Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I voted remain 22:18 - Sep 20 with 18987 viewsclive_baker

But now I’m getting to the point where I think feck them all. Macron’s annoyed me. Crash out with no deal and pick up the pieces after I say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I voted remain on 08:54 - Sep 21 with 3011 viewsVic

I voted remain on 00:23 - Sep 21 by BlueBadger

So, what's your view on Nigel Farage addressing political rallies of not-at-all nazis in Germany, say?

Farage (I can’t stand him) is not prime minister and a leading member of the eu.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I voted remain on 08:56 - Sep 21 with 3015 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

I voted remain on 08:42 - Sep 21 by uefacup81

Or maybe it's more a case of the EU having no time for anyone who disagrees with them and their way of doing things.

If you look at Ireland and the Lisbon Treaty; following the original 'no' vote, the EU ploughed money into Eire and made damned sure that every project with even the tiniest amount of EU funding had a massive sign highlighting the fact that the EU was paying for it.

How is this sort of thing any different to the actions of the USSR in sub-Saharan Africa and South America in the 1970s/80s, or the current actions of China around the world, by funding infrastructure projects in order to win countries over to their way of thinking?

The EU had ploughed money into Ireland long long before Lisbon. Those many infrastructure projects did indeed have signs showing EU involvement.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

I voted remain on 09:39 - Sep 21 with 2970 viewschicoazul

I believe now that the OPs attitude is the one we now need to adopt, urgently. We need to be belligerent narky and fearless. Yes it was stupidity that got us to this point but there is no undoing it now, until a pro-EU party campaigns for re-entry as its' general election pledge and wins. Until that time we need to go No Deal, accept the economic and social pain this will visit (the worst of which btw will fall upon a significant number of people who voted for Brexit in the first place in the industrial/agri heartlands), man up and get through it. It's the only way comrades.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I voted remain on 09:41 - Sep 21 with 2968 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 00:23 - Sep 21 by BlueBadger

So, what's your view on Nigel Farage addressing political rallies of not-at-all nazis in Germany, say?

You need to forget about him. He won. Now we have to live with what he did and make sure that he and his Thatcherite ilk dont get a chance at running things post Brexit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I voted remain on 09:50 - Sep 21 with 2952 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 09:41 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

You need to forget about him. He won. Now we have to live with what he did and make sure that he and his Thatcherite ilk dont get a chance at running things post Brexit.

Can't we just cut the cnt loose on those who voted his way?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I voted remain on 09:58 - Sep 21 with 2938 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 09:50 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

Can't we just cut the cnt loose on those who voted his way?

I just dont want him or any of those reseholes involved with running the country in 3 years time, thats one of the most important things now.

I voted remain on 10:04 - Sep 21 with 2938 viewsuefacup81

I voted remain on 08:46 - Sep 21 by No9

You don't see it was the reality of the loss of EU support for the Irish infrastructure and the considerable sums of international money coming into support the Irish economy as being relevant - because all that would have cease & Ireland would have returned to being potato growers?

Ergo - "give us the referendum result we want, or we'll ruin you".

Hungary 1956 springs to mind.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I voted remain on 10:09 - Sep 21 with 2927 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 10:04 - Sep 21 by uefacup81

Ergo - "give us the referendum result we want, or we'll ruin you".

Hungary 1956 springs to mind.

Mmmm.

Login to get fewer ads

I voted remain on 10:10 - Sep 21 with 2922 viewsfactual_blue

I voted remain on 00:50 - Sep 21 by jeera

To be fair we always emphasise this, but tend to overlook how the French, Spanish, Portugese, Italians and Dutch all did the same.

The concept of mercantilism was hardly unique to the British.

Although the British opium trade in China took it to new heights.

Sorry, took it to new depths, even by the standards of the day.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I voted remain on 10:27 - Sep 21 with 2893 viewsRyorry

I voted remain on 09:39 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

I believe now that the OPs attitude is the one we now need to adopt, urgently. We need to be belligerent narky and fearless. Yes it was stupidity that got us to this point but there is no undoing it now, until a pro-EU party campaigns for re-entry as its' general election pledge and wins. Until that time we need to go No Deal, accept the economic and social pain this will visit (the worst of which btw will fall upon a significant number of people who voted for Brexit in the first place in the industrial/agri heartlands), man up and get through it. It's the only way comrades.

