Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Judge the manager after 10 games" 17:24 - Sep 22 with 8297 viewsMullet

We definitely should be and I definitely am.

Another game where the starting line up is changed to accommodate someone with seemingly no balance and forethought on how that impacts the game. Another game where the side are booed off. Another game where the half time team talk seems to rely on substituting someone because the starting XI and subsequent plan failed.

But more importantly, another game without a win. Without shape, pace, movement, goals, creativity, bravery, players shouting "man on", players taking responsibility, communicating or just helping each other out.

No partnerships, no units from touchline to touchline, no belief, no shots on goal for 40 minute spells. No idea who to aim for from a set piece. No pride, no belief in themselves, no idea if they're getting hooked now or next week in far too many cases.

There is absolutely no evidence that Paul Hurst knows his squad, his own mind or how to impact a game positively. His recruitment like his week to week management has been scattered, unbalanced and answers none of the questions piling up .

This seems to be the norm under Evans. The past five years his almost accidental belle epoch under a man vilified in the end for overachieving against the odds. If he cares about our survival something must give. Whether it's more money to the man he's hired this summer, or his P45 I don't know.

But there's faith, blind faith and just being blind. To be without goals, wins and any semblance of hope that we might just "survive" is the weakest of indignant counterarguments this far into the season is utterly tragic and inexcusable. Those still insisting it's someone else's fault, a question of time, a case of "luck" need to break it down for me, because from where I'm perched Evans is about to lose the reigns of this club and let it finally tumble into obscurity without decisiveness.

What exactly does he want us to be? How exactly does he plan to make it so? We have seen a typical management stint in fast forwards it seems, with three or phases of Hurst in as many months, all whilst hurtling backwards.

No one wanted this, but no one can be happy either. Of all the candidates Hurst seems to be the perfect one, albeit a known risk. I think it's evident that he's not respected what was here, not known what he wants exactly, not known how to remedy problems and set backs and through that not done what he set out or promised to do.

It's going to be a long road back for him here now, assuming he gets to walk it. Not since Jewell have we looked this inept and ill-prepared for any test thrown our way. Perhaps those inclined more towards faith will be comforted to know it's Brum away next week. A shrine to seasons and ITFC under Evans redeemed.

I'm not expecting to see miracles when I'm stood in the away end next week, but a bit of fight and sense of purpose would be enough right now. Sod any talk of being careful what you wish for, did someone accidentally go to the fcuking Canary Fairy because I cannot fathom how this has been allowed to happen like this.

I can only think he needs to look around that training ground and be honest with them and himself. Pick a side that fits a system and a pattern like he has said he would. Fill it with players that are up for the fight and go again one last time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 19:54 - Sep 22 with 1134 viewsbluesatin

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 19:36 - Sep 22 by brogansnose

Yeah, cos Pennington is a full back and Nolan sits just ahead of the defence along with Chalobah and Shuse. Face it, he doesn't know what he's doing.

This has all the hallmarks of the 1963/64 season when Wor Jackie (Milburn) packed the side with second rate Scottish players I think he resigned after about 10 games and we finished the season at the bottom with the highest goals against, I feel Paul Hurst is doing the same thing with his purchases this season if this carries on I can see us being so far adrift by Christmas their will be no way back and Division 1 will be our destination and we won't come back at the first time of asking.
"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 19:56 - Sep 22 with 1116 viewsbrogansnose

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 19:54 - Sep 22 by bluesatin

This has all the hallmarks of the 1963/64 season when Wor Jackie (Milburn) packed the side with second rate Scottish players I think he resigned after about 10 games and we finished the season at the bottom with the highest goals against, I feel Paul Hurst is doing the same thing with his purchases this season if this carries on I can see us being so far adrift by Christmas their will be no way back and Division 1 will be our destination and we won't come back at the first time of asking.

I do feel that this may be the case.
"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 20:27 - Sep 22 with 1072 viewsMullet

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 19:24 - Sep 22 by artsbossbeard

don't bother with this one. He's still got a semi from Mick going and can't see the glaringly obvious.

You see, that might be the case. But unlike the likes who went hiding recently and only a couple of weeks ago were calling me all sorts and telling me to shut up, I don't believe in playing the man unless necessary. I'm being genuine here, because if i can't see it, I want to.

There's no sulking here, just fear we finally go where I said Evans would take us if he was careless and fear it comes sooner than anticipated.

As I said on twitter "I'm fully behind Hurst" became a niche "I'm not racist but" recently, now some of the more cowardly hypocrites are calling for him to go. Keaneish isn't, I wanna know what I'm missing.

This does only show how good Mick was, how wrong some were, and maybe that's the cause of a lot of it. They never got the vindication they assumed was there's come May. So where does that leave us? What is still about to click apart from the trapdoor?

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 20:28 - Sep 22 with 1065 viewsMullet

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 19:54 - Sep 22 by bluesatin

That's an excellent parallel. Depressing. But certainly paints a picture.

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 20:38 - Sep 22 with 1039 viewsMelford

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 18:03 - Sep 22 by Mullet

I can only see Burley being a placeholder until the new man is here. He'd in theory conciliate the leaders in the squad and bring harmony back, but it'd not be a good solution beyond January.

See how it goes, look at Darren Moore at WBA.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 20:53 - Sep 22 with 1010 viewsMelford

It's got the air of The Damned United about it right now. When several well-respected posters on here who are ITK and their posts all paint the same picture there must be something going off.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 21:11 - Sep 22 with 970 viewsCoastalblue

He needs to pick a formation and team and stick with it for a few games.

I disagree that the quality brought in is far too low, some will fail sure, they just need to be allowed to build a team and a way of playing.

We look so painfully slow and pedestrian in posession at the moment, despite we probably have as much pace and athleticism available as at any time in the last few years. Most of this is purely down to lack of confidence and familiarity I believe. There's little movement or showing for the ball, the guy in posession dithers and then just wants rid.

I've been one of Hurst's biggest backers but will confess I'm starting to worry. I was in two minds about going to Brum, not now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 09:54 - Sep 23 with 831 viewsMullet

"Judge the manager after 10 games" on 21:11 - Sep 22 by Coastalblue

He needs to pick a formation and team and stick with it for a few games.

I disagree that the quality brought in is far too low, some will fail sure, they just need to be allowed to build a team and a way of playing.

We look so painfully slow and pedestrian in posession at the moment, despite we probably have as much pace and athleticism available as at any time in the last few years. Most of this is purely down to lack of confidence and familiarity I believe. There's little movement or showing for the ball, the guy in posession dithers and then just wants rid.

I've been one of Hurst's biggest backers but will confess I'm starting to worry. I was in two minds about going to Brum, not now.

It's a much a question of who he has brought in, not how good they are. Most of the better signings have been loans, none of the dozen look like they will be stalwarts of the team next season.

Nolan has been awful, Nsiala missing and yesterday awkward, Jackson and Harrison have barely played enough and when they do it's never the same side twice.

These boys will never step up if they're passing themselves coming and going to the first team. As for the picture overall, well it's not pretty.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024