Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team News Pennington at RB 14:00 - Sep 22 with 2972 viewsMullet

Bolton line up here. I'm sure the Busiest ladypart in all of forumdom will correct me, but it seems a 4-2-3-1 from them to match us up

[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 14:10]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:03 - Sep 22 with 2886 viewsMullet

I suspect it'll be Ward on the left, but if their RB is so good is it better to have Edwards pinning him back and Ward protecting Pennington? He did play there on loan at Leeds and for Everton, so he might be just as measured and assured.

Can only feel sorry for Donacien. Doesn't matter how well he plays he is beholden to someone else being injured it seems.

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:03 - Sep 22 with 2884 viewsGlasgowBlue

Harsh on Donacien. I'd have left Toto on the bench after being out for three games.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:03 - Sep 22 with 2844 viewspointofblue

Donacien dropped again to acommodate Walters on the bench. What's the point of Edun being a substitute - Kenlock could have taken his place to sure up our defensive options and allow Donacien to start rather than the 'square peg in round hole' option.

Though wait a moment, Hurst could be about to pull a Mick and play Chambers there instead!

Really annoyed at that choice - the rest of the team is fine.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:08 - Sep 22 with 2702 viewsGuthrum

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:03 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

Donacien dropped again to acommodate Walters on the bench. What's the point of Edun being a substitute - Kenlock could have taken his place to sure up our defensive options and allow Donacien to start rather than the 'square peg in round hole' option.

Though wait a moment, Hurst could be about to pull a Mick and play Chambers there instead!

Really annoyed at that choice - the rest of the team is fine.

Rather surprised at having Edun and Graham on the bench. Surely would make sense to have one or the other and Donacien available for FB?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:10 - Sep 22 with 2647 viewspointofblue

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:08 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

Rather surprised at having Edun and Graham on the bench. Surely would make sense to have one or the other and Donacien available for FB?

Edun and Graham are different players - Edun can play left back, left midfield and centre midfield; Graham is predominantly an attacking winger. Edun is on the bench for his defensive cover (the only other option we have there is Spence) whilst Graham is there to assist the attack.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:13 - Sep 22 with 2551 viewschristiand

Just me, but feel that back 4 looks solid on paper? Feel sorry for Donacien though, getting mucked about due to PH’s decision to sign 25,000 players on loan!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:16 - Sep 22 with 2488 viewspositivity

could it be 3-5-2 (knudsen at lwb, ward at rwb, nolan playing off jackson?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:18 - Sep 22 with 2434 viewsGuthrum

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:10 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

Edun and Graham are different players - Edun can play left back, left midfield and centre midfield; Graham is predominantly an attacking winger. Edun is on the bench for his defensive cover (the only other option we have there is Spence) whilst Graham is there to assist the attack.

All very well to have fine-tuned tactical options, but it has deprived us of having probably our best RB available at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:27 - Sep 22 with 2297 viewsHarryfromBath

On the Bolton front...

1. They have brought their wingers back after Boro. Buckley and Noone with Wildschut to appear from an attacking bench.
2. The "unfortunate" (their word) Grounds is at left-back as Taylor apparently isn't fit.
3. The biggest switch of all is taking centre-backs Wheater and Beevers out and replacing them with the more mobile Jack Hobbs and Marc Wilson, who have hardly featured. They are clearly unnerved by the pace of Jackson and Edwards.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 14:28]

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:32 - Sep 22 with 2202 viewsstainless

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:16 - Sep 22 by positivity

could it be 3-5-2 (knudsen at lwb, ward at rwb, nolan playing off jackson?

I think you could be right, except edwards & jackson up front
Team News Pennington at RB on 14:35 - Sep 22 with 2152 viewspositivity

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:32 - Sep 22 by stainless

I think you could be right, except edwards & jackson up front

good point, edwards doesn't fit into 3-5-2 otherwise...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:39 - Sep 22 with 2118 viewsMullet

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:35 - Sep 22 by positivity

good point, edwards doesn't fit into 3-5-2 otherwise...

Why in holy chuff would he do that though? Seems barmy he'd go back to 3-5-2 especially with yet more changes and then just chuck one of the few decent wingers we have up top!

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:48 - Sep 22 with 2032 viewscressi

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:39 - Sep 22 by Mullet

Why in holy chuff would he do that though? Seems barmy he'd go back to 3-5-2 especially with yet more changes and then just chuck one of the few decent wingers we have up top!

Sorry I don't feel sorry for anyone both players who have played right back pack any positional sense hence why change
Team News Pennington at RB on 15:24 - Sep 22 with 1897 viewsJohnny_Boy

Team News Pennington at RB on 14:27 - Sep 22 by HarryfromBath

On the Bolton front...

1. They have brought their wingers back after Boro. Buckley and Noone with Wildschut to appear from an attacking bench.
2. The "unfortunate" (their word) Grounds is at left-back as Taylor apparently isn't fit.
3. The biggest switch of all is taking centre-backs Wheater and Beevers out and replacing them with the more mobile Jack Hobbs and Marc Wilson, who have hardly featured. They are clearly unnerved by the pace of Jackson and Edwards.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 14:28]

Dearest Harry, enjoying your sultry tones on the Blue Monday podcast.
As an avid Podcaster, i regularly listen to the Guardian FW & have noticed similar lilts in your twang to a certain B Glenndening, who I think is a Burr boy. Were you both similarly from the same area?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024