sep 20 by ITFC_Forever

Surely you can only be subject to the punishment that was in place at the time?

They were already facing 12 points. They’ve just increased it due to their ‘aggrevated signing’ of a player

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-po
15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:22 - Sep 20 with 4420 viewsfactual_blue

Or, after prolonged discussions and threats of litigation, an addition of five points.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:26 - Sep 20 with 4399 viewsVic

It won’t happen. Sadly.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:39 - Sep 20 with 4335 viewsblueconscience

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:26 - Sep 20 by Vic

It won’t happen. Sadly.

Exactly, if they deduct points from one team for overspending, over half the teams in the division should also face a points deduction.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:41 - Sep 20 with 4322 viewsBinner

I like OP's title line. Its like the 1970s teleprinter at 5 o'clock on a Saturday when there was a big score...

Ipswich 7 (seven) West Bromwich 0

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 23:01 - Sep 20 with 4229 viewsHorseboy

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:13 - Sep 20 by ElderGrizzly

The spending by Forest this season will take them over the limit. They are just gambling on going up so the fine won’t matter

Are you certain about this accusation?

I'm interested, can you provide a breakdown of there accounts against available losses of 39 million over 3 years please?
15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 23:01 - Sep 20 with 4226 viewsElderGrizzly

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:39 - Sep 20 by blueconscience

Exactly, if they deduct points from one team for overspending, over half the teams in the division should also face a points deduction.

Only if they break the rules. We are overspending in theory. Our wage bill alone is about £5m more than our income
15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 23:20 - Sep 20 with 4153 viewsCoastalblue

If they start hitting lots of teams hard, then we could end up with a top half finish this season.*

*Actually I don't think we'll be that far away anyway as long as we show some patience.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 23:56 - Sep 20 with 4075 viewsGuthrum

FFP finally grows teeth.

Maybe.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 08:03 - Sep 21 with 3785 viewsCurrie10

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 21:01 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

I don’t care how we stay up this year as long as we do, so this is good for us

Arry strikes again

I love how Redknapp gets the blame for clueless people who don't understand football paying obscene money like it's his fault.

It's the clubs fault.
15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 08:31 - Sep 21 with 3703 viewsitfcjoe

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 08:03 - Sep 21 by Currie10

I love how Redknapp gets the blame for clueless people who don't understand football paying obscene money like it's his fault.

It's the clubs fault.

He does seem to have a way of getting owners to spend silly money and leaving them in difficult.

I agree it is the owners fault though ultimately for doing so - he just seems to leave a path of financial ruin behind him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 08:32 - Sep 21 with 3698 viewsArnieM

The EFL is toothless. So it won’t happen.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 08:43 - Sep 21 with 3664 viewsRadlett_blue

15 (FIFTEEN) point deduction for Birmingham City on 22:41 - Sep 20 by Binner

I like OP's title line. Its like the 1970s teleprinter at 5 o'clock on a Saturday when there was a big score...

Ipswich 7 (seven) West Bromwich 0

I struggled with the switch from the teleprinter to the vidiprinter, myself.

I also miss Button "B".
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 8:44]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024