Looks like all those threads we've had on coping with depression will now be coming into their own
:(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I voted remain on 11:57 - Sep 21 with 2852 viewscaught-in-limbo

First up, I would have voted Brexit if I'd been eligible.

Secondly, Macron is right, the pro-Brexit campaign was a lie. There has never been any intention of carrying out Brexit. This is one of the few moments when I can remember Macron being honest.

Thirdly, May, Cameron, Boris, Macron etc have absolutely no interest in Brexit and never had. If you think differently, give me one example of anything they have actually done (not said) that has actually moved Britain closer to Brexit rather than greater EU control.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 12:03]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I voted remain on 12:10 - Sep 21 with 2837 viewsRyorry

I voted remain on 11:57 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

Secondly, Macron is right, the pro-Brexit campaign was a lie. There has never been any intention of carrying out Brexit. This is one of the few moments when I can remember Macron being honest.

Thirdly, May, Cameron, Boris, Macron etc have absolutely no interest in Brexit and never had. If you think differently, give me one example of anything they have actually done (not said) that has actually moved Britain closer to Brexit rather than greater EU control.

Interesting perspective ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I voted remain on 12:11 - Sep 21 with 2835 viewsGlasgowBlue

You have been consistent with that view from the off and little that we have seen has persuaded me you were wrong.

I said a few months ago that when we are all dead and gone they will build a statue of Theresa May in Brussels in honour of her saving the EU project and keeping the UK in.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I voted remain on 12:13 - Sep 21 with 2835 viewsgiant_stow

triggered article 50?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I voted remain on 12:13 - Sep 21 with 2834 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 12:10 - Sep 21 by Ryorry

Interesting perspective ...

It's the same perspective I've had since 3 months before the vote and every day since.

#toxic

I voted remain on 12:16 - Sep 21 with 2829 viewschicoazul

Triggered article 50.

I voted remain on 12:16 - Sep 21 with 2826 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 12:16 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

Triggered article 50.

get your own post, brute.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 12:17]

I voted remain on 12:16 - Sep 21 with 2826 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 12:13 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

triggered article 50?

JINX NO RETURN

I voted remain on 12:16 - Sep 21 with 2826 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 12:13 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

triggered article 50?

That's nothing more than a statement of intention. Has anything actually changed since the day before Article 50 was triggered?

#toxic

I voted remain on 12:17 - Sep 21 with 2823 viewsBlueinBrum

I voted remain on 22:34 - Sep 20 by clive_baker

I’m not offended on anyone’s behalf, I’m just bored of it all. I wanted in, more people wanted out, get on with it now I say.

That's an somewhat understandable but ultimately stupid way of looking at the situation, IMO.
I voted remain on 12:18 - Sep 21 with 2822 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 12:16 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

That's nothing more than a statement of intention. Has anything actually changed since the day before Article 50 was triggered?

Yes, the status quo changed: the default position is we leave in march.

I voted remain on 12:20 - Sep 21 with 2814 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 12:16 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

Yes, we are leaving the EU the end of March 2019.

I voted remain on 12:24 - Sep 21 with 2809 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 12:17 - Sep 21 by BlueinBrum

That's an somewhat understandable but ultimately stupid way of looking at the situation, IMO.

No what's stupid is holding out some sort of hope that we will either a)wangle a way to stay in before we leave or b)get a good deal.

I voted remain on 12:24 - Sep 21 with 2810 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 12:11 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

You have been consistent with that view from the off and little that we have seen has persuaded me you were wrong.

I said a few months ago that when we are all dead and gone they will build a statue of Theresa May in Brussels in honour of her saving the EU project and keeping the UK in.

Precisely. I even know Spanish and French business owners who have changed their plans from putting their European head quarters in London to Paris instead. What a great way to centralise EU power. The EU leaders love Theresa May. If we were serious about breaking away from the EU, we wouldn't still be cutting our armed forces. What's the point of greater independence only to have a more integrated EU military?

#toxic

I voted remain on 12:24 - Sep 21 with 2807 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 12:20 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

Yes, we are leaving the EU the end of March 2019.

Your brute you!!!!!

I'm waiting for the the clever killer point that we're missing....

(I've never understood why Terry may is seen as anti brexit when she was in such a blind rush to trigger article 50 and by doing so, give our one trump card away for nothing. I told this one before, but someone I now work with used to work in the Leave campaign headquarters - she was in there every day)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024