Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I voted remain 22:18 - Sep 20 with 18974 viewsclive_baker

But now I’m getting to the point where I think feck them all. Macron’s annoyed me. Crash out with no deal and pick up the pieces after I say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I voted remain on 12:26 - Sep 21 with 2225 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 12:20 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

Yes, we are leaving the EU the end of March 2019.

If we do leave then it will be with a Norway deal and we will apply to rejoin within ten to 15 years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I voted remain on 12:28 - Sep 21 with 2219 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 12:26 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

If we do leave then it will be with a Norway deal and we will apply to rejoin within ten to 15 years.

and lose the quid?

Wouldn't that be smashing - brexiters causing us to lose sovereignty eventually. The Tower of London for you all.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I voted remain on 12:29 - Sep 21 with 2218 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 12:26 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

I feel pretty much as you do but I am slowly modifying my position. It does seem like we really are going to be out. Of course it will be half out as opposed to our current position of half in and the idea that we would be free from the influence of 500m person economy on our doorstep is ludicrous. But I do now think we will be out with No Deal.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I voted remain on 12:31 - Sep 21 with 2209 viewscaught-in-limbo

I voted remain on 12:20 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

Yes, we are leaving the EU the end of March 2019.

I look forward to you detailing the difference between Brexit and virtual-Brexit.

I'm happy to be served up humble Brexit pie at the end of March 2019, but at the moment I can only see Brexit egg being wiped off lots of people's faces.

I wouldn't put it past the government to increase tensions with Russia to such a level that a National Unity Government is called and Brexit postponed. I'm not saying that will happen, just that it's more likely than Brexit happening.

But let's not get too carried away on what may or not happen. Let's just see.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I voted remain on 12:34 - Sep 21 with 2202 viewsRyorry

I voted remain on 12:24 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

Precisely. I even know Spanish and French business owners who have changed their plans from putting their European head quarters in London to Paris instead. What a great way to centralise EU power. The EU leaders love Theresa May. If we were serious about breaking away from the EU, we wouldn't still be cutting our armed forces. What's the point of greater independence only to have a more integrated EU military?

I thought defence was one area where we'd still be co-operating?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I voted remain on 12:35 - Sep 21 with 2196 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 12:29 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

I feel pretty much as you do but I am slowly modifying my position. It does seem like we really are going to be out. Of course it will be half out as opposed to our current position of half in and the idea that we would be free from the influence of 500m person economy on our doorstep is ludicrous. But I do now think we will be out with No Deal.

May doesn't have the balls to walk with no deal.

If she did then last night was the time to say "fcuk you £40billion settlement. We are out".

The leaders of the 27 smaller nations would have pressured Junker and Tusk to come back with a compromise.

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 12:35 - Sep 21 with 2197 viewsRyorry

I voted remain on 12:31 - Sep 21 by caught-in-limbo

I look forward to you detailing the difference between Brexit and virtual-Brexit.

I'm happy to be served up humble Brexit pie at the end of March 2019, but at the moment I can only see Brexit egg being wiped off lots of people's faces.

I wouldn't put it past the government to increase tensions with Russia to such a level that a National Unity Government is called and Brexit postponed. I'm not saying that will happen, just that it's more likely than Brexit happening.

"I wouldn't put it past the government to increase tensions with Russia to such a level that a National Unity Government is called and Brexit postponed. I'm not saying that will happen, just that it's more likely than Brexit happening. "

Ooooh you are naughty!!

I voted remain on 12:35 - Sep 21 with 2196 viewsgiant_stow

so you haven't really got a killer point, just a hunch. Fair enough - you could be right i spose.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

I voted remain on 12:37 - Sep 21 with 2189 viewsGlasgowBlue

There is no chance that a government of national unity will be called so long as Corbyn is Labour leader.

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 12:38 - Sep 21 with 2188 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 12:35 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

If she did then last night was the time to say "fcuk you £40billion settlement. We are out".

The leaders of the 27 smaller nations would have pressured Junker and Tusk to come back with a compromise.

That would have been seen as knee-jerk and emotional wouldn't it? Maybe in a day or two though - she might actually gain some respect for that.

I voted remain on 12:43 - Sep 21 with 2180 viewsRyorry

I voted remain on 12:17 - Sep 21 by BlueinBrum

That's an somewhat understandable but ultimately stupid way of looking at the situation, IMO.

