Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's talk Relegation. 18:01 - Sep 22 with 3626 viewsSpruceMoose

We'd be a Coventry*, wouldn't we?

*For our younger posters, Coventry used to be a football team.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:02 - Sep 22 with 3615 viewspointofblue

Better a Coventry than a Stockport.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:03 - Sep 22 with 3585 viewsJ2BLUE

What a depressing thought. I think some think we would go down, smash everyone and come back up with some momentum. We're Ipswich. We'd be down there for a decade.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:04 - Sep 22 with 3576 viewsCoco

A Charlton.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:05 - Sep 22 with 3571 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:03 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

What a depressing thought. I think some think we would go down, smash everyone and come back up with some momentum. We're Ipswich. We'd be down there for a decade.

That's my fear too. 8000 attendances and mid table in league one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:15 - Sep 22 with 3491 viewsSpruceMoose

Remember that time when the odds for the season were released and we were all laughing at them?

The bookies were right.

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:17 - Sep 22 with 3467 viewsbournemouthblue

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:15 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Remember that time when the odds for the season were released and we were all laughing at them?

The bookies were right.

Derby have been Champions after 10 games so it doesn't surprise me that we are relegated after 9

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:22 - Sep 22 with 3441 viewsGuthrum

I don't think we need to talk about relegation yet. We have to discuss how we can save ourselves from getting into that position. Town are by no means out of touch yet - indeed we are off the bottom of the table with that draw.

But something needs to be done. Either Hurst has to get a grip and sort things out very sharpish. Or someone else will have to be given a go.

I'm convinced that this group of players are not so bad they can't possibly be forged into a unit capable of staying in this division. The back-line and DMs are pretty decent (our goals against figure being bang mid-table). We have Edwards, Edun, Graham and Jackson. Ward is sometimes brilliant. Dozzell must be getting close to match-fitness. There are other youths who can be brought back from on loan. Harrison might flower if used better and given some service, his pedigree is good.

Going down is not yet a foregone conclusion. But steps need to be taken in the near future, before it has the chance to become so.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:26 - Sep 22 with 3407 viewsagentp

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:22 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

I don't think we need to talk about relegation yet. We have to discuss how we can save ourselves from getting into that position. Town are by no means out of touch yet - indeed we are off the bottom of the table with that draw.

But something needs to be done. Either Hurst has to get a grip and sort things out very sharpish. Or someone else will have to be given a go.

I'm convinced that this group of players are not so bad they can't possibly be forged into a unit capable of staying in this division. The back-line and DMs are pretty decent (our goals against figure being bang mid-table). We have Edwards, Edun, Graham and Jackson. Ward is sometimes brilliant. Dozzell must be getting close to match-fitness. There are other youths who can be brought back from on loan. Harrison might flower if used better and given some service, his pedigree is good.

Going down is not yet a foregone conclusion. But steps need to be taken in the near future, before it has the chance to become so.

The amount of points we need to average per game is going up rather quicky now. 20% of the season gone, another 5% probably getting rid and we are well into the season. He has to go now is my gut instinct and i've never called for a managers head.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:28 - Sep 22 with 3379 viewsCheltenham_Blue

And the rest

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:33 - Sep 22 with 3338 viewsMach_foreignBlue

And Marcus Evans will still be regarded by 'not a bad owner' by some.
Let's talk Relegation. on 18:35 - Sep 22 with 3305 viewshomer_123

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:22 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

He's tried different personnel.

He's tried different formations.

He's tried changing the footballing approach.

He's tried signing some experienced players.

He hasn't tried a consistent team selection.

Other than that....what else? A Director of Football to assist him?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:37 - Sep 22 with 3291 viewsGuthrum

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:26 - Sep 22 by agentp

The amount of points we need to average per game is going up rather quicky now. 20% of the season gone, another 5% probably getting rid and we are well into the season. He has to go now is my gut instinct and i've never called for a managers head.

This isn't about points needed towards a fixed total, tho. It's about staying in touch with the teams around and above us, then climbing ahead of them. We're only a single point from safety as things stand, even after our abominable start. Not too dissimilar to 2009 or 2012.

