Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? 14:35 - Sep 21 with 12237 viewstextbackup

Oh what a night...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:40 - Sep 21 with 4581 viewsBrianTablet

And who on here - who was at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game - doesn't think it was their favourite Town match ever?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:41 - Sep 21 with 4574 viewsSwailsey

I wasn't. I was 11 and for whatever reason, my dad didn't take me.

I'll never let him live it down. Ever.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:42 - Sep 21 with 4574 viewsIllinoisblue

a stunning game. if it had been live on Sky neutrals would be raving about it even now.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:42 - Sep 21 with 4574 viewsSteve_M

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:40 - Sep 21 by BrianTablet

And who on here - who was at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game - doesn't think it was their favourite Town match ever?

I suppose a few people have the title winning match in 1962, the UEFA Cup win or the FA Cup final somewhere. A handful might even have gone for Wembley 2000 or Sheffield United in 2003 but they would be slightly wrong.

It's certainly mine.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:48 - Sep 21 with 4545 viewsPJH

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:42 - Sep 21 by Steve_M

I suppose a few people have the title winning match in 1962, the UEFA Cup win or the FA Cup final somewhere. A handful might even have gone for Wembley 2000 or Sheffield United in 2003 but they would be slightly wrong.

It's certainly mine.

I saw all of those games you mention but that Bolton playoff game was certainly the most dramatic.
It was amazing how many times my emotions changed in that two hours or so-as Texters says "what a night".

edit-I felt emotionally drained for at least 24 hours after that.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 14:50]
Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:50 - Sep 21 with 4532 viewsNo9

I was abroad so didn't even get to see it on TV
Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:51 - Sep 21 with 4528 viewsBluefish

I wasn't. I had a ticket but was too ill, my mates liked to remind me for years what I missed. I was better for Wembley thankfully

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:54 - Sep 21 with 4516 viewsSWGF

It's certainly mine.

Facters at the first league match of Division Three (South) in 1938?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:55 - Sep 21 with 4512 viewsusm

Late December back in 63

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:57 - Sep 21 with 4503 viewsusm

It's certainly mine.

FA Cup Semi Final 1978 v WBA at Highbury.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:00 - Sep 21 with 4496 viewstextbackup

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:55 - Sep 21 by usm

Late December back in 63

...year two thousand and the month was May
Jim magilton scored and saved the day
What a feeling
What a night...

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:01 - Sep 21 with 4486 viewsFenoit

I was 13 at the time - will never forget that night.

When everyone went on to the pitch after the game my sister tried to hop over the advertising boards at the side of the Pioneer Stand and fell straight into one of the trenches that the camera men use

I managed to get a sizeable chunk of the turf home and planted in my back garden.
Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:01 - Sep 21 with 4481 viewsBrianTablet

It's certainly mine.

I was a bit young, but I went to Amsterdam and the atmosphere in the ground wasn't that great because it was an open stadium.

78 was nuts, but i was just a nipper and couldn't see much.

The semi in 2000 was better than the final.
Being at home, floodlights, pitch invasion, it had the lot.

TWTD

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:02 - Sep 21 with 4482 viewsCoastalblue

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:57 - Sep 21 by usm

That's probably mine, but actually I did miss the PO semi against Bolton. Only home game I missed that year.

I kind of kept up with bits of it in the Green Room, but spent a fair bit of it on stage.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:03 - Sep 21 with 4464 viewsITFC_Forever

It's certainly mine.

A very prominent ITFC tweeter missed the PO Final at Wembley as that was the day he flew out on honeymoon.

And a guy up my Mum's road who was a ST for decades missed Wembley 2000 as he'd already booked his holiday for Spain for then, as he was so convinced we wouldn't make it to the Final.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 15:04]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:03 - Sep 21 with 4456 viewsReuser_is_God

What a night.

I remember being in Reynolds Road chip shop afterwards & I couldn't speak.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:05 - Sep 21 with 4444 viewsITFC_Forever

Most of the Bolton players and coaching staff's heads weren't at that game...

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:14 - Sep 21 with 4426 viewstextbackup

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:03 - Sep 21 by ITFC_Forever

A very prominent ITFC tweeter missed the PO Final at Wembley as that was the day he flew out on honeymoon.

And a guy up my Mum's road who was a ST for decades missed Wembley 2000 as he'd already booked his holiday for Spain for then, as he was so convinced we wouldn't make it to the Final.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 15:04]

Firstly,

Why book a holiday when huge games could happen whilst away

Secondly,

Why didn’t he fly home?!

(On the first point, even when booking our 2019 holiday, I’ve made sure it’s not when the playoff dates could be, surely people would rather be safe than sorry)

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:14 - Sep 21 with 4422 viewsstringy

shouted myself hoarse; was in the Britannia stand for the first time ever I think (North Stand being completely sold out), absolutely nuts game and even getting to the Rep just in time to miss last orders didn't diminish our glee
Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:15 - Sep 21 with 4416 viewsSteve_M

Anyway, an important addition tot he thread:

I know no-one really needs to see these again as they are ingrained on all our brains but....

And, because this came up when I googled the goals, here's Nick Ames' piece in Blizzard:

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/ipswich-town-5-bolton-wanderers-3

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:17 - Sep 21 with 4409 viewsITFC_Forever

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:14 - Sep 21 by textbackup

Firstly,

Why book a holiday when huge games could happen whilst away

Secondly,

Why didn’t he fly home?!

(On the first point, even when booking our 2019 holiday, I’ve made sure it’s not when the playoff dates could be, surely people would rather be safe than sorry)

No idea. I think he was so pi55ed off at our continual failure in the POs, he simply decided to tempt fate.

We always go away May half-term (which includes the PO Final weekend at the start of it), but it's only to Cornwall, so should we ever make it to the PO Final, I'd just drive / train it back to London for the game and then go back down to re-join our holiday after.

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:20 - Sep 21 with 4401 viewstextbackup

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:17 - Sep 21 by ITFC_Forever

No idea. I think he was so pi55ed off at our continual failure in the POs, he simply decided to tempt fate.

We always go away May half-term (which includes the PO Final weekend at the start of it), but it's only to Cornwall, so should we ever make it to the PO Final, I'd just drive / train it back to London for the game and then go back down to re-join our holiday after.

This is bad as a parent, but some things just need to be done, I’m taking kids out of school to ensure that HT week/playoff dates are clear 😱
Could probably try and move it now to be honest 😂

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:21 - Sep 21 with 4394 viewsWeWereZombies

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 14:57 - Sep 21 by usm

Yep, I was at the Cup Final, Bolton 2000 play-off semi and then the final, the Barcelona home games but that Highbury FA cup semi-final was a match in a million.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:23 - Sep 21 with 4392 viewsITFC_Forever

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:20 - Sep 21 by textbackup

This is bad as a parent, but some things just need to be done, I’m taking kids out of school to ensure that HT week/playoff dates are clear 😱
Could probably try and move it now to be honest 😂

When we got to the PO Semi against the Budgies a couple of years ago, me and Newington Blue (who used to post on here fairly often) were going to be in Cornwall at the same time, so we had arranged to get his non-ITFC mate a ticket in return for him driving us both to London and back should we have got through.

I've been drinking with Newington before and it's a messy affair at the best of times, so I dread to think how that day would have turned out.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 15:57]

Who on here wasn’t at ‘that’ Bolton playoff game? on 15:28 - Sep 21 with 4369 viewsskyblue23

I was about 10 and went with my Dad, but for some reason wasn't allowed to go to the Inter Milan game a few years later because the kick off was night time!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024