Tbf it is understandable - there was a political commentator on R5l late last night saying exactly that - ie because a concise summary of the pros and cons of Brexit has never been made, the whole thing has droned on everywhere, all the time, resulting in it becoming just such background noise that people have stopped listening and want it over and done with, regardless of what "it" may be.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 12:43]

I voted remain on 12:43 - Sep 21 with 2178 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 12:38 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

That would have been seen as knee-jerk and emotional wouldn't it? Maybe in a day or two though - she might actually gain some respect for that.

I would expect her to get rid of Ollie Robbins, who assured her that Chequers would be met with a favourable response. But she won't.

The civil service has been running this op from day one.

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 12:50 - Sep 21 with 2170 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 12:43 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

I would expect her to get rid of Ollie Robbins, who assured her that Chequers would be met with a favourable response. But she won't.

The civil service has been running this op from day one.

Does seem they've been led up the garden path a bit by the Europeans. I've got a bit of sympathy with the OP tbh.

I voted remain on 12:50 - Sep 21 with 2169 viewschicoazul

So we have gone from "nothing has happened to move the UK away from EU control" to "lets see what happens"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I voted remain on 12:56 - Sep 21 with 2154 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 12:35 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

Dont we owe them the money regardless of deal or no deal?

I voted remain on 13:10 - Sep 21 with 2133 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 12:56 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

Dont we owe them the money regardless of deal or no deal?

No. It's part of the negotiations to reaching a deal. No deal then it's off the table. With the UK being only one of three net contributors the EU would be fcuked.

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 13:12 - Sep 21 with 2132 viewschicoazul

I voted remain on 13:10 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

No. It's part of the negotiations to reaching a deal. No deal then it's off the table. With the UK being only one of three net contributors the EU would be fcuked.

But legally..? I confess I have no idea really. And i would imagine that if we didnt pay they would punish us on trade, capital movement etc

I voted remain on 13:16 - Sep 21 with 2124 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 13:12 - Sep 21 by chicoazul

But legally..? I confess I have no idea really. And i would imagine that if we didnt pay they would punish us on trade, capital movement etc

"And the Government would not pay the terms of the financial settlement, as agreed with the EU as part of the Withdrawal Agreement. There’s no deal without the whole deal".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/09/12/britain-need-not-afraid-no-deal-

But it won't get to that stage.

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 13:43 - Sep 21 with 2097 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 12:50 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

Does seem they've been led up the garden path a bit by the Europeans. I've got a bit of sympathy with the OP tbh.

May about to speak outside No 10.

"......I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is now at war with the rest of Europe"

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 13:51 - Sep 21 with 2089 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 13:43 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

"......I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is now at war with the rest of Europe"

Just checked the guardian and saw Tusk taking the piss - i thought he was on our side (sort of!). prick.

I voted remain on 13:55 - Sep 21 with 2087 viewsartsbossbeard

I voted remain and the country voted leave.

That's the vote, us remainers need to embrace it and take it on the chin. It was a democratic process and we can't keep going back & forth 'til we get a result/decision that we like. That's not democracy.

We can all stand on the cliff tops at Dover and shake our collective fist at the rest of the Europe whilst becoming insular & non appreciative of other nations struggles from afar. It's no longer our issue.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I voted remain on 13:59 - Sep 21 with 2076 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 13:51 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

Just checked the guardian and saw Tusk taking the piss - i thought he was on our side (sort of!). prick.

May's statement is being delayed due to a power failure in N0 10. There has been a power failure at No 10 since last June.

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 14:01 - Sep 21 with 2072 viewsslump

I voted remain on 13:43 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

What's the bet that it will be Groundhog Day. Something along the lines of this:

UTT

I voted remain on 14:02 - Sep 21 with 2067 viewsStokieBlue

Good old Russia, squeaky clean and picked on horribly by all those mean and nasty Western countries.

SB
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 14:05]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I voted remain on 14:05 - Sep 21 with 2056 viewsNo9

I voted remain on 13:16 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

"And the Government would not pay the terms of the financial settlement, as agreed with the EU as part of the Withdrawal Agreement. There’s no deal without the whole deal".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/09/12/britain-need-not-afraid-no-deal-

But it won't get to that stage.

Wouldn't the EU just take the UK government to the international courts?

It is the UK that is breaking the law not the EU, the sooner politicians understand what law is involved the better = to much to ask
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024