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:38 - Sep 22 with 3264 viewsBloomBlue

Well plenty of fans think you can change a mgr spend a few million and by default be top of the league after 9 games
Let's talk Relegation. on 18:40 - Sep 22 with 3247 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:38 - Sep 22 by BloomBlue

Well plenty of fans think you can change a mgr spend a few million and by default be top of the league after 9 games

Take a break from the trolling eh? Nobody thinks that.

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:40 - Sep 22 with 3245 viewsagentp

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:37 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

This isn't about points needed towards a fixed total, tho. It's about staying in touch with the teams around and above us, then climbing ahead of them. We're only a single point from safety as things stand, even after our abominable start. Not too dissimilar to 2009 or 2012.

It's all about averages. Those teams above us are as likely to go on a run as anyone else.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:47 - Sep 22 with 3175 viewsTerra_Farma

Did you go today spruce?

I didn't.

But I still believe in PH and what he is trying to achieve.

Have faith amigo.
Let's talk Relegation. on 18:48 - Sep 22 with 3156 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:47 - Sep 22 by Terra_Farma

Did you go today spruce?

I didn't.

But I still believe in PH and what he is trying to achieve.

Have faith amigo.

Sadly not. I'm not in the UK so I'm reduced to following on ifollow. Not the same as being there, but I've watched every game this season and I've seen enough to be rather worried.

I can't wait to be proved wrong though!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 18:49]

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:54 - Sep 22 with 3106 viewsTerra_Farma

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:48 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Sadly not. I'm not in the UK so I'm reduced to following on ifollow. Not the same as being there, but I've watched every game this season and I've seen enough to be rather worried.

I can't wait to be proved wrong though!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 18:49]

If we can turn some of these draws into wins then that will make a significant difference (whilst I appreciate today we were playing against 10 men)

I for one, would to say you were wrong and rub your nose in it!!

Keep faith, and hand on heart I believe it will come good.
Let's talk Relegation. on 18:55 - Sep 22 with 3092 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:54 - Sep 22 by Terra_Farma

If we can turn some of these draws into wins then that will make a significant difference (whilst I appreciate today we were playing against 10 men)

I for one, would to say you were wrong and rub your nose in it!!

Keep faith, and hand on heart I believe it will come good.

I'll be cursing you next season when I tune in to watch Ipswich v Fleetwood

Let's talk Relegation. on 19:21 - Sep 22 with 2975 viewsGuthrum

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:40 - Sep 22 by agentp

It's all about averages. Those teams above us are as likely to go on a run as anyone else.

As long as we can stay within touch - which we have so far, albeit through the failings of others as much as our own efforts - then the difference in averages will remain negligible and the gap to be overcome, small. Plus we have the ability to influence their progression, by winning games against them.

Let's talk Relegation. on 19:33 - Sep 22 with 2893 viewsCurrie10

The bookies were right.

I wasn't laughing, after Hurst was throwing players under a bus and banging on about fitness all summer, I thought they had substance.
Let's talk Relegation. on 19:36 - Sep 22 with 2857 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The bookies were right.

Were they right?

Didn't know the football season was gonna end in September.
Let's talk Relegation. on 19:38 - Sep 22 with 2837 viewsm14_blue

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:04 - Sep 22 by Coco

A Charlton.

I think that's probably the best comparison.

I doubt there would be a dramatic double relegation, just a depressing gradual decline into a run of the mill league one club playing in an empty stadium.
Let's talk Relegation. on 19:45 - Sep 22 with 2786 viewsyorkshire

I’ll be honest - I wasn’t impressed with why i saw today but as plenty have did, we’ve not lost touch with those around us - Bolton, Millwall, Reading, Preston and Rotherham will all be down there and I can see both Hull and QPR getting dragged in as well - we need a couple of wins - with goals coming from the front players and we’ll be in the mix
Let's talk Relegation. on 21:06 - Sep 22 with 2627 views3_5_2

Let's talk Relegation. on 18:55 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

I'll be cursing you next season when I tune in to watch Ipswich v Fleetwood

Let's get Joey Barton in

Liven things up a bit

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024