Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst is surely gone after that 17:18 - Sep 22 with 15132 viewsSteve_M

Crap, never threatened to score. We look like we could go all season without winning a game.

Evans half-arsed ownership was bailed out by McCarthy. The gap shows now. We're going down.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:36 - Sep 22 with 3604 viewsRyorry

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:24 - Sep 22 by cbower

When I hear someone like you come out and say that, it really is the time to worry. The Walters injury may well be an unfortunate coincidence but it really does make Hurst and his sports science approach look stupid. How was Jon Nolan today? For me he is not worthy of a place. Tristan Nydam would be better for me. I will be at Birmingham next week. Will Paul Hurst?

Hi C - the Walters injury wasn't an unfortunate coincidence, he'd been carrying an Achilles niggle for at least a week according to Mick Mills.

We seem to have gone from a manager who was risk-averse and always opted for playing safe all the time, to one who is an out and out extreme risk-taker! I simply cannot understand any manager putting out someone carrying an Achilles niggle as their 3rd substitution - incredible gamble!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:41 - Sep 22 with 3590 viewsKeaneish

If anyone had said that last season they'd have been accused of being a melt or snowflake!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:43 - Sep 22 with 3581 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:41 - Sep 22 by Keaneish

If anyone had said that last season they'd have been accused of being a melt or snowflake!

They're probably the same ones who can't get over it and still bang on about Mick now. He really got in their heads. I bet he still chuckles knowing that now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:45 - Sep 22 with 3567 viewsRyorry

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:27 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

It's not what you say it's how you say it.

And timing pretty different too.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:50 - Sep 22 with 3553 viewsStokieBlue

Couldn't see the match but a lost of sensible posters have declared it the last straw so must have been a shocker.

If the consensus is to get rid then we should, my only concern is having a shocker of a replacement. I could get behind Burley but having a round the block manager come in can't be good surely?

Who do people actually want? Following on from that would they be better than giving a bit more time to Hurst?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:55 - Sep 22 with 3532 viewsBiGDonnie

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:52 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

The squad that had the fans sing "Mick McCarthy your football is s**t" last season and the year before, you mean?

Webster, Waghorn and Garner wanted to go - maybe we could have held firm and said no but, to be fair, I think it was Mick himself who said there's no point keeping an upset player. The majority of the rest who left did so before Hurst even arrived meaning he had a rebuilding job on arrival.

Not anything to do with the three that left. I’m talking about Nydam, Dozzell, Wolf and Downes who aren’t really getting snlook in, the fact we have five loan signings, some of which don’t even make the squad.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:59 - Sep 22 with 3522 viewsKeaneish

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:50 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

Couldn't see the match but a lost of sensible posters have declared it the last straw so must have been a shocker.

If the consensus is to get rid then we should, my only concern is having a shocker of a replacement. I could get behind Burley but having a round the block manager come in can't be good surely?

Who do people actually want? Following on from that would they be better than giving a bit more time to Hurst?

SB

If a 'sensible' poster is declaring is the 'last straw', before October, they're not very sensible are they? The game wasn't that bad. We were completely comfortable throughout even before they had a man sent off. I'd pick through the nonsense on here tonight which is a mixture of MM inners re-surfacing, those who are disappointed we couldn't turn in a win we should have done and those who have zero tolerance for us being near the bottom.

The final third was frustrating and infuriating, granted but it was far from a shocker. Hull away, now that was a shocker.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:09 - Sep 22 with 3476 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:59 - Sep 22 by Keaneish

If a 'sensible' poster is declaring is the 'last straw', before October, they're not very sensible are they? The game wasn't that bad. We were completely comfortable throughout even before they had a man sent off. I'd pick through the nonsense on here tonight which is a mixture of MM inners re-surfacing, those who are disappointed we couldn't turn in a win we should have done and those who have zero tolerance for us being near the bottom.

The final third was frustrating and infuriating, granted but it was far from a shocker. Hull away, now that was a shocker.

Get. Over. Mick.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:12 - Sep 22 with 3462 viewsStokieBlue

I'm deciding whether a poster is sensible on a broad spectrum of subjects.

