Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts 09:56 - Sep 21 with 5743 viewsBluefish

I am off to a ridiculously posh wedding tomorrow in one of the most expensive hotels in the Britain. The majority of people there will be millionaires, I am not one of them. The couple live in 1.5 million plus house and have good jobs (They worked there way to them and started at the bottom). I am invited all day, how much do you give? It is cash contributions to the honeymoon opposed to gifts

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 12:42 - Sep 21 with 2338 viewsBluefish

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 12:40 - Sep 21 by footers

Don't get me wrong, Joe. I always take a gift to a wedding but it just so happens I've never been to one where there's been a list. It seems totally bizarre to me to demand things of people who are already spending money on attending. As I said above, gifts should be given not demanded.

And if they want a nice set of china then they can bloody well work for it.

Wedding lists have been standard for over 15 years. Nowadays honeymoon contributions are the new norm

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 12:52 - Sep 21 with 2330 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 12:24 - Sep 21 by Bluefish

If invited all day yes probably but only one I've been to in recent years was a family member so they got more

If Idve known Idve invited you to my wedding.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 12:55 - Sep 21 with 2326 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 12:42 - Sep 21 by Bluefish

Wedding lists have been standard for over 15 years. Nowadays honeymoon contributions are the new norm

All very crass.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:03 - Sep 21 with 2316 viewsBurwell_Blue

Asking for wedding gifts in 2018 (and more so when you are comfortable) is a joke.

Donations to charity or you have zero class.
Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:28 - Sep 21 with 2292 viewsfarkenhell

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:03 - Sep 21 by Burwell_Blue

Asking for wedding gifts in 2018 (and more so when you are comfortable) is a joke.

Donations to charity or you have zero class.

We asked for no gifts at our wedding. The wedding invitations included a crap comment along the lines of "we want your presence, not presents". This was my wife's inspiration, I should add.

This was against my better judgement. Being a man of no morals or indeed class, I wanted "the stuff". I am pleased to say that most of the guests duly obliged. Apart from my wife's uncle, that is. Who proceeded to take full advantage of the free bar. Yet again, he is a c**t.
Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:34 - Sep 21 with 2282 viewsSpruceMoose

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 10:39 - Sep 21 by Bluefish

I had that thought but attendees are going to want to buy a gift (The loaded ones especially) so they need to give an option that doesn't leave them piled up with expensive tat

Option 1) A Faberge egg
Option 2) An apartment in Dubai
Option 3) An Amazon gift voucher for $5,000,000.

Option 1 if you're tight.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:49 - Sep 21 with 2261 viewsBluefish

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:34 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

Option 1) A Faberge egg
Option 2) An apartment in Dubai
Option 3) An Amazon gift voucher for $5,000,000.

Option 1 if you're tight.

Kinder egg?

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:53 - Sep 21 with 2257 viewsSpruceMoose

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:49 - Sep 21 by Bluefish

Kinder egg?

Only if you want to give them a choking hazard on their big day.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:56 - Sep 21 with 2255 viewsfooters

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:53 - Sep 21 by SpruceMoose

Only if you want to give them a choking hazard on their big day.

That's usually left to the groom on the honeymoon.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 14:01 - Sep 21 with 2244 viewsSpruceMoose

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:56 - Sep 21 by footers

Or one of the bridesmaids.

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 18:25 - Sep 21 with 2214 viewscaught-in-limbo

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:56 - Sep 21 by footers

You're wasted on this forum.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 19:21 - Sep 21 with 2181 viewsJ2BLUE

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:28 - Sep 21 by farkenhell

We asked for no gifts at our wedding. The wedding invitations included a crap comment along the lines of "we want your presence, not presents". This was my wife's inspiration, I should add.

This was against my better judgement. Being a man of no morals or indeed class, I wanted "the stuff". I am pleased to say that most of the guests duly obliged. Apart from my wife's uncle, that is. Who proceeded to take full advantage of the free bar. Yet again, he is a c**t.

Dad?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 19:22 - Sep 21 with 2178 viewsSpruceMoose

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 13:28 - Sep 21 by farkenhell

Say hello to my niece for me.

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 21:50 - Sep 21 with 2146 viewsronnyd

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 11:07 - Sep 21 by jeera

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/27/bride-cancels-her-wedding-after-guests-refuse-to-

The bride on the linky sounds a really classy lady . Think the groom to be had a very lucky escape.
Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 08:19 - Sep 22 with 2077 viewsbrogansnose

I wouldnt get too hung up on the amount to give. If the couple are going to look poorly on , say £100, then I think it reflects on them rather than you. Seeing as they clearly like you and have invited you all day then I'd probably lump in £200. Failing that you can always swop envelopes with someone who has weighed in heavier.

Your biggest problem is going to be drinking too much falling down juice and belting out the words to Angels on the dance floor or going the full Travolta with the flying jacket scenario.

Anyhow, have a good day.
Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 08:39 - Sep 22 with 2068 viewsBluefish

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 08:19 - Sep 22 by brogansnose

I wouldnt get too hung up on the amount to give. If the couple are going to look poorly on , say £100, then I think it reflects on them rather than you. Seeing as they clearly like you and have invited you all day then I'd probably lump in £200. Failing that you can always swop envelopes with someone who has weighed in heavier.

Your biggest problem is going to be drinking too much falling down juice and belting out the words to Angels on the dance floor or going the full Travolta with the flying jacket scenario.

Anyhow, have a good day.

Fair points although I think they prefer the missus to me.

My knee rules me out of all dancing and means extreme care when walking especially on stairs. Not sure my drinking will agree with this though

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 08:42 - Sep 22 with 2063 viewsclive_baker

I would normally give £100 as a day guest.

I like the idea of giving it in the currency of wherever they’re off to though, that’s a nice touch.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 08:49 - Sep 22 with 2055 viewsDubtractor

£10 voucher for Poundland?

The money for honeymoon option seems to increasingly be the norm doesn't it? I quite like Joe's suggestion of cash in the destination currency if possible. I think about £50 would be fair - if every guest gave that much it would quickly add up to a shedload of money.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Here's a question for you all on wedding gifts on 09:38 - Sep 22 with 2033 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Buy them a big fat wallet and purse.......

......or say you only do contactless.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 9:39]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024