Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I voted remain 22:18 - Sep 20 with 18990 viewsclive_baker

But now I’m getting to the point where I think feck them all. Macron’s annoyed me. Crash out with no deal and pick up the pieces after I say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I voted remain on 22:20 - Sep 20 with 8436 viewsBlueorder

We might be picking up the pieces for a very long time indeed.
I voted remain on 22:21 - Sep 20 with 8431 viewsmos

That’s a very pathetic way of doing things.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

I voted remain on 22:24 - Sep 20 with 8421 viewsVic

Exactly! It is just this sort of statement that lay behind my ‘leave’ vote. I resent other leaders tell8ng us what we must do. Let him concentrate on sorting out his countries own mess and not tell us what we should do.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I voted remain on 22:24 - Sep 20 with 8417 viewsJ2BLUE

If you voted remain why are you getting offended on behalf of Boris, Gove, Rees-Mogg etc?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I voted remain on 22:27 - Sep 20 with 8410 viewsfactual_blue

I voted remain on 22:24 - Sep 20 by Vic

Exactly! It is just this sort of statement that lay behind my ‘leave’ vote. I resent other leaders tell8ng us what we must do. Let him concentrate on sorting out his countries own mess and not tell us what we should do.

It's a good job the British Empire never devoted any effort to telling others how to run their affairs, and then sending a gunship to emphasise the point.

Oh....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I voted remain on 22:32 - Sep 20 with 8388 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

But he's a cuddly ex Rotschild banker, I mean centrist!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I voted remain on 22:33 - Sep 20 with 8376 viewsFtnfwest

I voted remain on 22:27 - Sep 20 by factual_blue

It's a good job the British Empire never devoted any effort to telling others how to run their affairs, and then sending a gunship to emphasise the point.

Oh....

Or the German one...mmm
I voted remain on 22:34 - Sep 20 with 8378 viewsclive_baker

I voted remain on 22:24 - Sep 20 by J2BLUE

If you voted remain why are you getting offended on behalf of Boris, Gove, Rees-Mogg etc?

I’m not offended on anyone’s behalf, I’m just bored of it all. I wanted in, more people wanted out, get on with it now I say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

I voted remain on 00:12 - Sep 21 with 8260 viewsBlueBadger

Then you're nearly as big an idiot as those who were taken in by Boris and his gang.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I voted remain on 00:14 - Sep 21 with 8253 viewsSpruceMoose

I don't believe you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I voted remain on 00:23 - Sep 21 with 8240 viewsBlueBadger

So, what's your view on Nigel Farage addressing political rallies of not-at-all nazis in Germany, say?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I voted remain on 00:50 - Sep 21 with 8215 viewsjeera

I voted remain on 22:27 - Sep 20 by factual_blue

Oh....

To be fair we always emphasise this, but tend to overlook how the French, Spanish, Portugese, Italians and Dutch all did the same.

The concept of mercantilism was hardly unique to the British.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I voted remain on 01:09 - Sep 21 with 8199 viewsRyorry

Can't agree with your last sentence, but despite being a firm "remainer", his comment tonight (as quoted by Facters) annoyed me too - and you can therefore understand a bit more why some "leavers" voted as they did.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I voted remain on 01:10 - Sep 21 with 8188 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 01:09 - Sep 21 by Ryorry

Can't agree with your last sentence, but despite being a firm "remainer", his comment tonight (as quoted by Facters) annoyed me too - and you can therefore understand a bit more why some "leavers" voted as they did.

I suppose he can be right, and we can be annoyed, and both be kind of correct!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I voted remain on 01:15 - Sep 21 with 8180 viewsRyorry

I voted remain on 01:10 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

I suppose he can be right, and we can be annoyed, and both be kind of correct!

Well, sort of. Which comments all round just go to show how wonderfully suited to a simple "yes" or "no" referendum the whole shooting match was!

Not.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I voted remain on 01:18 - Sep 21 with 8160 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 01:15 - Sep 21 by Ryorry

Well, sort of. Which comments all round just go to show how wonderfully suited to a simple "yes" or "no" referendum the whole shooting match was!

Not.

Blurgh. Stop the world I want to be German.

