Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... 10:19 - Sep 22 with 2188 viewsBluearmy71

That has irked me more than just a little was when Brenner asked PH if he is happy to take opinions of the players during a game that they feel would help the performance in some way, PH shut this question down quick with a "no thats my job" This worries me if a manager isn't prepared to at least listen to a different opinion!

I'm sure you heard that Sir Bobby would always welcome the advise/opinions of the players even if he didn't always put into place what they may have been, he listened, this is where I feel PH needs to check himself a little.
One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:25 - Sep 22 with 2129 viewsPendejo

especially from the Captain who is in charge on the field of play

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:29 - Sep 22 with 2107 viewsStokieBlue

Do you think there are many managers who take tactical advice from player during the match? After the match, sure, not sure I see many managers having tactical discussions with players during the match.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:35 - Sep 22 with 2069 viewsBluearmy71

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:29 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

Do you think there are many managers who take tactical advice from player during the match? After the match, sure, not sure I see many managers having tactical discussions with players during the match.

SB

Point being SB is that PH wouldn't listen! And you have over exaggerated the extent of input, an opinion eg" if we move 10 yards further up gaffer I think that would contain them better" is clearly different from a tactical discussion, no???
One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:35 - Sep 22 with 2068 viewsHerbivore

Christ, we're at the over analysing every single word Hurst says in his press conference stage already. I really hope we go on a run of form if only to make this place bearable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:41 - Sep 22 with 2030 viewsBluearmy71

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:35 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

Christ, we're at the over analysing every single word Hurst says in his press conference stage already. I really hope we go on a run of form if only to make this place bearable.

Don't be a dick, I want Hurst to do well, you have commented on posts that in which I said he and the team needs time but this is something that as someone who can see the bigger picture here found rather troubling, even if you don't take advise the least you could do is be prepared to listen someone else instead of being pig ignorant about it!
One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:43 - Sep 22 with 2015 viewschristiand

That's not to say that he doesn't consider it. Just doesn't look great if PH then just reverts to the whim of the players, it will seem like the lunatics are running the asylum. But he might digest what they say and store it away in the gray-matter and use later.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:46 - Sep 22 with 2006 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think everything needs to be taken that seriously - I'm sure he would listen to genuine concerns if players were seeing them from their views

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:46 - Sep 22 with 1993 viewsHerbivore

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:41 - Sep 22 by Bluearmy71

Don't be a dick, I want Hurst to do well, you have commented on posts that in which I said he and the team needs time but this is something that as someone who can see the bigger picture here found rather troubling, even if you don't take advise the least you could do is be prepared to listen someone else instead of being pig ignorant about it!

Yeah, you're reading far too much into a rather predictable answer to a question at a press conference. Genuinely noting to see here.

Login to get fewer ads

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:52 - Sep 22 with 1950 viewsBluearmy71

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:46 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

Yeah, you're reading far too much into a rather predictable answer to a question at a press conference. Genuinely noting to see here.

Well only time will tell on that one eh!!
One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:55 - Sep 22 with 1936 viewsBluearmy71

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:46 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

I don't think everything needs to be taken that seriously - I'm sure he would listen to genuine concerns if players were seeing them from their views

I'm not so sure Joe, I hope ur right!
One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 11:17 - Sep 22 with 1838 viewsStokieBlue

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:35 - Sep 22 by Bluearmy71

Point being SB is that PH wouldn't listen! And you have over exaggerated the extent of input, an opinion eg" if we move 10 yards further up gaffer I think that would contain them better" is clearly different from a tactical discussion, no???

I doubt many managers would listen to something as trival as that either. It's also rolling been quite a bit from your original post.

SB

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 12:01 - Sep 22 with 1712 viewsBluearmy71

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 11:17 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

I doubt many managers would listen to something as trival as that either. It's also rolling been quite a bit from your original post.

SB

You didn't answer the question! Your willingness to dismiss the actual point of this post is the only thing that is trivial, I've seen you interact lots and always though you quite reasonable with most of your opinions but on this its clear that you do not wish to acknowledge the point even if you do understand it!
One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 12:16 - Sep 22 with 1655 viewsHerbivore

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 12:01 - Sep 22 by Bluearmy71

You didn't answer the question! Your willingness to dismiss the actual point of this post is the only thing that is trivial, I've seen you interact lots and always though you quite reasonable with most of your opinions but on this its clear that you do not wish to acknowledge the point even if you do understand it!

You seem awfully upset that people aren't just agreeing with you.

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 12:23 - Sep 22 with 1627 viewsSonOfSpock

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 10:25 - Sep 22 by Pendejo

especially from the Captain who is in charge on the field of play

He isn't really though is he. It's not like cricket where the captain is calling the bowling changes or fielding positions.
One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 12:58 - Sep 22 with 1535 viewsStokieBlue

One Thing From Hurst's Press Conference... on 12:01 - Sep 22 by Bluearmy71

I think I did but if you are referring to the "10 yards up the pitch" not being a tactical discussion then I would say it is.

The level of the discussion is irrelevant anyway, I still don't think many managers would make in-game changes based on input from players on the pitch. After the match is fine, during the match their needs to be a hierarchy.

We just disagree, that's fine :).

COYB.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024