Expand your mind.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:17 - Sep 22 with 3423 viewsRadlett_blue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:49 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

I think he'll have until the next international break at least, so Birmingham away, Middlesbrough home and Swansea away. Bear in mind Evans stuck with Keane for 14 matches without a win.

That's unless the players down tools... oh wait, I think they have done already.

With Birmingham having won today at Leeds, those next 3 games look a little harder. We've actually played plenty of beatable teams so far this season, the problem is that we haven't looked like beating any of them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:20 - Sep 22 with 3409 viewsRyorry

I know this might be slated, but we're not actually losing that many games - only four, all away (not counting Exeter). We're simply drawing games at home rather than winning them. We've been unlucky a couple of times - the red card, a last minute goal against - and had one of those games translated into 3 points, I think the difference in confidence would have made a huge difference. Several on here tonight have commented on our poor first touches, players not comfortable on the ball or knowing what to do with it etc - surely all things which are greatly affected by having low or no confidence? Need something or somebody to come in as catalyst - sports psychologist?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:23 - Sep 22 with 3399 viewsReuser_is_God

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:50 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

SB

Today was really bad.

I genuinely don’t know what we should do in terms of getting rid or not.

I’m inclined to say give him more time but if he was to be sacked this week you couldn’t have an argument against it to be honest.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:57 - Sep 22 with 3301 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:41 - Sep 22 by Keaneish

Probably because at this point we were 2 points off top with a game in hand

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 07:58 - Sep 23 with 3121 viewsSteve_M

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:17 - Sep 22 by Radlett_blue

With Birmingham having won today at Leeds, those next 3 games look a little harder. We've actually played plenty of beatable teams so far this season, the problem is that we haven't looked like beating any of them.

Quite, I'm sure that Rotherham, hull and Bolton will be three of the bottom eight and we've taken one point from those three. There's just not enough goal threat which, coupled with poor goals given away, is really worrying.

Hurst is floundering badly at the moment and I have less idea of what he's trying to do than I did a month ago.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:09 - Sep 23 with 3095 viewsKeaneish

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:23 - Sep 22 by Reuser_is_God

Today was really bad.

I genuinely don’t know what we should do in terms of getting rid or not.

I’m inclined to say give him more time but if he was to be sacked this week you couldn’t have an argument against it to be honest.

Was it that bad? Final third granted but that aside, what was so bad? For me we need to start gambling more and getting a lot more movement into that forward line. Other than that, I'm not too displeased with what I saw yesterday as frustrating as it was.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:20 - Sep 23 with 3088 viewsurbanblue

As you know Steve, I've always had a lot of respect for your opinion and posts. Iv'e always found them interesting, thoughtful and reasoned and have often gained insight as to what is going on when I couldn't see games. For you to feel like this is really something.

With ifollow and an early renewed enthusiasm for watching us play I can now comment having seen every game bar Exeter. Up to Norwich I was thoroughly enjoying it. Yes, there were problems but we seemed to be going in the right direction and I was looking forward to every game. Now .... well, I'm rapidly returning to can I be arsed to stay up territory.

Something has obviously happened within the squad and things seemed to have changed. It was about when the loanees came in. Till then I thought it was promising. If that problem can be addressed then maybe Hurst has a chance. I reckon it may have something to do with Bart being dropped going by some of the gossip. I actually think Hurst can be successful but Evans has to get involved and sort out whatever mess is going on internally.

We are not a sacking club and are known for giving managers time. I really don't want us to turn into Leeds!

[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 8:29]
Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:23 - Sep 23 with 3065 viewsurbanblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:09 - Sep 23 by Keaneish

Was it that bad? Final third granted but that aside, what was so bad? For me we need to start gambling more and getting a lot more movement into that forward line. Other than that, I'm not too displeased with what I saw yesterday as frustrating as it was.

It was bad but I think so much of the problem comes down to confidence. Whether that's caused by Hursts erratic selection and tactics, squad unrest, or is just psychological the longer we go without a win, I don't know.
Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:27 - Sep 23 with 3043 viewsjeera

Hurst is surely gone after that on 22:57 - Sep 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably because at this point we were 2 points off top with a game in hand

It's extraordinary the lengths people will go to in an attempt to draw some parallels isn't it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:53 - Sep 23 with 2988 viewsBiGDonnie

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:26 - Sep 22 by FrimleyBlue

Love how this gets 6, uppies.
I say same thing. Down arrow and abuse galore. Brilliant

You don’t see a difference between your posts and the op’s?