I voted remain on 08:09 - Sep 21 with 7948 viewsbournemouthblue

I voted remain on 22:21 - Sep 20 by mos

That’s a very pathetic way of doing things.

The Brexmaniacs like Mogg will relish that

The problem I have with the no deal and the people who want it in parliament is they are unlikely to feel any pain from it. In fact there are some very wealthy individuals set to make a lot of money from the turbulence it will bring.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I voted remain on 08:17 - Sep 21 with 7924 viewsSomethingBlue

The problem is that Macron is absolutely right. Hard words for anyone to hear - but impossible to argue with.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I voted remain on 08:19 - Sep 21 with 7932 viewsRegencyBlue

It's the EU's usual modus operandi.

The result of a democratic vote which they dont like is constantly attacked and pressure put on to 'think again'.

In short democracy is OK as long as the plebs vote the way they are supposed to!
I voted remain on 08:24 - Sep 21 with 7905 viewsBluefish

I find the half wits quite amusing when they get annoyed at experts, prominent figures and the media only reporting on the negatives and the danger. Maybe just maybe it is because that is the reality

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I voted remain on 08:32 - Sep 21 with 7883 viewsuefacup81

I voted remain on 08:19 - Sep 21 by RegencyBlue

The result of a democratic vote which they dont like is constantly attacked and pressure put on to 'think again'.

In short democracy is OK as long as the plebs vote the way they are supposed to!

See also: Ireland and the Lisbon Treaty.

Part of the problem is that the UK's negotiation has been utterly woeful. Anyone with even the most basic understanding of negotiation knows that you lead with your 'moon-on-a-stick' demands, and allow yourself to be argued down to something you're still rather happy with.

May has led with a very weak set of demands, and has been argued down from there.

So much of the EU's attitude is (in my eyes, at least) damage limitation. If they allow the UK to negotiate any sort of favourable deal whatsoever, it'll strengthen anti-EU movements in many more EU countries by showing that it is possible to successfully leave the EU. More than anything else, their aim is to make an example of the UK 'pour encourager les autres'...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I voted remain on 08:34 - Sep 21 with 7875 viewsSomethingBlue

I voted remain on 08:19 - Sep 21 by RegencyBlue

It's your pals Rees-Mogg and Johnson who hate the "plebs", not the EU. That's the biggest tragedy of this entire sad affair.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 8:35]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I voted remain on 08:38 - Sep 21 with 7857 viewsNo9

You resent others telling others what to do?
has it occured t you that is just what the tories are trying to do in Europe?
I voted remain on 08:42 - Sep 21 with 7840 viewsuefacup81

I voted remain on 08:34 - Sep 21 by SomethingBlue

It's your pals Rees-Mogg and Johnson who hate the "plebs", not the EU. That's the biggest tragedy of this entire sad affair.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 8:35]

Or maybe it's more a case of the EU having no time for anyone who disagrees with them and their way of doing things.

If you look at Ireland and the Lisbon Treaty; following the original 'no' vote, the EU ploughed money into Eire and made damned sure that every project with even the tiniest amount of EU funding had a massive sign highlighting the fact that the EU was paying for it.

How is this sort of thing any different to the actions of the USSR in sub-Saharan Africa and South America in the 1970s/80s, or the current actions of China around the world, by funding infrastructure projects in order to win countries over to their way of thinking?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I voted remain on 08:46 - Sep 21 with 7821 viewsNo9

I voted remain on 08:42 - Sep 21 by uefacup81

Or maybe it's more a case of the EU having no time for anyone who disagrees with them and their way of doing things.

If you look at Ireland and the Lisbon Treaty; following the original 'no' vote, the EU ploughed money into Eire and made damned sure that every project with even the tiniest amount of EU funding had a massive sign highlighting the fact that the EU was paying for it.

How is this sort of thing any different to the actions of the USSR in sub-Saharan Africa and South America in the 1970s/80s, or the current actions of China around the world, by funding infrastructure projects in order to win countries over to their way of thinking?

You don't see it was the reality of the loss of EU support for the Irish infrastructure and the considerable sums of international money coming into support the Irish economy as being relevant - because all that would have cease & Ireland would have returned to being potato growers?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024