Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I voted remain 22:18 - Sep 20 with 18980 viewsclive_baker

But now I’m getting to the point where I think feck them all. Macron’s annoyed me. Crash out with no deal and pick up the pieces after I say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I voted remain on 14:06 - Sep 21 with 1412 viewsGlasgowBlue

I voted remain on 14:05 - Sep 21 by No9

Wouldn't the EU just take the UK government to the international courts?

It is the UK that is breaking the law not the EU, the sooner politicians understand what law is involved the better = to much to ask

Don't shoot the messenger freddo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I voted remain on 14:11 - Sep 21 with 1396 viewsStokieBlue

I voted remain on 13:59 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

May's statement is being delayed due to a power failure in N0 10. There has been a power failure at No 10 since last June.

Well she's just stuck the boot in and blamed the EU.

Seemed pretty much like a no deal brexit speech to me, telling people to get used to that idea and blaming the EU entirely for not negotiating.

That's going to increase calls for a no-deal vs remain vote hugely. She's basically told the EU to sod off.

SB

Edit: Just seen Tusk's tweets. What a tool, unhelpful and unprofessional for someone in his position - very Trumpian.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 14:14]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I voted remain on 14:14 - Sep 21 with 1382 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:11 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

Seemed pretty much like a no deal brexit speech to me, telling people to get used to that idea and blaming the EU entirely for not negotiating.

That's going to increase calls for a no-deal vs remain vote hugely. She's basically told the EU to sod off.

SB

Edit: Just seen Tusk's tweets. What a tool, unhelpful and unprofessional for someone in his position - very Trumpian.

Second referendum here we come. Good job Theresa. Best make sure my postal vote details are up to date.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I voted remain on 14:15 - Sep 21 with 1379 viewsslump

SB

That's what I heard.

Basically, it's my ball and I'm going home so ner.

They are no further forward than eighteen months ago. A no deal is no good for the UK or the EU, I just can't see what will be given

UTT

I voted remain on 14:15 - Sep 21 with 1379 viewsStokieBlue

I voted remain on 14:14 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

Second referendum here we come. Good job Theresa. Best make sure my postal vote details are up to date.

That's an interesting way to interpret that speech.

SB

I voted remain on 14:15 - Sep 21 with 1377 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:15 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

That's an interesting way to interpret that speech.

SB

Just wishful thinking

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I voted remain on 14:22 - Sep 21 with 1351 viewsGlasgowBlue

SB

I'm no fan but that was a strong speech. Had she performed as strongly as that during the election then she'd have got a majority.

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 14:23 - Sep 21 with 1348 viewsgiant_stow

SB

This is a good line:

"She says she has treated the EU “with nothing but respect” and says that she expects the same."

and true

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

I voted remain on 14:24 - Sep 21 with 1344 viewsStokieBlue

I voted remain on 14:22 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

I'm no fan but that was a strong speech. Had she performed as strongly as that during the election then she'd have got a majority.

You honestly think so?

She had a fair point that the EU need to move on points as well but it came across a lot like a tantrum and basically a statement that we are going to have a no deal brexit.

There isn't really anywhere to go from that speech, the EU aren't going to move, she can't move now without looking foolish so it's no deal brexit - might as well do it now.

SB

I voted remain on 14:26 - Sep 21 with 1338 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:24 - Sep 21 by StokieBlue

You honestly think so?

She had a fair point that the EU need to move on points as well but it came across a lot like a tantrum and basically a statement that we are going to have a no deal brexit.

There isn't really anywhere to go from that speech, the EU aren't going to move, she can't move now without looking foolish so it's no deal brexit - might as well do it now.

SB

Sometimes I think that a good hard Brexit is the only way some people will realise the path they've put us on.

I voted remain on 14:29 - Sep 21 with 1332 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 14:26 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

Sometimes I think that a good hard Brexit is the only way some people will realise the path they've put us on.

I'm starting to think that too, but do it properly and honestly ie. now and tell the population that austerity was nothing compared to whats coming in our new ultra low tax regime.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I voted remain on 14:30 - Sep 21 with 1327 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:29 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

I'm starting to think that too, but do it properly and honestly ie. now and tell the population that austerity was nothing compared to whats coming in our new ultra low tax regime.

I suspect it would be dismissed as scaremongering.

Until it actually happens anyway.

I voted remain on 14:31 - Sep 21 with 1324 viewsRyorry

I voted remain on 13:59 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

May's statement is being delayed due to a power failure in N0 10. There has been a power failure at No 10 since last June.

EDF pulling the wires

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I voted remain on 14:32 - Sep 21 with 1317 viewsGlasgowBlue

You honestly think so?

SB

Yes. Regardless of whether one agrees with the content. It was stronger on tone than anything we've heard from her for a while.

That also seems to be the general consensus

Iron Lion Zion

I voted remain on 14:32 - Sep 21 with 1312 viewsSpruceMoose

You honestly think so?

SB

Demanding respect is certainly one way you guarantee not getting any.

I voted remain on 14:33 - Sep 21 with 1309 viewsJ2BLUE

I voted remain on 14:22 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

To me she came across like a primary school teacher reading the class a story. Really trying to enunciate each word. Not a criticism, just what it reminded me of.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I voted remain on 14:33 - Sep 21 with 1309 viewsRyorry

I voted remain on 14:30 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

I suspect it would be dismissed as scaremongering.

Until it actually happens anyway.

Dunno, think many more are now getting it - tho by no means all of course.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I voted remain on 14:34 - Sep 21 with 1306 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:32 - Sep 21 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. Regardless of whether one agrees with the content. It was stronger on tone than anything we've heard from her for a while.

To me, she just always looks as if she's acting stern and strong rather than actually being those things.

I voted remain on 14:36 - Sep 21 with 1293 viewsgiant_stow

I voted remain on 14:32 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

Demanding respect is certainly one way you guarantee not getting any.

They have actually genuinely taken the piss yesterday though, so short of telling them go fck themselves, that was the best line available and captures the mood too.

I voted remain on 14:37 - Sep 21 with 1286 viewsWeWereZombies

So it's all about the Tory party, their internal divisions and leadership struggle and damn the rest of us. Unconscionable.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I voted remain on 14:38 - Sep 21 with 1281 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:33 - Sep 21 by Ryorry

Dunno, think many more are now getting it - tho by no means all of course.

It's the folk like Pickles, who will never even take another look at it, who need showing really.

I voted remain on 14:38 - Sep 21 with 1281 viewsStokieBlue

Quite few tweets saying the exact opposite - The New Statesman for instance. I can see how it would play well to supporters, it's certainly uncompromising.

What are your thoughts on the actual content?

SB

I voted remain on 14:39 - Sep 21 with 1278 viewsJ2BLUE

I voted remain on 14:36 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

They have actually genuinely taken the piss yesterday though, so short of telling them go fck themselves, that was the best line available and captures the mood too.

Remember when you were a scum supporting remainer?

You've come a long way.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I voted remain on 14:40 - Sep 21 with 1277 viewsSpruceMoose

I voted remain on 14:36 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

Why would they want to act in our best interests. Out means out right? They may have been taking the p!ss. We deserved it.

I voted remain on 14:41 - Sep 21 with 1274 viewsMJallday

I voted remain on 22:27 - Sep 20 by factual_blue

It's a good job the British Empire never devoted any effort to telling others how to run their affairs, and then sending a gunship to emphasise the point.

Oh....

perhaps we should just invade germany?... thatll solve it. they'll have to do what we say then.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024