Would explain a lot tbf.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:55 - Sep 23 with 2981 viewstractorboy1978

We didn't test the keeper until about the 85th minute (Chambers header). And that is nothing new. We can't create chances and for all the possession in the second half we didn't look like scoring. I'd say Bolton were as comfortable as you will see a side with 10 men looking to nick a point.
Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:22 - Sep 23 with 2901 viewsBluearmy71

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:49 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

You know I'm not some kind of lunatic, and I really want this to work out, but I'm panicking. I think youre right. Something stinks to high heaven at the club. Something's going on and it isn't OK.

totally with you on this, I don't like myself saying this at all but I am starting to doubt now!
Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:28 - Sep 23 with 2881 viewsartsbossbeard

Comical Ali and Keanish. Never seen in the same room.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:38 - Sep 23 with 2853 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, it was bad. Really bad. Defensively we were okay, although Bolton still had decent chances later in the second half after we took Skuse off and lost all midfield shape. That aside it was pretty poor. First half we mostly launched it long even though Jackson wasn't going to win anything against their giants at the back. There was no real structure to our play. Second half we kept it on the deck more as Bolton sat off but we had as much penetration as a blunt spoon. Again, no real pattern to our play and didn't look like scoring if the game had gone another 90 minutes.

I think Chalobah and Nolan epitomize the state we're in currently, Chalobah has bags of ability but mostly all I see him do is get in his teammates' way or turn into trouble. Nolan can't buy a pass at times and so just hides for a bit. They aren't bad players but they look like they don't know what they should be doing.

If you can't see that yesterday's performance was worrying, especially off the back of a decent second half against Brentford, then I'm not sure what you're watching. We're not getting any better and we started from a relatively low base.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:44 - Sep 23 with 2838 viewsSteve_M

Hurst is surely gone after that on 08:20 - Sep 23 by urbanblue

As you know Steve, I've always had a lot of respect for your opinion and posts. Iv'e always found them interesting, thoughtful and reasoned and have often gained insight as to what is going on when I couldn't see games. For you to feel like this is really something.

With ifollow and an early renewed enthusiasm for watching us play I can now comment having seen every game bar Exeter. Up to Norwich I was thoroughly enjoying it. Yes, there were problems but we seemed to be going in the right direction and I was looking forward to every game. Now .... well, I'm rapidly returning to can I be arsed to stay up territory.

Something has obviously happened within the squad and things seemed to have changed. It was about when the loanees came in. Till then I thought it was promising. If that problem can be addressed then maybe Hurst has a chance. I reckon it may have something to do with Bart being dropped going by some of the gossip. I actually think Hurst can be successful but Evans has to get involved and sort out whatever mess is going on internally.

We are not a sacking club and are known for giving managers time. I really don't want us to turn into Leeds!

[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 8:29]

I think that's spot on, there were problems to resolve with the team but there was a clear sense of purpose and an approach from Hurst. Granted it needed to be for longer periods of time but it's fallen away almost completely since, the second half against Brentford and 20 minutes against Norwich being the only other occasions.

I just can't see how Hurst can turn it round now, things just look to be too far gone and we could easily go the next three or four games still without a win.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:55 - Sep 23 with 2802 viewsHerbivore

Hurst is surely gone after that on 09:44 - Sep 23 by Steve_M

I think that's spot on, there were problems to resolve with the team but there was a clear sense of purpose and an approach from Hurst. Granted it needed to be for longer periods of time but it's fallen away almost completely since, the second half against Brentford and 20 minutes against Norwich being the only other occasions.

I just can't see how Hurst can turn it round now, things just look to be too far gone and we could easily go the next three or four games still without a win.

You have to wonder what kind of message it sent out to the squad when we made six changes, including bringing in three brand new loanees and replacing a popular and well-respected Bart, for the derby game. Going into that game we'd been playing pretty well, we just needed to defend better from set pieces and be a bit better with our final ball. We didn't need six changes and three newbies who had barely even met their teammates. Since then it's been largely dire, we ought to have come back after the international break looking a better and more cohesive side but in fact the opposite happened at Hull. We look lost.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024