Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... 14:22 - Sep 21 with 6250 viewsDarth_Koont

You've had 2 years to come up with a plan but you didn't take negotiations seriously or urgently. Instead you've been focusing on the "optics" back home.

You knew all along the timetable was about coming up with a plan in Autumn 2018 that the EU needed to agree to. Unfortunately, that was entirely beyond the competence or interests of you and your useless Brexit team.

Just resign.

Pronouns: He/Him

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 17:42 - Sep 21 with 885 viewsNo9

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 14:47 - Sep 21 by MJallday

its a thought that hasnt really been fully explored has it?

just because some people might now want to come back or stop us leaving, doesn't mean theyll have us back!!!

things are in motion for us leaving. i doubt it can now be (easily) reversed without agreeing to new t+c's! (which ultimately might be worse than either leaving or remaining!)

They would probably only strip out the benefits the UK had from the 80's when the country was weak.
It would not necessarily mean using the Euro (although commercially that has obvious advantages) there are some like Denmark who stuck with their own currency and some who are not in the Schengen area.

We are where we are due to tory infighting and Camerons desire to move the tories to the right.
Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 17:52 - Sep 21 with 886 viewsGuthrum

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 15:50 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

UK: Hi, we want to leave your club please.
EU: OK, but you can't have rainbow unicorns

[18 months later]

UK: ok, we've decided what we want. We'd like rainbow unicorns
EU: Hmmm maybe.
UK: great lets have a summit.
EU: Actually No. We specifically said you couldn't have rainbow unicorns. Now fck off.
UK: That's not fair, you should treat us with respect!
EU: fck off.

Amended for accuracy

You missed out the bit where we have to take custody of the pink elephants, despite being allergic to the things, end up making extremities go yellow or green and drop off.

You have a point that the EU is not entirely playing ball, but then they have no need or desire to.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 19:16 - Sep 21 with 859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 17:52 - Sep 21 by Guthrum

You missed out the bit where we have to take custody of the pink elephants, despite being allergic to the things, end up making extremities go yellow or green and drop off.

You have a point that the EU is not entirely playing ball, but then they have no need or desire to.

No need or desire on certain points, and told us right at the start (actually they didn't even need to tell us, their position is well known). Yet we still wasted how long pursuing the unobtainable?

Because why? I don't get it. Are we really that thick? Or do we have full confidence in our ability to talk these johnny foreigners around, because we're British god dammit and they better listen?

Or is TM up to something else? Is she really trying out manoeuvre her own anti-EU elements by making such a bad fist of it that a second referendum would keep us in (someone on here raised this as a possibility if I recall).

Or is she just useless? If so how did she rise to where she is?

I don't understand what's going on at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 19:18 - Sep 21 with 856 viewsSpruceMoose

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 19:16 - Sep 21 by Swansea_Blue

No need or desire on certain points, and told us right at the start (actually they didn't even need to tell us, their position is well known). Yet we still wasted how long pursuing the unobtainable?

Because why? I don't get it. Are we really that thick? Or do we have full confidence in our ability to talk these johnny foreigners around, because we're British god dammit and they better listen?

Or is TM up to something else? Is she really trying out manoeuvre her own anti-EU elements by making such a bad fist of it that a second referendum would keep us in (someone on here raised this as a possibility if I recall).

Imma go for option 3.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:19 - Sep 21 with 839 viewspickles110564

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 19:16 - Sep 21 by Swansea_Blue

i said it earlier, she is and has always been a remainer. Her plan all along is to get a no deal so she can go back for a 2nd referendum and explain it would be better if we stayed in.
Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:33 - Sep 21 with 827 viewsm14_blue

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:19 - Sep 21 by pickles110564

i said it earlier, she is and has always been a remainer. Her plan all along is to get a no deal so she can go back for a 2nd referendum and explain it would be better if we stayed in.

If she really is so pro remain that she is willing to basically sacrifice her career and reputation to deliver it, do you think that is because:

A) She really, really loves the really, really unlovable EU.
B) She can see that Brexit can't happen without causing catastrophic damage to the UK.
Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:39 - Sep 21 with 823 viewspickles110564

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:33 - Sep 21 by m14_blue

If she really is so pro remain that she is willing to basically sacrifice her career and reputation to deliver it, do you think that is because:

A) She really, really loves the really, really unlovable EU.
B) She can see that Brexit can't happen without causing catastrophic damage to the UK.

C: she want to join on the gravy train same as the Kinnocks, Blairs, mandleson etc. etc.
Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:40 - Sep 21 with 821 viewsm14_blue

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:39 - Sep 21 by pickles110564

C: she want to join on the gravy train same as the Kinnocks, Blairs, mandleson etc. etc.

Ok, well that sounds pretty batsh1t crazy to me but fair enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:47 - Sep 21 with 815 viewsWD19

2 days, 2 years, 2 decades. It would make no difference.
Ideology on all sides will prevent any meaningful deal.
This is not a failure of negotiation or planning.
Its the sort of nonsense politics that has made Trump possible......
.....but still the penny hasn't dropped.
Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 21:35 - Sep 21 with 786 viewsDarth_Koont

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa ... on 20:47 - Sep 21 by WD19

2 days, 2 years, 2 decades. It would make no difference.
Ideology on all sides will prevent any meaningful deal.
This is not a failure of negotiation or planning.
Its the sort of nonsense politics that has made Trump possible......
.....but still the penny hasn't dropped.

Agree 100%.

But there's got to be a backlash surely!?

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024